Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

and before you go "but when I up my dosage I feel dead inside" I can confirm that it sucks less to feel kinda deadened than it is to be a NEET and feel like a failure all the time

no i still feel like a failure all the time and lack the energy to do anything about it when im on the meds its just i care less about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
or like 80k usd/year in a secondary figgieland in the usa, or like 95k usd/yr in figgieland prime

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
gently caress, goddamn fishmech isn't in the top3 contrarian or awful people I know, and that's just the neuroatypicals.

The bar is so much lower than you think. We's a species of fuckups.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
print out the last 24 hours of your posts and bring them to your therapist. If you're reluctant to do this then you aren't being honest with them in your sessions.

speaking as a person that was married for almost a decade to somebody who responded to any and all criticism with "god i'm so stupid, i loving suck, i should just kill myself," it's an incredibly difficult thing to break through for parties on either side. But we're not trained, certified or under any responsibility to do so.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

print out the last 24 hours of your posts and bring them to your therapist. If you're reluctant to do this then you aren't being honest with them in your sessions.

speaking as a person that was married for almost a decade to somebody who responded to any and all criticism with "god i'm so stupid, i loving suck, i should just kill myself," it's an incredibly difficult thing to break through for parties on either side. But we're not trained, certified or under any responsibility to do so.

i dont want to have to explain to my therapist what a "debian" is

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you have a long life ahead of you and though I know it doesn't help anything now, everybody in here will assure you that they were similarly lost and scared at that age. the world is terrifyingly large and incredibly complex machinery and it's hard to learn to navigate it and find your path. i'll be 42 next month and i'm _still_ writing my story. Nobody has it easy except for born-rich kids, and those have a disproportionately large voice in society compared to their actual population numbers.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the only group of peeps i know w more busted hosed up heads than putertouchers are plutocrat kids

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I continue to be glad I haven't met any plutocrats and their kin

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Jonny 290 posted:

you have a long life ahead of you and though I know it doesn't help anything now, everybody in here will assure you that they were similarly lost and scared at that age. the world is terrifyingly large and incredibly complex machinery and it's hard to learn to navigate it and find your path. i'll be 42 next month and i'm _still_ writing my story. Nobody has it easy except for born-rich kids, and those have a disproportionately large voice in society compared to their actual population numbers.

This should be printed out and read every single day to every student in every school system on the planet until they are sent out into the world on their own.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

drat achmed jones sure is posting a lot of "quit being a bitch" for someone who was "similarly lost and scared at that age"

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

hbag posted:

drat achmed jones sure is posting a lot of "quit being a bitch" for someone who was "similarly lost and scared at that age"

He really, really isn't.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i know stanford folks but just like middle/upper-middle class types. i dont know any real plutocrats.

wait bdid are you a plutocrat?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the amount of “stop being a bitch” posting is at most commensurate to the amount of being a bitch posting

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you can also spend your life making wacky off the cuff justifications why you can't do things, like how you think your therapist is too stupid to understand "i worked on a computer project a whole lot the past few days and it was unfamiliar territory, and i got frustrated and upset because i consider myself to be good at this stuff"

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

jesus WEP posted:

the amount of “stop being a bitch” posting is at most commensurate to the amount of being a bitch posting

yeah i figured
i was essentially saying that jonny's post is not at all true and i am in fact being a bitch

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i got high six figs net worth so not quite

when i get to 7 ill quit and work on the communism thingy. or 800k, i havent decided

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

you can also spend your life making wacky off the cuff justifications why you can't do things, like how you think your therapist is too stupid to understand "i worked on a computer project a whole lot the past few days and it was unfamiliar territory, and i got frustrated and upset because i consider myself to be good at this stuff"

no i dont i consider myself to be garbage at this stuff which is why its frustrating
because its the thing im the best at and yet i am still loving horrible at it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

hbag posted:

i dont want to have to explain to my therapist what a "debian" is

if we're honest, you' just dont want to explain anything to your therapist, you just want them to magically wave a wand and make you better

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i got high six figs net worth so not quite

when i get to 7 ill quit and work on the communism thingy. or 800k, i havent decided

i thought you owned a house in the bay? doesn't that automatically get you to seven figgies net worth these days? though i guess you might have bought fairly recently and still be paying it off. not trying to pry too much here

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

rotor posted:

if we're honest, you' just dont want to explain anything to your therapist, you just want them to magically wave a wand and make you better

yeah

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i started working at 15

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i dont even own a car. renting apartments and public transit for me (cuz you cant do math or read while driving)

you have one guess as to my preference for what apartments i would like to rent

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

therapist: debian??? Well there's your problem. You should install Kubuntu.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

graph posted:

i started working at 15

this just sounds like further proof as to why i should go on a snack run to the medicine cabinet

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i mean honestly we all do, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i dont even own a car. renting apartments and public transit for me (cuz you cant do math or read while driving)

you have one guess as to my preference for what apartments i would like to rent
10-story soulful wood and spider silk ones?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

rotor posted:

i mean honestly we all do, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

ain't that the truth :smith:

it gets better though. :unsmith:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

rotor posted:

therapist: debian??? Well there's your problem. You should install Kubuntu.

That would make me laugh pretty goddamn hard, so it would work for the intended purpose.

Maybe not for someone who doesn't understand why nobody installs Kubuntu.

... is that hbag's music I hear?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

ain't that the truth :smith:

it gets better though. :unsmith:

no as you get older ive noticed you get more and more responsibilities and guilt piled on top of you
that sounds like the opposite of getting better
that loving sucks
literally "get a job and spend the next 60 years stressing out over your responsibilities, or live with the guilt of being a worthless NEET living with your parents until you inevitably kill yourself"

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

graph posted:

i started working at 15

same but 14

12 if you count babysitting (and you should because holy poo poo 8 year old kids hopped up on power rangers armed with plastic swords absolutely wrecked my poo poo lol)

anyhow ain't nobody got their poo poo fully figured out, lots of us are gonna die feeling like a loser but you just muddle through.

aint nothing to it but to do it, fake it till you make it, etc etc

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

no as you get older ive noticed you get more and more responsibilities and guilt piled on top of you
that loving sucks
literally "get a job and spend the next 60 years stressing out over your responsibilities, or live with the guilt of being a worthless NEET living with your parents until you inevitably kill yourself"

I'm a worthless NEET who lives in a nice little apartment and has a quiet little life

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hbag posted:

this just sounds like further proof as to why i should go on a snack run to the medicine cabinet

yeah dont start doing suicide-adjacent poo poo, and don't joke about that kind of stuff. if somebody's using the forums to spray suicidal ideation and stuff like that, they quite often end up permabanned and referred to a helpline because it has a real and very damaging influence on others, and letting someone say that poo poo without telling them to knock it off normalizes it in their thought patterns and thereby makes it worse on the person saying it, too

suicidal hyperbole isn't cute it and it isn't acceptable (at least not in a medium like this one). i dont know if you're really in that bad of shape or being hyperbolic, but please stop repeating that sort of thing in either case. please get more help. go to the therapist every day if necessary. please do not hurt yourself.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cold on a Cob posted:

same but 14

12 if you count babysitting

oh yeah i used to do lawns and poo poo, idk when that started. 15 was like, an actual part time job. i had it until the week i graduated hs

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

going to the therapist means getting out of bed, putting on clothes, and explaining to my parents where im going because theyre paranoid as gently caress about me being kidnapped or something

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hbag posted:

going to the therapist means getting out of bed, putting on clothes, and explaining to my parents where im going because theyre paranoid as gently caress about me being kidnapped or something

then that is what you need to do.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

dude/dudette:

being honest here doesn’t get you help

being honest with your therapist gets you help, and either your therapist is incompetent and saying everything is fine, or you’re clamming up with them and not telling them anything

like look, I’ve literally been in a mental hospital (nearly 10 years ago now) for stuff I don’t really like talking about (<5 people know), and during group I basically clammed up and pretended everything was fine

I got nothing out of that and it isn’t until now that I’m 24 that once I’ve got health insurance on the first, I’m willing to be open and honest with a shrink

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Achmed Jones posted:

then that is what you need to do.

or i could take the path of least resistance of just loving rotting away in bed leeching off my parents
i genuinely dont have the energy to do anything anymore

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

hbag posted:

that loving sucks

I don't have responsibilities piled on me, I choose to have responsibilities because there's a lot of poo poo I think should get done, and if I'm not willing to take on the responsibility, who, exactly, gives a poo poo about what I think should happen?

Yeah, I ramble on, I sometimes melt down, I'm a sorry sight most of the days, and yet... I'm often the only helping hand when one's needed.

I could complain about how none of it matters seeing the shape the world is in... but saving the world isn't the responsibility I've chosen to have.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
my first real job where i put on slacks and a button up and did computer touching for a wage was at 14 years old, at a hospital.

my parents were deadbeats both who lived off constant remortgaging and splurging on useless poo poo like riding lawn mowers and lots of booze, and i was on my own for clothes and poo poo so i kinda had to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

hbag posted:

im already on 100mg of sertraline a day
which is half the maximum dose

that is not the maximum dose. i'm at 200/day right now, and this is lower than i've been in the past