Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CM PUNK
This poll is closed.
CM PUNK 47 25.68%
CM PUNK 41 22.40%
CM PUNK 71 38.80%
CM PUNK 24 13.11%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Gavok posted:

Question: should I make a "So You'd Like to Get Into AEW" megathread? A multi-post FAQ thing with wrestler profiles, lists of matches to check out, etc?

Please do. I was thinking about this earlier today and how an intro thread would benefit all the new fans who have checked out recent shows. Plus you’re a really good writer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sign Adam Cole but have him be a proxy for HHH and have him lose to Cody and Sting to prove that AEW won the war and AEW > NXT

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Wrestling is so good. We live in hellworld but still good wrestling brings us together

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
If they have Adam Cole and can surprise "X-Pac/dX" him onto the show on Wednesday, you gotta do it and ride more of that CM Punk buzz. Make the casuals tuning in for the first time go "wait, isn't he WWE?" and make it look like the place where all of the stars want to be.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

xbilkis posted:

The cold open is going to be them doing a seance and conjuring Sour Boy. The Bucks go "this sucks"; Adam Cole is never mentioned again in any content associated with AEW

thats not my pwobwem

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the aew beginners primer is a cool idea especially since they're only a couple of years old so it's not like there's a ton to really dive into. i think the need to understand the hangman story is a bit overblown in general, not just on this forum, but heck it's a fun one to learn about. light the fuse. bring the boom.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I do agree that if Cole is coming to AEW he should show up on Dynamite this Wednesday. It will look like a real coup.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I want a segment with Punk running scared being chased down all the people who make vlogs.

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 23, 2021

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

yea ok posted:

the aew beginners primer is a cool idea especially since they're only a couple of years old so it's not like there's a ton to really dive into. i think the need to understand the hangman story is a bit overblown in general, not just on this forum, but heck it's a fun one to learn about. light the fuse. bring the boom.

I think the Stardust story needs to be pinned at least. That's insane.

There's really no downside to a primer, I want to see all I can.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
EXCAL: What's Adam Coup doing in the Traitor Zone?!
TAZ: If this guy is 6 foot tall I'm Paul Wight's uncle!

jimtech
Nov 25, 2005
Hail to the king baby...

STONE COLD 64 posted:

HELLO EVERYONE, WE HAVE A SPECIAL CM PUNK THEMED PROP BET! This one is not only for a CM Punk themed 24 hour probation for the losers, but a special edition FREE avatar for the winners! To make the wager, quote this post.

Does AEW Rampage beat AEW Dynamite in the rating? We will be using the Monday figure to score this.

Yes/No answers only. If it does exactly identical, then everyone who bet gets the free avatar. Both the avatar and the probation are CM Punk themed.

Yes

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Le Saboteur posted:

I do agree that if Cole is coming to AEW he should show up on Dynamite this Wednesday. It will look like a real coup.
Other option is running in to save Kenny after other factors take out the rest of the Elite at All Out

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

yea ok posted:

OK, so there's a guy who's a cowboy, and he kicks rear end but he's also got self confidence issues, and he used to be friends with some people but now they're enemies. But to really understand this level of storytelling, we're going to need to go back a bit, and stretch that sentence out over 170 tweets. THREAD:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Spiderdrake posted:

Other option is running in to save Kenny after other factors take out the rest of the Elite at All Out

only if he's in an even more geek outfit than Brandon (I'm not sure how, i think swimming flippers would have to be involved)

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I figure the posts will cover:

- Basic stuff.
- Profiles for the more important singles wrestlers (men and women), usually about two paragraphs each.
- Profiles for tag teams and factions.
- Matches to check out.
- A list talking up how WWE did much of the roster wrong. Because that poo poo's just fun to talk about.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Gavok posted:

- Basic stuff.
- Profiles for the more important singles wrestlers (men and women), usually about two paragraphs each.
- Matches to check out.
- A list talking up how WWE did much of the roster wrong. Because that poo poo's just fun to talk about.

definitely link to the tranquilo club youtube channel, that dude is going great real time documentary and hype work

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I was going to say it'd be kind of weird bringing Cole straight into The Elite when they've already got a giant squad of goons and their story is presumably nearing its end, but that made me realize that Cole should kick Kenny out of The Elite after he drops the title and become the new leader. Let the Bucks stay on as shithead heels while Kenny can move onto a new story and cut the cheating out of his matches

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

due to a clerical error, AEW has signed Michael Cole to a long-term contract as a main event wrestler

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Adam Cole can literally just show up on Wednesday.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Jerusalem posted:

Stu's Iron Sheik story on Page's Toy Vlog :vince:

I didn't watch it but is it the Sheiky Baby wouldn't get out of the car story where he yelled at everyone including an angry midget for an hour?

Yeah....

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There are a lot of cool stories and great matches to highlight. Like one of my (and I think some others’) favorite feuds in AEW happened entirely off of television and actually had some good wrestling.

There are the longer ongoing stories that are still happening that I think someone new might want to get up to speed on, but there’s also lots of stuff to go back to especially if you have fite or another service that archives the episodes. Like the Riho / Nyla story absolutely slapped and that series of matches (both the matches & the tags they had) showed what the AEW women’s division can do when it’s hitting. Darby’s rise to TNT champion over the course of a year and a half and his trilogy with Cody. Etc.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

kidcoelacanth posted:

due to a clerical error, AEW has signed Michael Cole to a long-term contract as a main event wrestler

dear god no. no.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Lex Luger this bitch Cole

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

xbilkis posted:

OK, so there's a guy who's a cowboy, and he kicks rear end but he's also got self confidence issues, and he used to be friends with some people but now they're enemies. But to really understand this level of storytelling, we're going to need to go back a bit, and stretch that sentence out over 170 tweets. THREAD:

It's funny to think the first time I saw Adam Page was in Toronto when he was the abused young boy for BJ Whitmer and Jimmy Jacobs.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I want Adam Cole to lay out CM Punk.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

xbilkis posted:

I was going to say it'd be kind of weird bringing Cole straight into The Elite when they've already got a giant squad of goons and their story is presumably nearing its end, but that made me realize that Cole should kick Kenny out of The Elite after he drops the title and become the new leader. Let the Bucks stay on as shithead heels while Kenny can move onto a new story and cut the cheating out of his matches

Frankie Kazarian has needed a singles guy in the Elite to feud with that’s not a stooge.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Barreft posted:

Lex Luger this bitch Cole

Dammit I was just catching up on this thread and reading about Cole showing up immediately on Wednesday had me wanting to post they should do it exactly how Luger was debuted. Including the collarless white dress shirt.

But doesn't Cole stream on Wednesday nights?? :ohdear:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Frankie Kazarian has needed a singles guy in the Elite to feud with that’s not a stooge.

i mean, Kenny is right there...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

Oh my!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

stab posted:

I didn't watch it but is it the Sheiky Baby wouldn't get out of the car story where he yelled at everyone including an angry midget for an hour?

Yeah....

Yup!

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Adam Page, Adam Cole, Ethan Page, Brian Cage, and Christian Cage in a fatal-fiveway.

Winner of the first pinfall earns the first name "Adam."

Winner of the second pinfall earns the last name "Page."

Winner of the third pinfall earns the last name "Cage."

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
honestly i think if you're slotting cole directly into a storyline it should be *as* someone to help frankie take down the elite

especially if you get him to say something like 'they left me for dead' on dynamite

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Could it be? It is! It's me time!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

smarxist posted:

Kenny going from Christian to Kaz is a step dien from a weak challenger to a weeeeeeeeK challenger. You need your top title in the hottest angle and to be the main event.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

smarxist posted:

Kaz is good, but has no business in a world title program.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I think you're gonna have a tough time debuting anyone who jumps ship right now as a heel.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lid posted:

Kenny going from Christian to Kaz is a step dien from a weak challenger to a weeeeeeeeK challenger. You need your top title in the hottest angle and to be the main event.

i mean, yeah but i still want to see them wrestle :colbert:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gavok posted:

- Basic stuff.
- Matches to check out.

sounds sick & i trust you'll do a great job

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Hefty Leftist posted:

i'm still waiting for El Generico to come back

He's happy at the orphanage.

I have no doubt Sami won't re-sign but I don't want him feeling obligated to keep wrestling. He's doing real good in the world and if that's his passion I want him able to fully commit. If he decides that AEW is a method to keep doing good stuff I'll be elated but unless Steen signs with AEW and I get a true blow off to their feud I'm fine with him retiring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

stab posted:

Yeah....

Stu didn't mention the angry little person but he did talk about how Sheik had the promoter's money and wouldn't get out of the car (Ethan was like,"I was at that show! :aaa:") and Stu tells an amazing bit about forcing the promoter to hand over whatever money was in his pockets which he used to at least pay his buddy who drove him there. The instigating element for this story was that there was an Iron Sheik toy for $275 and Stu wasn't gonna pay it while the real Sheik still owed him $350 :allears: