Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/edmonton-landlord-released-from-hospital-after-shooting

ohhhh poo poo he's gonna be mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

someone’s about to learn why you don’t gently caress up a hit

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

hbag posted:

i will as soon as i get this loving flask app to display the lovely little html document i wrote to test it

it's 6am again.

again

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

please tell me you at least sleep until 1400 when you’re up until 0600

that’s what I did when I was your age and it was fine

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Until about two weeks ago I was in a terrible phase of being up until 0430 and up for work at 0800 and while I felt like I got enough sleep when I woke up, now that I’m getting 7h of sleep I can safely say I have no idea what I was doing for most of the day after waking up

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
edit: please shove southern california into the pacific thx in advance

Feisty-Cadaver fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Aug 24, 2021

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

going to sleep now but if anyone knows flask and/or heroku ive been yelling at my laptop for the past couple hours over this poo poo so help would be appreciated

for whatever loving reason, heroku si giving my flask app a 503 error whenever i try to visit its page. in the logs, the script itself seems to run fine, and then crash spontaneously. it does everything it's supposed to. it dies before it manages to run the webserver. my procfile is called Procfile, is in the project root, and i have flask debug turned on. none of this is helping.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Jonny 290 posted:

should we also cap off the pipelines at the border and shut down the military bases watching for russianukes that we use as a justification for allowing yall to exist as an autonomous nation instead of states 51-63

as if we’ll ever admit another state

especially ones that’d vote Democrat

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the way they did it right before the civil war was 2 at a time, one slave and one free

so they would have to chop up alberta pretty finely

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 24, 2021

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
maybe that edmonton parking lot can be its own state so they can sneak all of toronto in to match

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's still useless space we store stuff in but hey, technically there's a game room up there.

you know what your attic needs?

a Pittsburgh toilet

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lotta posts what happen

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

not enough posts about toasts

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hbag posted:

going to sleep now but if anyone knows flask and/or heroku ive been yelling at my laptop for the past couple hours over this poo poo so help would be appreciated

for whatever loving reason, heroku si giving my flask app a 503 error whenever i try to visit its page. in the logs, the script itself seems to run fine, and then crash spontaneously. it does everything it's supposed to. it dies before it manages to run the webserver. my procfile is called Procfile, is in the project root, and i have flask debug turned on. none of this is helping.

im gonna tell you the secret to solving these problems, it took me years to figure it out. Just give up. Stop working on it and go to bed. When you get up if you still care (you probably won't) get some coffee and look at it again during the day. You'll solve the problem much faster with fresh eyes. Countless problems that I've stayed up late and given up on have been solved in 10 mins or less after some sleep and coffee

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

PokeJoe posted:

im gonna tell you the secret to solving these problems
the other secret is that all the advice in the world isn't going to make a difference when you're still in the 'teens. it won't get through, it won't go in. you have to take the journey of failure, discovery, and years of reckless wasted life/health and eventually come to the same secrets that people once tried to impart you on. you have to touch the hot stove and get those scars.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yeah I know, we were all dipshit teens once. That's never stopped old people from attempting to give them advice to ignore before though and I'm not about to start changing that, I'm too old

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PokeJoe posted:

yeah I know, we were all dipshit teens once. That's never stopped old people from attempting to give them advice to ignore before though and I'm not about to start changing that, I'm too old

it's the circle of advice :cloud:

cj/ls: just hold it together for another week or two, there's a three-day weekend coming :pray:

cls: walking around in socks instead of barefoot. kinda nice, but i know i'm gonna slip and break myself before long

prefect fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Aug 24, 2021

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/vectorpoem_txt/status/1395462778584911872

can someone photoshop the sign to say yospos

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
5 million garbage plates

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

President Beep posted:

5 million garbage plates

in it, 5

cjs: can't stop thinking about this ELK stack i cut-over last week but at the same time they increased the ingest rate by more than 4x (nominal rate has gone from 2.5k events/second to around 9k events/second). they have NFI why volume has increased so im going to have to get approval for another Logstash host and at least one to two more Elasticsearch nodes lol never learn Elastic

e: also the Logstash pipelines are hyper-dogshit and i'd love to re-do them and have everything be ECS but they use these dashboards for SLA reporting and unggghhhh. i also want to shift to using data streams (append-only indexes) which enables ILM-controlled rollover but that would change the index names and gently caress all their bs dashboards. loving my entire kingdom of poo poo for an oppo at a 7.14 Elastic greenfield setup...

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Aug 24, 2021

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
consider it done

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

how are you doin beep btw? how are things in kalamazoo?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
garbage plates are good and delicious, especially at 1am

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

bump_fn posted:

can someone photoshop the sign to say yospos

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Pile Of Garbage posted:

how are you doin beep btw? how are things in kalamazoo?

going okay, my dude. hot as balls though. this weather makes me feel like hell. how are you?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

c music s: finally getting around to listening to pet sounds in its entirety. haven’t listened to the beach boys since i was a kid. still charming.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

not pictured: yuengling light

(dont buy yuengling they're mega chuds and proud of it)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

President Beep posted:

c music s: finally getting around to listening to pet sounds in its entirety. haven’t listened to the beach boys since i was a kid. still charming.

more like Butt Sounds

Share Bear posted:

not pictured: yuengling light

(dont buy yuengling they're mega chuds and proud of it)

I grew up a thirty minute drive from Pottsville and the people they endlessly exploit are also chuds

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

President Beep posted:

going okay, my dude. hot as balls though. this weather makes me feel like hell. how are you?

oh yeah im swell, we're about to enter spring here so everything will prolly go to poo poo. work is a pita but hey what's new lol. glad you're doing well friend!

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

President Beep posted:

I revisited that a few years ago. It's not something I'd ever play in constant rotation but drat, you gotta appreciate it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

c forums s: hahahahahahahahaha

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

shoeberto posted:

I revisited that a few years ago. It's not something I'd ever play in constant rotation but drat, you gotta appreciate it.

now I’m listening to cyprus hill

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

President Beep posted:

now I’m listening to cyprus hill

Yeah, you would!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i know, right????

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

hell yeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PC52dG03vM

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

c magic blood s: five years later and the nih has called
me back for another round of testing. apparently they’ve found another ~30 people, so ~60 total, with the same genetic fluke and i still remain the extreme outlier / best case scenario. after yesterday’s testing they’re confident my condition hasn’t deteriorated at all which is good to have objective third party confirmation of. today is all the mris and other scans plus a bunch of blood samples and skin biopsies.

talking to the doc leading the research yesterday he says they think they’ve identified the rna that is all hosed up with us and is very interested in seeing my levels vs. the others in the study. if it turns out they’re right then my joke about having magic blood may not be such a joke anymore- it may be the key to solving this bastard of a disease

anyways off to an mri. i’m into aphex twin so i don’t mind them so much :newlol:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cjs: audit time, yippee.. guess i'll take it slow and get it done at my own pace

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

can i ask what the disease is? yes i can: what is the disease? (feel free not to answer tho)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

cjs: I slept through standup

the perils of working 3 time zones ahead of your home