Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I'm out of town for a few weeks and gobbless Kirkland wet wipes for saving my sensitive bidet spoiled bits from single ply hotel and trailer TP.

The inclusion of two travel size packs is genius, but I did not see just a package of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyTurtle
Jun 13, 2003

Top of the food chain, Ma!
Not a card-carrying churchgoer, but a grateful member of the flock. PBUC.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SpookyTurtle posted:

Those dog beds are real good.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

BeAuMaN posted:

This. In Fresno, California they don't enforce it for the locations I drive into town to go to.

Also to be clear: I've heard Costcos will sometimes have different setups. In the two locations I'm thinking of, they're setup where the customer service desk and the food court are on the exit side of the store (beyond the registers), with the customer service desk closest to the exit... while I've heard other Costcos might have one and/or the other on the entrance side.

People without cards need to access the customer service desk. Now, they do have a dedicated little door that leads to returns where lines can go out the door, so they could rope it off or something, but practically speaking they also have to handle membership stuff and the lines just sort of sprawl out all over the place depending on what side of the desk they're coming at and crowd the lines of carts exiting the store, so management would be a pain in the rear end. In addition, it's now expected that you mostly place your orders at the food court kiosk cluster (There's like 6 kiosks bundled together) or at the checkout with your other Costco stuff; they'll still take orders but there seems to be reduced people working food courts, at least in the front. They could require you to swipe your card at the kiosk, but that means you have to pull out two cards to order.

In summary: Enforcing membership for getting to the food court would be a pain in the rear end (at these locations). And apparently it hasn't been enough of a problem for them to do so.
(Or so it seems to me, as just the observations of a mere parishioner of the church)

I think it also has a lot to do with the local situation re: non-members stopping in.

Anecdotally, The costco that I normally go to is in the middle of a bunch of sprawl with other big boxes and hardware stores, the area is extremely un-walkable, and there aren't any nearby office buildings or apartments etc. They don't give two fucks about checking membership going up to the food court, and they're one of the ones with the dedicated customer service entrance.

Meanwhile I was visiting some friends out of state pre-Covid and swung by the local costco to grab a couple pizzas for dinner. They had one of the setups where the food court is outdoors, but they'd put up a chain link fence (looked like the same one you will see around the outdoor garden poo poo when that's in season) so that you could only enter from the inside, and hoo boy were they checking cards. This was right near a shitload of office buildings, though, and it looked like half the hotdog munchers were on their lunch breaks.

They're not a soup kitchen. The dogs and a lot of the other food are loss leaders, and they're expecting to get that back from the poo poo on the inside that they actually make a margin off of. They're a great company, but they're not in business to feed the world. No shame on people that try to use them as such - god knows I waltzed into many a costco during my college years, sans membership, to get a cheap lunch or enough pizza to feed myself for a week.

I strongly suspect that the number one predictor for how much they're going to care about enforcing the membership rules is what the local situation is and how much non-member foot traffic they're going to expect.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I finally got to use my new LG stick vac to do the house and it's pretty drat good. It's a hell of a lot more convenient than busting out the canister vac, but definitely does not do as good of a job. This will work perfectly for most of the vacuuming I do and that means it's perfect for me. I will absolutely recommend picking one up if you want a stick vac that can handle all dust buster and light-to-medium vacuuming needs.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I like using our Dyson stick for hard floors and doing a quick run through to pick up pet fur and stuff, but for carpets and rugs we bust out the corded Shark. Haven't been a fan of any of the sticks I've used on carpets.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

A bit of a long shot and not practical for most folks, but recently Costco has been putting stock of PS5s in new warehouse openings in the US. So if you have been searching and live near one might be worth your time to drop by opening day.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

schreibs posted:

My wife is vegan and I give this advice a hearty "NO!". Its gross. Its not a meat substitute. This is coming from someone who has eaten more tofu than they wanted to. If its on sale give it a shot, if not skip it..

I assume you've never had it prepared properly. One of the BBQ places near me makes a jackfruit BBQ and it is delicious. If you didn't know better you might think it's pulled pork.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

schreibs posted:

My wife is vegan and I give this advice a hearty "NO!". Its gross. Its not a meat substitute. This is coming from someone who has eaten more tofu than they wanted to. If its on sale give it a shot, if not skip it..

I've had some REALLY GOOD jackfruit meat substitutes at vegan/veggie places before. It absolutely seems like most other veggie/vegan dishes where if you can deal with the texture, you just gotta sauce/season it to your taste

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Is anyone else's food court not inside? The one local to me the food court is accessed on the outside of the building, near the entrance/exit but there's nothing stopping someone from just walking up to it off the street and ordering the food.

Here, for some reason google did a drive by in the parking lot lol

Also, ordered a hotdog and got a small cup of ketchup/mustard and relish yesterday.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
In CA basically all of them are outside.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

SpookyTurtle posted:

Boo. Our local Costco is inexplicably only stocking dog beds in RealTree camouflage with blaze orange trim. :mad:

(Glad your good boy or girl is enjoying their understated bed, though.)

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Molten Llama posted:

Boo. Our local Costco is inexplicably only stocking dog beds in RealTree camouflage with blaze orange trim. :mad:

(Glad your good boy or girl is enjoying their understated bed, though.)
I'd love some of those RealTree beds, but I haven't seen them in a long time. Half of my furniture is RealTree and I think it would be adorable if my pet beds matched my hideous as gently caress couch.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Olanphonia posted:

The Kirkland brand? Fwiw, I think it's pretty drat good. definitely comparable to kerrygold

No one gets fired for buying Kirkland.'

Except for their light beer.

DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

Is it just me, but is the Kirkland Cold Brew Coffee slightly increased at price but decreased in quantity sold? I want to believe that I remember first seeing it last year or a couple years ago being sold as a 24 pack for $9.99. I think I've seen it shrink in amount sold while the price slowly increased. Today, it was a 12 pack for $13.99.

I don't drink any of it. I've been buying it for my SO.

I guess this is the way things go. Too true while it lasted.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I've never seen it as anything other than a 12 pack for either 12.99 or 13.99 if this is the product you're talking about. I like the cans a lot when they're in stock, ends up being slightly less expensive than buying 40 or 48oz containers of cold brew at the store.

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/kirkland-signature-cold-brew-coffee%2C-colombian%2C-11-fl-oz%2C-12-ct.product.100357585.html

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

fizzymercury posted:

Half of my furniture is RealTree

Why

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
My in-laws gave us a whole living room set of the stuff for a wedding present. They're ridiculously comfortable but drat if they don't clash terribly with my Holly Hobbie and crochet pillows decor.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

fizzymercury posted:

My in-laws gave us a whole living room set of the stuff for a wedding present. They're ridiculously comfortable but drat if they don't clash terribly with my Holly Hobbie and crochet pillows decor.

You should get your in-laws some tasteful Tom's of Finland prints for their anniversary.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Anticipating the West Coast release if they're not already

astral
Apr 26, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

Anticipating the West Coast release if they're not already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA8cQb0i0lI

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

fizzymercury posted:

yeah i'm gonna need to see pics of this

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

yeah i'm gonna need to see pics of this

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Wow you guys were right about those 505 hatch chilis

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Add your own loving veggies and sides Mr Yan. Prepared meal my rear end

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I picked up some of this last night:
https://www.costco.com/la-colombe-draft-latte-cold-brew-coffee%2c-variety-pack%2c-9-fl-oz%2c-12-count.product.100641312.html

Just cracked one open and its pretty good.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Fallom posted:

I too am made instantly angry by the suggestion that I am responsible for making steamed broccoli and white rice as pictured

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Fallom posted:

If Yan can cook, so can you.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have some of those Tasty Bite India pouches but they expired in May. They're in sealed retort pouches so do you guys think it'd be ok still? I always buy these but they always expire because they're high up in a cupboard that I never use so I always forget about them. I have 2 full boxes of them.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I have some of those Tasty Bite India pouches but they expired in May. They're in sealed retort pouches so do you guys think it'd be ok still? I always buy these but they always expire because they're high up in a cupboard that I never use so I always forget about them. I have 2 full boxes of them.

Eat them unless they smell and/or look rotten

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Just use them. Chances are the package says "best by" or something like that. A lot of those dates aren't due to actual food poisonings issues but flavor fading and the company not wanting you disappointed in them because it wasn't exactly they way they wanted it to taste.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'll try it! Thank you.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
Be aware of how warm your house/kitchen get too. A package up high in a cabinet when heat rises is opposite of what pantry storage should be "cool, dry place." I've had pantry food items go bad due to being in a hot garage during the summer.

But I'll also add those Tasty Bite packages are essentially MRE's and meant to last long after.

Those Colombe Draft Latte's are great, but VERY strong caffeine wise for how small of a can they are, and how easy they go down. The mocha flavor was also too chocolately for my taste.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I too am made instantly angry by the suggestion that I am responsible for making steamed broccoli and white rice as pictured

I want Mr Yan's steamed broccoli, the lazy rear end

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Geodude posted:

Those Colombe Draft Latte's are great, but VERY strong caffeine wise for how small of a can they are, and how easy they go down. The mocha flavor was also too chocolately for my taste.

gently caress yes, I'ma check these out next trip

I prefer my resting state of being to be Vibrating Caffeine Creature so these sound excellent

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Geodude posted:

For anyone who wants to know, the triple shot says it has 175mg of caffeine, the mocha 170mg, and the vanilla 115mg. I'm working my way through the flavors and deciding if they're worth the price or if I'm just paying for a gimmicky can, but they taste good and aren't overly sweet like some other premixed cold coffee drinks.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Colombe does an oat milk version of those lattes too, would love it if the 'Co went for packs of them. Milk makes my body sad

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

If it's at all similar to the Sukhis curry ones you can just eat the entire bag as a full meal.

If you have to share, then rice and veggies help quite a bit.

trip report: brown sugar boba ice cream bars are legit. Tastes just like a good milk tea, the boba bubbles are a little weird but not that bad.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
The Columbe coffees are great but a little rich sometimes, the kirkland coldbrew is still my preferred wake up. Costco here had Columbe cold brew black coffees which I hope doesn't mean the Kirkland is getting discontinued because the Columbe cold brews were 16.99 for a 12 pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

StormDrain posted:

Bad news

My advice is to slather some Bitchin sauce on the dog so it's only a net -10 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaME5ZAqASA&t=61s