Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal was joking in masonry, we're talking about real stuff now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Hal was joking in masonry, we're talking about real stuff now

if you're dishing masonry stuff, what magic words is voodoo typing that makes you so sure that he's town

because it's very weird to me how sure you two are that the other must be town, to the point that voodoo is posting insane poo poo like

Voodoofly posted:

If you are town you know sand didn’t do a kill last night so why would he be someone you are looking at on what may be LYLO?

I don't want to believe you're scum but there don't seem to be many plausible scenarios to me where both you and voodoo are town

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

the holy poopacy posted:

if you're dishing masonry stuff, what magic words is voodoo typing that makes you so sure that he's town

because it's very weird to me how sure you two are that the other must be town, to the point that voodoo is posting insane poo poo like

I don't want to believe you're scum but there don't seem to be many plausible scenarios to me where both you and voodoo are town

I asked the same thing and Sand said that lately they haven't talked much about the game but early on voodoo seemed pretty interested in scumhunting

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I don't like that voodoo post you just referenced poop, voodoo making it seem super suspicious that I would still look at sandwolf as possible scum just because I knew he didn't do a kill last night. If I said I wanted to vote sandwolf today that would be one thing, but this is just bad shade.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Voodoo has been at 2 votes for a few hours now. This pretty much confirms that he’s scum or scum are voting him

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
voodoo seemed to do some decent scumhunting early on, sure, but he's been pushing maerlyn & PA all game, despite never actually outlining any argument for why we should think maerlyn is scum.

defended sandwolf even before the mason recruitment and has doubled down on the most senseless logic for it (and I say this as someone who thinks sand is most likely town)

sparred quite a bit with g4g on the one day g4g was alive

keeps referring to today as LYLO, which seems mathematically implausible, although I want to say other people have been doing this

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

b-minus1 posted:

Voodoo has been at 2 votes for a few hours now. This pretty much confirms that he’s scum or scum are voting him

somber has not been around since plastic's vote went on voodoo, so it's not a 100% sure thing

seems likely to me though

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

We are in LYLO, if we lunch a townie we lose.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I guess i'm just pedantic about the distinction between MYLO/LYLO :shrug:

fwiw I do think forcing scum to narrow the field by doing a no-lunch (or testing Hal) would be useful, although I feel strongly enough about voodoo that I'd vote there today

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

b-minus1 posted:

This went over my head but I understand now, if 4 scum swooped in and hammered that would be game over, the fact that they haven't means voodoo is scum, they aren't all around to do it or plastic is scum (I also don't believe this to be true).

the holy poopacy posted:

I guess i'm just pedantic about the distinction between MYLO/LYLO :shrug:

fwiw I do think forcing scum to narrow the field by doing a no-lunch (or testing Hal) would be useful, although I feel strongly enough about voodoo that I'd vote there today

I was thinking about this as well but that's assuming Hal didn't lie about being LP, and if it goes to night we'll lose another town so we'll be at 5/4 tomorrow.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Maerlyn posted:

I was thinking about this as well but that's assuming Hal didn't lie about being LP, and if it goes to night we'll lose another town so we'll be at 5/4 tomorrow.

I mean if he lied about it, he's loving scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Yeah it only makes sense to vote hal or voodoo st this poin

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

t a s t e posted:

When looking at ref’s sad disaster
It’s plain to see who was a master
Lurky lynch was forced through
So what do we do
Now that Hal’s vote is getting pushed faster?

If you're looking back through the ref lunch, it should be clear I tried to push us in a different direction. I know you can be as stubborn as any of us, but i don't understand why you still think I'm scum.

##vote hal

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

If you're looking back through the ref lunch, it should be clear I tried to push us in a different direction. I know you can be as stubborn as any of us, but i don't understand why you still think I'm scum.

##vote hal

That poem’s not for you
The secondary scum, B
Also should be killed

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

That poem’s not for you
The secondary scum, B
Also should be killed

Wait a second

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

Wait a second

Are you just now realizing he also thinks binus is scum?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

t a s t e posted:

That poem’s not for you
The secondary scum, B
Also should be killed

If we're scum together, why were we working towards opposite ends?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

If we're scum together, why were we working towards opposite ends?

Trio in Apex
He pushes left, we push right
FLANKING IS THROWING

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Voodoofly (2): Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton
Hal Insandenza (2): Idle Amalgam, Somberbrero
the holy poopacy (1): Sandwolf
Somberbrero (1): t a s t e

Not Voting (4): b-minus1, Hal Insandenza, the holy poopacy, Voodoofly

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 23rd, 2021 at 8:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 22 hours, 41 minutes.

Are you loving it?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Somberbrero posted:

Are scum maybe just all vanilla

Oh yeah I knew someone said this last night. It's just conjecture without a flip but food for thought.

If that were the case and we took Hal and Sand at their word they aren't scum.

t a s t e posted:

Trio in Apex
He pushes left, we push right
FLANKING IS THROWING

Now you're speaking my language...have I mentioned I'm also bad at Apex?

The Hal votes feel like the lazy way out today. I think binus is right...if Voodoo were town wouldn't scum already have hammered him by now? They could have won hours ago.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Yes, the possibilities are voodoo is scum or you and plastic are scum together. It’s sorta why I think voting hal is the safer option today.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

It’s PA or maer. Pretty sure Poop is scum too because he has basically called for my head all day but is sitting back waiting for them to get enough votes on me to hammer.

It’s the same thing that happened yesterday to swerve from PA to ref.

You can even see it in their arguments like saying I was defending sand before he recruited me. I didn’t defend sand day 1 and really didn’t defend him say 2 either.

Or saying I was afraid to call someone scum when I was voting them.

I’ve had a sick kid all day and won’t really be at a computer until later but just look at the arguments all three of them have made on me and actually check them against my posts.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Voodoofly posted:

It’s PA or maer. Pretty sure Poop is scum too because he has basically called for my head all day but is sitting back waiting for them to get enough votes on me to hammer.

let's test this hypothesis

##vote voodoofly

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
##vote voodoo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

the holy poopacy posted:

##vote voodoofly

let's!

##vote Voodoo

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

the holy poopacy posted:

##vote voodoofly

Ok I think you’re right. It’s either voodoo or plastic/Maerlyn running a mega gambit. I can’t do another day of this. Lets just find out now and hope we are right ##vote voodoofly

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Votecount for Day 4

Voodoofly (6): Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton, the holy poopacy, Idle Amalgam, Sandwolf, b-minus1
Somberbrero (1): t a s t e
Hal Insandenza (1): Idle Amalgam, Somberbrero, Idle Amalgam
the holy poopacy (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf

Not Voting (2): Hal Insandenza, Voodoofly

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 23rd, 2021 at 8:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 21 hours, 24 minutes.

Are you loving it?

:redhammer:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Voodoofly was executed.

quote:

You are Arby's Mitt! Your role is that of Vanilla. You have no extraordinary abilities, except for your ability to vote.

You are TOWN-Aligned. You win the game when all threats to Town have been eradicated!

It's night time

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Somberbrero was killed!

quote:

You are Mayor McCheese. You have a MODULAR [1x Rolecop/2x Tracker] role. You must choose your Modular Role before the end of Night 1. If you fail to choose, you will simply become Vanilla, and we all know that's no fun! Whichever one you choose, the other option will disappear forever and will not be revealed in the event that you're killed.

You are TOWN-Aligned. You win the game when all threats to Town have been eradicated!
Rolecop Abilities: You may target another player and learn their role.
Tracker Abilities: You may target another player and you will see who they visit that night.

Hal Incandenza, Holy Poopacy, Maerlyn, and taste have been endgamed!

quote:

Hal Incadnenza, you're The Colonel! You have a MODULAR [1x Lunchproof/1x Bulletproof] role. You must choose your Modular Role before the end of Night 1. If you fail to choose, you will simply become Vanilla, and we all know that's no fun! Whichever one you choose, the other option will disappear forever and will not be revealed in the event that you're killed.

Lunchproof Abilities: You will not die if you're the person lunched.
Bulletproof Abilities: You will not die if you're the target of the night kill. You will be alerted if you are attacked.

quote:

Maerlyn, you're Wendy! You have a MODULAR [1x Armed Bodyguard/3x Doctor] role. You must choose your Modular Role before the end of Night 1. If you fail to choose, you will simply become Vanilla, and we all know that's no fun! Whichever one you choose, the other option will disappear forever and will not be revealed in the event that you're killed.

Armed Bodyguard Abilities: You may protect another player during the night. If they are the target of the night kill, they will live, but it will be a 50/50 chance if YOU or the player performing the Night Kill will be killed instead.
Doctor Abilities: You may protect another player during the night. If they are the target of the night kill, they will survive.

quote:

Taste, You are Gidget, the Chihuahuan mascot to Taco Bell! Your role is that of Vanilla. You have no extraordinary abilities, except for your ability to vote.

quote:

The holy poopacy, You're The Hamburglar. Your role is that of Vanilla. You have no extraordinary abilities, except for your ability to vote.

Scum wins!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

quote:

Sandwolf, You're The Burger King! You have a MODULAR [2x Jailer/2x Mason] role. You must choose your Modular Role before the end of Night 1. If you fail to choose, you will simply become Vanilla, and we all know that's no fun! Whichever one you choose, the other option will disappear forever and will not be revealed in the event that you're killed.

You are SCUM-ALIGNED. You win when Scum either controls the vote or outnumbers all remaining other alignments.
Jailer Abilities: You may Jail a player at night. Any actions they would have performed will fail, and any actions targeting them will also fail.
Mason Abilities: Once per night you may perform a permanent Masonry with any other living player in the game. This will be an unconfirmed Masonry.

quote:

Idle Amalgam, You're Wheels! You have a MODULAR [1x Janitor/1x Shutdown] role. You must choose your Modular Role before the end of Night 1. If you fail to choose, you will simply become Vanilla, and we all know that's no fun! Whichever one you choose, the other option will disappear forever and will not be revealed in the event that you're killed.

You are SCUM-ALIGNED. You win when Scum either controls the vote or outnumbers all remaining other alignments.
Janitor Ability: When performing the night kill, you can dispose of the body in such a way that the flip will not reveal their alignment or their role, making it harder for Town to put information together in the game.
Shutdown Ability: During the day phase, You can post ##SHUTDOWN to immediately end the day then and there. No vote will be tallied and nobody will be eliminated.

quote:

Plastic Automoton, You're The Noid! You have a MODULAR [1x Busdriver/1xRolecop] role. You must choose your Modular Role before the end of Night 1. If you fail to choose, you will simply become Vanilla, and we all know that's no fun! Whichever one you choose, the other option will disappear forever and will not be revealed in the event that you're killed.

Busdriver Ability: Once during the nightphase, you can switch two different players as targets in the game. So if an action would target Player A, it will now hit target Player B instead now, and likewise anything targeting Player B will now hit Player A.
Rolecop Ability: During the night phase, you can use this to learn a player's role.

quote:

bminus1, You're the Grimace. You have a MODULAR [2x Ninja/1x Juggernaut] role. You must choose your Modular Role before the end of Night 1. If you fail to choose, you will simply become Vanilla, and we all know that's no fun! Whichever one you choose, the other option will disappear forever and will not be revealed in the event that you're killed.
Ninja Ability: When you perform the Night Kill, you will not be seen doing it.
Juggernaut Ability: When you perform the Night Kill, nothing can stop you.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

oooo I’m a little stinker

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Good game scum, you deserved the win.

I definitely got deep in my head here, this game made me extremely anxious and I came to dread opening the thread. Town really tore itself apart.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lmao we forgot to submit a night kill

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
nice, gj scum

what actually happened N3? we never saw a janitor so I'm assuming IA chose shutdown, it seems like scum could have had won right there by making a kill and immediately shutting down D4 at LYLO. did you not want to chance hitting Maerlyn's armed bodyguard?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

b-minus1 posted:

Lmao we forgot to submit a night kill

wait lol was that all it was?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

1000% haterade talking but ya lurked hard smh

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

We were literally waffling so long over how to get around Maerlyn's doc that we forgot to submit a kill in time.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

t a s t e posted:

1000% haterade talking but ya lurked hard smh

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Though tbf you were right about me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It’s not really the spirit of the party game there sun tzu