Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
don’t worry echi. i fielded that one for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

That's neato. How do they actually distribute accurate sub-milligram doses into a tablet then

very carefully

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

don’t worry echi. i fielded that one for you.

:hf:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

echinopsis posted:

pharmacist but a nz one which means we still use abacus and consider leeches fundamental to our COVID strategy

nice.

speaking of, i have an imbalance of humours i could use some advice on

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_gwA_hdKMs
lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teBV0EoJJY8

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

That's neato. How do they actually distribute accurate sub-milligram doses into a tablet then

oh there's a comprehensive behind the counter QC program, if echi is anything like any other pharmacist i've ever known calm down echi its jokes

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

pharmacist but a nz one which means we still use abacus and consider leeches fundamental to our COVID strategy

well poo poo, that's a step above the u.s. strategy and your national numbers back these claims so who am i to argue

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

very carefully

sorry I don’t have a good answer. they make it fluffy. it’s challenging especially for some drugs. i just remember mostly why it’s hard not the processes to get around it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I belive you find a solution the drug dissolves in and then measure it out by liquid volume :sci101:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Another Bill posted:

I belive you find a solution the drug dissolves in and then measure it out by liquid volume :sci101:

the bad news is that the solution is hydrochloric acid

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pi is a joke

e is where the real magic happens

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
phi takes a huge drag from a fat blunt, knowing his time to shine is soon

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
pi=3. they don’t want you to know this.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Another Bill posted:

I worked in pharma for a while and this is basically right in a lot of cases but it's often a lot more steps. here's a fairly simple excerpt from an open access journal:

sometimes that could go on for 50 or 100 pages before they got the thing they were actually looking for

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i like τ

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

disaster pastor posted:

I worked in pharma for a while and this is basically right in a lot of cases but it's often a lot more steps. here's a fairly simple excerpt from an open access journal:

sometimes that could go on for 50 or 100 pages before they got the thing they were actually looking for

that’s a page about the synthesis though, not ensuring active compounds are evenly distributed, isn’t it?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

President Beep posted:

pi=3. they don’t want you to know this.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

mediaphage posted:

that’s a page about the synthesis though, not ensuring active compounds are evenly distributed, isn’t it?

yeah and sometimes they're different but sometimes you have to do it as part of the overall synthesis or you run into what echinopsis is talking about, where it loves itself too much and you can't split it up in any kind of predictable way

freely admit I wasn't involved enough or for long enough to know how often that's the norm or if I just saw a bunch of weird exceptions, though

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the entire first half of my pharmacy degree was pharmaceutical science rather than pharmacology

I don’t remember gently caress all but at one stage I could tell you a lot about how poo poo dissolves

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

tau is just hipster pi

e is good. phi is overrated but very weird. Everyone talks about the drat fibonacci sequence but did u know that phi is expressable as the simplest continued fraction?

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
pretty useless definition, how am i supposed to compute that

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx5t5ps-bwc&t=49s

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

DELETE CASCADE posted:

pretty useless definition, how am i supposed to compute that

perhaps you could use a computer

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

perhaps you could use a computer

fuckin gross dude

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

fuckin gross dude

the response i was fishing for is:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/382WZ0z.mp4

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

tau is just hipster pi

e is good. phi is overrated but very weird. Everyone talks about the drat fibonacci sequence but did u know that phi is expressable as the simplest continued fraction?

oh god i hate the fibonacci sequence :argh:

is there such a thing about being a number bigot?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

this is wicked stuff.

unholy.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm just glad someone finally invented a proper sci fi robot shoulder joint.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

big whoop my shoulder can do that

all of it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

got my mask last week :spooky:

do they seriously make mankind replica masks

... of course they do

have a nice day

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

thats a dumb robot

now HERE is a COOL robot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atrXPArsjns

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

engineering has gone too far

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

motherfuckers solving the lament configuration up in here

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Agile Vector posted:

just lol that ibm's internal design team pushed back against this rebus and it became and instant part of their identify after

related, one of my college professors did an exhibit and a book a couple years ago w/ another professor about IBM's poster program from 69-79, including Paul Rand's rebus and stuff (but more focused on non-Rand work). there's some neat stuff.

https://www.visualmemoranda.com/

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Gnossiennes posted:

related, one of my college professors did an exhibit and a book a couple years ago w/ another professor about IBM's poster program from 69-79, including Paul Rand's rebus and stuff (but more focused on non-Rand work). there's some neat stuff.

https://www.visualmemoranda.com/

holy poo poo this is awesome.

thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
if you like that stuff i cannot recommend this enough

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/663524.History_of_the_Poster