Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Well poo poo, I didn't realize she was the anime robot, that explains why she looked so familiar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I know it's been brought up a few times already but Brand New Cherry Flavor is dope af, rosa salazar could stare at me with those eyes forever :pwn:

Lou Burke couldn't!

Speaking of Brand New Cherry Flavor, every time I see Patrick Fischler I think it's David Dastmalchian for a few seconds.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

Well poo poo, I didn't realize she was the anime robot, that explains why she looked so familiar.

Also that rotoscoped show Undone.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've seen Rosa Salazar's actual face.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Chairman Capone posted:

Speaking of Brand New Cherry Flavor, every time I see Patrick Fischler I think it's David Dastmalchian for a few seconds.

I wonder what it was like for him to be in a show where he’s playing the most normal character

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Reserve Dogs is a lot of fun. It's basically just Dave/Atlanta/Louie/Better Things, and maybe not quite as good, but, it's still great.

Escobarbarian posted:

I wonder what it was like for him to be in a show where he’s playing the most normal character

He was still weird as gently caress though, lol.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Lauzirika/status/1429841735375540235

That ET one is dire

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
About halfway through the first season of Hacks and it's pretty alright. Fun to see Jeff Ward show up, he's kind of a joy to watch in the few things I've seen him in so it's nice that he's getting roles. The show itself is good, glad I decided to check it out.

edit:

Holy poo poo what a poorly timed post. DEKE NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 24, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hannah Einbinder is the guest on Comedy Bang Bang this week if it interests. Weird to do promo for a show that finished airing its season a while ago, but hey!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yeah that was actually the reason I started watching. CBB bump! I haven't listened to the whole episode yet but so far I haven't thought she's a great guest. Kind of average as far as the non improv guests go. Not terrible, just not great. But it did remind me about this show and I'm glad I checked it out finally.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I can’t put my finger on it but it was definitely a weaker episode, but maybe that’s because some of them recently have just been excellent. I didn’t really get the middle guests gimmick too much, the last one was a bit more interesting but I was zoning out by then.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
is white lotus any good

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yes

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Reservation Dogs is loving incredible

Such a loveable cast

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Aug 24, 2021

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Next TVIV obsession plz

https://youtu.be/-V1rQdXXXyI

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

That looks super rad.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

A face that makes you think of kittens.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

PostNouveau posted:

You didn't see the movie adaptation of CHiPs?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

For some reason it's really funny to me that she was in sequel entries of both the Maze Runner and Divergent series. Hopefully between Alita and Brand New Cherry Flavor she's gotten her big break.

Looking up her wiki entry and I completely forgot she was in both Bird Box and episodes of both Comedy Bang Bang and Tim & Eric's Bedtime Stories.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Finished Mare of Easttown and yup that was exactly the same show as all those UK limited series I've watched. worth it if you like stuff like broachchurch. or those harlan coben Netflix adaptations (american books but i think the first 3 or 4 were all British productions?)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

is white lotus any good

it's a good show that's miserable to actually watch

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

^agreed. I also watched Beatriz at Dinner and it's the exact same vibe.

Every book featured in White Lotus

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1430204562284191755

Surely we can find one non-Hitler person to host Jeopardy

Actually now that I think about it, with the notable exception of Alex Trebeck, gameshow hosts are some of history's greatest monsters. Pat Sajak, Chuck Woolery, the guy Sam Rockwell played in that one movie. Idk if Richard Dawson was but he was on Hogan's Heroes with Bob Crane.

zoux fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 24, 2021

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

Actually now that I think about it, with the notable exception of Alex Trebeck, gameshow hosts are some of history's greatest monsters. Pat Sajak, Chuck Woolery, the guy Sam Rockwell played in that one movie. Idk if Richard Dawson was but he was on Hogan's Heroes with Bob Crane.

Someone has never watched old episodes of Family Feud on Buzzer

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

zoux posted:

Richard Dawson was the game show host in Running Man which absolves him of all sins.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dawson was a genuinely nice dude. just about all the rest of them are loving chuds, however.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I was going to say Drew Carey seems nice, but his wikipedia calls him an "outspoken libertarian" so maybe I'll back off from that one.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

feedmyleg posted:

I was going to say Drew Carey seems nice, but his wikipedia calls him an "outspoken libertarian" so maybe I'll back off from that one.

Considering he was a marine “hardcore libertarian” beats the more likely “turbo chud”

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pat Sajak seem super nice. I went to visit my folks in June and they watch the Wheel and I'm watching personable and friendly Pat Sajak banter with the guests and it's hard to reconcile that guy with this guy

But it's the same guy

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

I think he is more along the lines of "no drug laws" libertarian than the "no age of consent" kind, at least that is what I have gathered from hearing a couple interviews with him.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Considering he was a marine “hardcore libertarian” beats the more likely “turbo chud”

didn't his kid get arrested protesting trump's inauguration?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

didn't his kid get arrested protesting trump's inauguration?

Yes, he said “screw the President” and started some fires.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

I love that this is using the classic "Listen, I don't believe this totally insane thing, but there's a lot of people who do so you might just want to think about it"

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"i'm not saying that kids who can't pass through their ma's hooha should be left to die in the womb, i'm just saying that a lot of people say that and i felt it was important to bring up for reasons"

the ones getting famous are the completely wrong people.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's where she is on vaccines right now

quote:

A representative for Bialik has now clarified her vaccine stance. “She has been fully vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus and is not at all an anti-vaxxer,” Bialik’s spokesperson said in a statement to TheWrap. This isn’t the first time the Big Bang Theory star and neuroscientist has rebutted anti-vax rumors. In 2015, Bialik tweeted, “dispelling rumors abt my stance on vaccines. i’m not anti. my kids are vaccinated. so much anger and hysteria. i hope this clears things up.”

She further explained how her thinking about immunization had evolved in an October 2020 YouTube video titled, “Anti-Vaxxers and Covid.” Bialik shared that she and her two kids would be receiving both COVID-19 vaccines and flu shots. “This year I’m gonna do something I literally haven’t done in 30 years: I’m gonna get a vaccine. I know! And guess what? I’m actually gonna get two,” she said.

“You might be saying, ‘Hey, wait a second, Dr. Mayim Bialik, you don’t believe in vaccines! You’re one of those anti-vaxxers,’” Bialik continued. “I wrote a book about 10 years ago about my experience parenting, and at the time my children had not received the typical schedule of vaccines. But I have never, not once, said that vaccines are not valuable, not useful, or not necessary, because they are.”

She added, “The truth is, I delayed vaccinations for reasons that you don’t necessarily get to know about simply because you follow me on social media…. As of today, my children may not have had every one of the vaccinations that your children have, but my children are vaccinated.” Bialik then detailed her beliefs that children receive “way too many vaccines in this country” and that “the medical community often operate[s] from a place of fear in order to make money.” Still, she found it “very disturbing” that some people would not be vaccinated against COVID-19.

“I want my immune system to have the best chance at fighting anything that comes its way, especially if that’s COVID,” Bialik said.

Dunno, sounds like you're an anti-vaxxer to me

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zoux posted:

a couple of jobs ago i worked with a non-verbal autistic kid. their ma never came right out as anti-vaxx, but there's an awful lot of correllation between the things she told me and what blossom had to say.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She sounds like a moderate anti vaxxer and not an extremist. Which somehow feels worse.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Blossom I had a crush on you how could you betray me like this.

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1430201152927371266

Oh look another one (this is currently the leading non-Gavin candidate for the CA recall election)

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 24, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

zoux posted:

It's truly incredible how much damage one doctor who falsified a report for purely monetary reasons has caused.

Like, there is no single other thing out there that hints towards issues with vaccinating kids, but here we still are.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's truly incredible how much damage one doctor who falsified a report for purely monetary reasons has caused.

Like, there is no single other thing out there that hints towards issues with vaccinating kids, but here we still are.

There have been vax skeptics since there have been vaccines. Wakefield sucks and for sure did immeasurable damage to public health, but had he not existed something else would've appeared. We got people out here taking horse dewormer rather than a safe, effective vaccine that's been used on billions of people so far, it's not about evidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

swickles posted:

I think he is more along the lines of "no drug laws" libertarian than the "no age of consent" kind, at least that is what I have gathered from hearing a couple interviews with him.

This. Drew Carey is rad as hell