Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

the gently caress is this

it’s fame douglas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
anyways oregon went from my #1 to #50 candidate over the past year for which state to move to. good job

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

They didn’ respond because PPB is on their side, everyone knows this.

Who let the negative attention sponge dipshit with multiple parachute accounts back in here anyway

Shoo, little moral midget :sweep:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 29, 2021

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fortaleza posted:

They didn’ respond because PPB is on their side, everyone knows this.

Who let the negative attention sponge dipshit with multiple parachute accounts back in here anyway

Shoo, little moral midget :sweep:

Or maybe don't cut police funding and then whine about the response not being quick enough. Sorry you can't handle any dissent to your opinions on a discussion forum.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

the funding isn't the problem, the problem is that the police are in league with dudes who shoot at anti-fascist protestors and have been for years

they're not going to respond quickly because they're hoping that the dude's going to waste a few lefties before they have to go pick him up and drop him off at home with a free case of bud light

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Pathetic

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lol yeah i'm sure the police really wanted to stop the chud army larper but were just so swamped chasing down other rapists and murderers that they simply couldn't spare one car

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
they had like six cops to arrest that one dude in the video

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

fyi people have been pointing out personal and business relationships between pnw racists and the portland police for like a decade

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

qirex posted:

fyi people have been pointing out personal and business relationships between pnw racists and the portland police for like a decade

you mean their coworkers?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
wasn't it illegal for black ppl to move to oregon until the 1920s

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

No those laws were invalidated by the amendments after the civil war, they just weren’t taken off the books until the 20s

They were very real though, yeah.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Surprising nobody, the shooter was a right wing racist

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1429626144077225989

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I believe you mean “the shooter’s motives are unclear”

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

qirex posted:

I believe you mean “the alleged shooter’s motives are unclear”

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Fame Douglas posted:

Why didn't the police we cut funding to respond quickly enough??

A quick googling reveals that the city of portland cut the police's budget from ~231.5 million dollars to ~228.8 million dollars which came from a reduction in overtime hours and did not include layoffs (other large bureaus also had their budgets cut due to a covid related budget shortfall)

so yeah I'm sure that's why they didn't rush to respond, not because most of them, at best, quietly agree with the proud boys

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
i got a hunch that this fame douglas character might not be posting in good faith, and might even be "trolling"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

remember when the guy with a literal trump van was mailing non working pipe bombs to democrats and the media was like “nobody knows why he was doing this it is a total mystery”

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Stringent posted:

i got a hunch that this fame douglas character might not be posting in good faith, and might even be "trolling"

hilarious right wing jokes and memes are a big recruiting tool so that poo poo can get right out of YOSPOS

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

fame douglas’ gimmick is being wrong all the time about everything

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
weird the state full of insane racists is doing insane racist poo poo again

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

kitten emergency posted:

they're from out of state :negative:

and the cops don't live in the city

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I’m sure it’s a coincidence that vancouver washington is where tons of the cops live and where a bunch of the proud boys are from too

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
i love the washington plate driver going right past the active shooter and just laying on the horn

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

Surprising nobody, the shooter was a right wing racist

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1429626144077225989

most of these demonstrations in Portland especially these days just seem like varying layers of government ops, fbi stings, entrapment, etc

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

qirex posted:

I’m sure it’s a coincidence that vancouver washington is where tons of the cops live and where a bunch of the proud boys are from too

that's where everyone who wants no income tax and no sales tax lives. Mecca for a certain sort

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Ansible Adams posted:

that's where everyone who wants no income tax and no sales tax lives. Mecca for a certain sort

muslims?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

bingo

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

they're from out of state :negative:

and the cops don't live in the city

"All these insane racists aren't our fault, they're from another state! (Please ignore that they're from the city on the other side of the river and that is part of our metropolitan area.)"

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Correct. They are not Portland and don’t represent my city, and in fact hate it

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Fortaleza posted:

Correct. They are not Portland and don’t represent my city, and in fact hate it

tbf there are plenty of reasons to hate Portland even if you aren’t a chud

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

there are places in Portland that will sell you beer that’s old enough to drink for a premium

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

akadajet posted:

there are places in Portland that will sell you beer that’s old enough to drink for a premium

hell im not even old enough to drink for a premium!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I miss tugboat brewery, that place was awesome

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

fart simpson posted:

fame douglas’ gimmick is being wrong all the time about everything

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

qirex posted:

I miss tugboat brewery, that place was awesome

same, also santeria, also bailey's. everything on that alley has closed or turned over :( mary's is moving too due to the block being redeveloped.

https://www.oregonlive.com/entertainment/2021/08/portlands-iconic-marys-strip-club-is-moving.html

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

kitten emergency posted:

you know what, you're right, oregon's the most racist state. it's terrible. nobody should move here. tell all your friends

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
WA too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ADINSX posted:

A quick googling reveals that the city of portland cut the police's budget from ~231.5 million dollars to ~228.8 million dollars which came from a reduction in overtime hours and did not include layoffs (other large bureaus also had their budgets cut due to a covid related budget shortfall)

so yeah I'm sure that's why they didn't rush to respond, not because most of them, at best, quietly agree with the proud boys

All that shows is that the department was previously underfunded, and did get its funding cut even further. On top of that, anything that isn't a yearly increase is already a funding cut thanks to inflation. You're getting the quality of police you're paying for.