Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CM PUNK
This poll is closed.
CM PUNK 47 25.68%
CM PUNK 41 22.40%
CM PUNK 71 38.80%
CM PUNK 24 13.11%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

TNT about to give Rampage a second hour, and Taz a celebrity karaoke competition to lead in Go Big Show season 2

I vote for Taz's karaoke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Kvantum posted:

Alex Abrahantes being enough of a Transformers fan to be ordering the new ones from the Netflix series surprised me.
Dang Alex owns

There's an interview where Malakai talks about how much he loves G1 Transformers too

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Such a proud papa.

https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1429551211808702465

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

What a bunch of nerds! Unlike me,

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
hook just went to confirm that he can destroy every one of these dorks when the time comes

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Lanky_Nibz posted:

Nice going. My wife has slowly been sucked in to AEW (notably Jungle Boy, OC, and Darby) and the pop made her furiously Google CM Punk to figure out the fuss. It's truly an engaging promotion

"But how will casual fans follow the product?"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Nick Jr. Face posted:

So this means that those of us who voted "Yes" are getting new avatars :getin:

when's the cutoff time for changing your vote

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1429553075795210242?s=09

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1429205171033165829?s=20

The Pencil is here

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

You fuckin' tell 'em, buddy.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

BBT's feeling feisty.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

tony "medici" khan

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

I'm pretty sure the perfect formula is lockup, 2 mins of back and forth, dive to the outside before commercial break and 5 mins of heel heat (or 10 mins of heel heat if its PPV with no commercial), comeback, 2 false finishes, real finish. Or a DQ after the 2 mins back and forth part.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Oh Captain, my Captain.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

I'm pretty sure the perfect formula is lockup, 2 mins of back and forth, dive to the outside before commercial break and 5 mins of heel heat (or 10 mins of heel heat if its PPV with no commercial), comeback, 2 false finishes, real finish. Or a DQ after the 2 mins back and forth part.

Don't forget to have the hometown star lose for HEATTTTTTTTTTTTTT

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Spoken like someone who hasn't found their own Gary Strydom.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Excited to see Tony go mad with power after rising from the ranks of message board poster to become the beloved God of wrestling nerds

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Don't forget to have the hometown star lose for HEATTTTTTTTTTTTTT

"People from all over the world watch, its not fair to them to show the hometown person favortism"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hell yeah Tony

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

xbilkis posted:

Excited to see Tony go mad with power after rising from the ranks of message board poster to become the beloved God of wrestling nerds

a small tear will roll down my cheek the day we destroy him

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
twist that knife Tony. gently caress him up

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Lol compare this number with the number of lily dolls sold

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
im permabanned poster jobberstomper58. i first started reading wh2k when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "wrestling" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "buttz krew" and "bazooka kaboom" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "strong" style of wh2k humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" wh2k to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Renaissance Spam posted:

I love the Blondes. Griff is a joy to watch on Sammy's vlog, Brian is improving every show and his new gear looks great and Julia is so infectiously happy that every time they show up my day gets a little brighter. They have so much upside that if Private Party had won on Friday I'd give them a chance to win on Wednesday.

But there's no way they can work heel and nobody is working babyface against Jungle Express.

griff does some really funny mean character work on Sammy's vlog and pillman mostly worked heel on the indies. they could absolutely pull off some heel jock bully stuff. I was gonna say maybe without Julia but idk I just thought about her doing cheerleader stuff while they beat up faces and laughed so idk it could def work

but yea they're not gonna beat the lucha bros

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

smarxist posted:

isn't roku android? can probably just download the BR Live app or Fite, but you'll have to pay full price

oh no I'll have to pay full price for this kick rear end product, what a disgrace.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

CM Punk might meet Lulu Pencil. What a world we live in

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

a cyborg mug posted:

Punks not gonna be around for the Dark tapings

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

a cyborg mug posted:

ChocoPro Made Pencil

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jonny Nox posted:

Punks not gonna be around for the Dark tapings

hes gonna commentate them

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Renaissance Spam posted:

Wednesday is going to be a make or break show for AEW because a LOT of new folks are going to show up out of curiosity. With only 3 matches they've made some interesting choices.

Brock vs. Malakai is cool because it's going to affect different audiences but achieve the same result. I have no idea what Brock is like backstage, but there's a lot of folks that are going to point at him as a nepotism hire who only has work because of his dad (*cough Dominik cough*) and seeing him get his head kicked in will make them love Malakai. There will be folks who loved Arn back in the day who will see the Enforcer watch his son die in the ring and they will want Malakai's blood.

Red Velvet and Jaime Hayter will showcase 2 incredibly talented women plus the champ, give the audience a chance to see how AEW books its women and hopefully provide a counter argument to the criticisms of AEW's female booking (They don't get enough screentime but the talent is protected and treated seriously).

And then oh look we have Orange Cassidy, the guy you use to get someone interested in AEW going up against Matt Hardy, feeding an already existing feud but allowing for a great showcase of both guys.

And we know we're going to get the Lucha Bros against the Varsity Blondes, which will mostly be so folks can stare at Skeleton Joker Man and the Flippy guy and want more.

I'm always excited for Wednesday, but I might be even more excited for Thursday to hear what folks think.

I'm going to be in the crowd with my son, so maybe I'll be able to give an insider perspective on Thursday.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not the biggest Pencil fan but just from what i know of her work i bet Punk would love it

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

shiksa posted:

griff does some really funny mean character work on Sammy's vlog and pillman mostly worked heel on the indies. they could absolutely pull off some heel jock bully stuff. I was gonna say maybe without Julia but idk I just thought about her doing cheerleader stuff while they beat up faces and laughed so idk it could def work

Ah jeez now you say that I'm thinking about that shiny happy moment from Dark when JE and the Blondes all did that fun group pose and my mind is going to the Blondes turning heel on JE in the tournament final, setting up their first feud post All Out.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

shiksa posted:

The Varsity Blondes kick out Julia, replace her with Dani Jordan

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I did love him doing colour when his knee was hurt

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Davros1 posted:

The Varsity Blondes kick out Julia, replace her with Dani Jordan

This would own

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Get him on Elevation and reunite the Joe vs. Necrobutcher commentary team

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

fez_machine posted:

reunite the Joe vs. Necrobutcher commentary team

What's Prazak up to

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What's Prazak up to

Working for MLW as a booker

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Renaissance Spam posted:

Working for MLW as a booker

....well, gently caress, MLW is rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

....well, gently caress, MLW is rear end.

Double checked he was just brought in, specifically to spearhead the women's division.