Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Taste still enforcing a PR and only pushing Somber still is very bad.

Maerlyn, poop, and PA voting in a block is so bad. Poop and Maer tryna somehow turn mason recruiter into a scum role unnerves me. Mason recruiter is an alignment neutral role, but the fact that they are tryin to make my role scummy rather than my play is pinging me hard.

i said that hal's claim was scummier than yours and that the claimed/presumed vanillas are better candidates than you, i literally named you 6th most likely scum in a pool of 9 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Voodoofly posted:

I sincerely doubt I want to vote maer today. But that has way more to do with posts than anything else.

you want to vote plastic, and i don't think voting plastic makes sense unless you presume that maer is also scum.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

the holy poopacy posted:

i said that hal's claim was scummier than yours and that the claimed/presumed vanillas are better candidates than you, i literally named you 6th most likely scum in a pool of 9 lol

also, honestly to the extent that i think you're a scum candidate at all it has more to do with your connection to voodoo & hal, both of whom I think are much stronger candidates

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
to be clear: I don't think sandwolf is a scum mason recruiter, I think if sandwolf is scum he's probably making up the mason stuff along with scumbuddies voodoo & hal

but there's enough goofiness with the way they describe the mason recruit working that I don't think they came up with all that weirdness on their own. i'm inclined to believe it (and by extension sandwolf), although I don't think this clears voodoo or hal

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I'm still surprised that somber's rolecop did not read voodoo as a mason (an argument in favor of sandwolf/hal/voodoo fake scum masons) but as described it sounds like the mod kind of forgot lots of stuff around the mason recruit, so maybe not that surprising

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Maerlyn posted:

Another aspect about Hals claim, it fits as protection for scum if I had chosen the bodyguard role. Why would town need a BP role?

?? It’s a protective role that would block a scum night kill? The real question is why did hal choose lunchproof over bulletproof?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

the holy poopacy posted:

I'm still surprised that somber's rolecop did not read voodoo as a mason (an argument in favor of sandwolf/hal/voodoo fake scum masons) but as described it sounds like the mod kind of forgot lots of stuff around the mason recruit, so maybe not that surprising

Voodoo was recruited into a masonry, he was not retroactively made a mason

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Dang you beat me to it

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

still seems counterintuitive to me, is that really how it would usually work

i would assume e.g. a recruited cultist would investigate as a cultist because it would suck otherwise

it would be less important for mason but still, why not? particularly if you're going to specifically make a setup with rolecop + mason recruiter because it's an interesting interaction. that's not really determinative of anything because if you or somber is lying then it's no longer a setup with rolecop + mason recruiter and it doesn't matter how those interact.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

the holy poopacy posted:

still seems counterintuitive to me, is that really how it would usually work

i would assume e.g. a recruited cultist would investigate as a cultist because it would suck otherwise

it would be less important for mason but still, why not? particularly if you're going to specifically make a setup with rolecop + mason recruiter because it's an interesting interaction. that's not really determinative of anything because if you or somber is lying then it's no longer a setup with rolecop + mason recruiter and it doesn't matter how those interact.

Maybe stop assuming

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

the holy poopacy posted:

you want to vote plastic, and i don't think voting plastic makes sense unless you presume that maer is also scum.

I do want to vote plastic. I’m trying to determine how much weight to put into maers protection claim, which is why I haven’t voted plastic.

But there are plenty of hypotheticals we can get into as to why there was no kill, so a claimed doc protect isnt set in stone. Its weight,, I’m not sure how much weight, that’s what I’m thinking about.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

t a s t e posted:

Being of a sound
Mind
I
Never would vote against a scummier choice
Unless, I
Suppose, I wanted to lose

Taste maybe you're scum after all and I do enjoy playing with you, but if you've been vanilla this whole game and just playing like this for the hell of it, I will.... try to think of a suitable punishment.

You're gonna have to give me something to convince me that somber and binus are scum. Binus I have waffled on but when I start thinking he's scum he posts something that moves him back into the town category - he's like sand for me and just hard to read but I will look at him again.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

Taste maybe you're scum after all and I do enjoy playing with you, but if you've been vanilla this whole game and just playing like this for the hell of it, I will.... try to think of a suitable punishment.

You're gonna have to give me something to convince me that somber and binus are scum. Binus I have waffled on but when I start thinking he's scum he posts something that moves him back into the town category - he's like sand for me and just hard to read but I will look at him again.

When reviewing somber's contributions,
There's really one cogent conclusion
His goal seems to be
"Lynch another, not me"
Scum hunting is pushed to exclusion

This advice now, I'll give you for free,
When a poster picks spots, then will flee
No content provided
It should be decided
His living a minus will be

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Remember when I tried to steer the vote off referee? That was cool.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Remember when I tried to steer the vote off referee? That was cool.

A tragic failure
These hands, straining uselessly
We weep for his loss

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somber, I request now quite plainly
Should my efforts to lynch you end vainly,
I'll defer to the B
So now, may I see
Your read on him posting innanely?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

There once was a wolf in the sand
In his paws, grit and grain from the land
Still he pushed, pride still strong
So when his reads are wrong
Is it scummy, or just Jersey brand?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Can I get a voodoo limerick?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In the bayou the bugs roam around
As I wandered I heard a strange sound
A fly then accused me
I thought illogically
So my bias yields unsteady ground

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

A fly then accused me
I thought illogically

Something Awful Posting Champion right here

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

t a s t e posted:

A fly then accused me
I thought illogically

This is how you get me to vote somber

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

A raging river
Lost in the torrent of posts
I begin to sink

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Idle Amalgam posted:

No one feels somber, reach down into those inky wells you call hearts.

##vote hal

I'll eat a roasted marshmallow if that man isn't scum.

I find it interesting that you've been calling for hals head for awhile yet when the opportunity was there you voted Plastic and disappeared.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

t a s t e posted:

A raging river
Lost in the torrent of posts
I begin to sink

Bored because the circus is closed?

Do you still feel IA is town?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

When it comes to the case of IA
I’m afraid that I really can’t say
I can’t hold a read
Though I’d argue no need
Town or Gangsta, lynch elsewhere today

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Maerlyn posted:

I find it interesting that you've been calling for hals head for awhile yet when the opportunity was there you voted Plastic and disappeared.

In the woods. Also yeah, I voted plastic after a convenient claim that looked scummy. Hal's convenient, scummier claim came after. Check your timeline of events.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

t a s t e posted:

When it comes to the case of IA
I’m afraid that I really can’t say
I can’t hold a read
Though I’d argue no need
Town or Gangsta, lynch elsewhere today

:hmmyes:

Taste is a poet, and now we all know it.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Also, I'm the only person voting hal right now lol. Did you confuse me with someone else? If you're talking about yesterday, yeah... check your timeline.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Maerlyn posted:

Also the head I've been calling for for days was somber. No one listens to IA, wise mafia sage, super detective.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm on vacation and wiped out from river times. Excited to come back later and play mafia with my friends here.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

Taste still enforcing a PR and only pushing Somber still is very bad.

Maerlyn, poop, and PA voting in a block is so bad. Poop and Maer tryna somehow turn mason recruiter into a scum role unnerves me. Mason recruiter is an alignment neutral role, but the fact that they are tryin to make my role scummy rather than my play is pinging me hard.

I didn't address this earlier but I don't have a reason to doubt your claim, I thought you were scummy earlier pre-reveal and I'm more suspicious of voodoo and Hal then you. Or it's all a lie and all three of you are scum which I can't imagine you'd (the three of you) would attempt to pull off.

You said something about recruiting Hal to interrogate him, what did you mean? Unless it's not mafia related.

The focus on just somber by some does bother me, I think there could be scum lightly pushing and then a redirect like what happened with merk, or it's some stunt being pulled by voodoo and somber, both being scum.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Here's where I'm at:

I have to assume scum attempted to NK Plastic and I blocked it (I did get an "action successful" result) so I have to believe plastic is town. I can't really imagine scum not attempting a shot at this stage.

All roads in my brain lead to voodoo, and I'd rather lose voting who I honestly thought was scum rather than being convinced into voting for town and losing anyway.

When I read voodoo's posts, I don't see someone honestly trying to figure out people's alignments so much as talk others into voting with him (I understand that's part of mafia but he seems careful to avoid actually making a call on that person to point back to later/trying to prevent himself from being implicated).

He successfully voted out steak/saved poop?
D2 Merk was onto him and Gacha was as well (go back and read their cases)
D3 a swift call that "taste is scum and we can't take him to LYLO" and by the end of the day maybe he's actually not scum?

I think if you actually go back and look at voodoo's posts you're not going to see actual scum hunting, he's just been leading town around and exerting control over the votes while dodging suspicion. I feel like I'm starting to make headway on his scumbuddies but I'll save that for tomorrow when I'm back on a PC.

##vote voodoo

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Voodoofly (1): Maerlyn
Hal Insandenza (1): Idle Amalgam

Not Voting (8): b-minus1, Hal Insandenza, PlasticAutomaton, Sandwolf, Somberbrero, t a s t e, the holy poopacy, Voodoofly

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 23rd, 2021 at 8:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 13 hours.

Are you loving it?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m loving it!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Idle Amalgam posted:

Also the head I've been calling for for days was somber. No one listens to IA, wise mafia sage, super detective.

It’s hard when you are being all wrong about me

I’m not gonna vote maer or plastic today, they are not 100% cleared but they are now much lower on the suspicion list

I haven’t been able to talk to Sandwolf much yet but I’m interested in getting more from him and about what’s been going down with voodoo

I think IA is atop my list, somber/voodoo/Sandwolf are all people I want to look harder at.

If somber and plastic both end up being town then scum haven’t even had any heat whatsoever this game

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

I’m not gonna vote maer or plastic today, they are not 100% cleared but they are now much lower on the suspicion list

I haven’t been able to talk to Sandwolf much yet but I’m interested in getting more from him and about what’s been going down with voodoo

I think IA is atop my list, somber/voodoo/Sandwolf are all people I want to look harder at.

If somber and plastic both end up being town then scum haven’t even had any heat whatsoever this game

If you are town you know sand didn’t do a kill last night so why would he be someone you are looking at on what may be LYLO?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

If poop is scum he had heat day 1. And day 2 until merk backed off.

And you, although I know you don’t consider yourself scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Wow, this is really hard. Maerlyn makes a compelling case, but voodoo is also completely right about sand.

What about taste?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
10 alive, 6 to hammer. Hal and voodoo have one vote. Hal claims to be lunchproof. Isn’t the safest option to lunch hal and see what happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

10 alive, 6 to hammer. Hal and voodoo have one vote. Hal claims to be lunchproof. Isn’t the safest option to lunch hal and see what happens

Definitely the safest but then what, another day with another flip/non-flip that doesn't really help for tomorrow. The only difference between today and tomorrow will be that there is one less town to mis-lunch, unless you are really convinced I am scum and want to just hit me two days in a row you should probably try and get some actual info from this day.