Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

The Fool posted:

I like having a soft ban on anime. I don’t mind chatting about it occasionally but it needs some checks and balances because most anime fans are terrible and can’t be trusted

same. i like smoka's anime and talking about shows and stuff. i generally like a lot of anime shows and movies. but in places where anime is Allowed it tends to pretty rapidly devolve into horny crap. in general text about anime tends to be fine (IMO bc i like cartoons), it's the pics and video where it starts snowballing into something that's gross and i dont like it and also my monitor is off

you see the same thing in the gbs blessed thread. somebody posts a picture of their cat and the next 20 pages are nerds posting pictures of their cat that other people mostly dont care about. that's not creepy of course, but it also drowns out anything actually interesting. it's much worse when somebody posts a pretty woman in that thread, all the thirsty weirdos fall on themselves to post attractive female athletes and woman israeli soldiers and thirst trap poo poo like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

perhaps my most shameful snipe to date

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

i wonder if i could play video games while indoor cycling. maybe the switch?

gently caress yeah paperboy rules

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

another mod got banned for pedo poo poo

how does it keep happening

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

c health s: I think I feel a migraine coming on. This will be my third migraine in three days. jfc what have I done to deserve this :negative:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

how does it keep happening

the anime forum is still open

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if you think anime fans are pedophiles and continue to generate content for no pay on a site with a dedicated anime subforum, you're a collaborator and should be strung up with the rest of them. That is all. Now talk about something else, you dorks

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

settle down beavis

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

DELETE CASCADE posted:

the rest of us don't want to see your anime, so don't post it

this is why we need a yospos anime thread

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

but like a casual anime thread

less: Holy poo poo this anime is my life you need to watch this

more: oooh i just lit up and im thinking about this anime i stopped watching 20 years ago, it seems cool, dunno why i turned it off part way through the second episode?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
aminè

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

alexandriao posted:

more: oooh i just lit up and im thinking about this anime i stopped watching 20 years ago, it seems cool, dunno why i turned it off part way through the second episode?

fwiw we do this in the sci fi thread. discussion is generally accepted, pics+video much less so. but sometimes it's worth a probe when you really need to say "congratulations"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

prefect posted:

cjs: i am bad at java

(i need to write a function that returns something(?) that can be used as the argument to a different function that takes varargs :saddowns:)

private Array<Object> getVarArgs() {
// do ur thing
}

where Object is whatever type you need an array of to feed into your varargs

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

alexandriao posted:

wait thats more byob

a yospos thread would be like:

drat this anime i stopped watching in 2012 perfectly describes my loud toasty salesforce experiences. however this one character called debbie ian is a real hardass and i hate em

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

basically varargs is something that Sun added and boils down to Object[], or Array<Object>, so either of those should work

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

speaking of anime, Dragoncon is still on and it's gonna be a real banger as far as superspreader events go.

Is it? Some of that stuff hit my feed (maybe it was a different furry con? who even knows) and essentially the only person who refused to wear a mask out of some maga ethos was ejected and barred (possibly for life?)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

alexandriao posted:

this is why we need a yospos anime thread

absolutely not jesus christ

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

"Anime is blood" I shout, as I spray blood all over everything

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

That Babylon song by David Gray, but instead of "Babylon" he says "Anime"

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

cjs: brand new deploy to shiny new US and EU production environments went off without a hitch and I'm King CI/CD of gently caress Mountain right now hell yheah

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i just had to force feed poodle jones a bunch of peroxide to make him vomit up one of little jones's socks.

he may never forgive me

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

50 year rule: If the sock only hit the ground in the last 50 years it's OK to eat

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

more like salesfarce lol

years ago there was a goon itf that was talking about their dodge dart and you called it a “dodge drat” and sometimes i still lol at that.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

President Beep posted:

years ago there was a goon itf that was talking about their dodge dart

what i remember is that they took an absolutely horrible lovely finance deal on it and would end up paying $48,000 for it

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

cjs follow up: bunch of pages went off after my deploy, turns out by fixing an incorrect label I broke a lot of alerts because they were depending on the wrong value :shepface:

Not my problem though, some other goober's fixing the alerts to be correct now

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

graph posted:

what i remember is that they took an absolutely horrible lovely finance deal on it and would end up paying $48,000 for it

it's a classic

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1430314598322769924

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

jonny due novanta

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bump_fn posted:

absolutely not jesus christ
im going to allow it but strictly for chain probing everyone who posts in it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

entra nel fottuto robot, shinji!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
do they have something like wifi repeaters, to increase the range and go through walls? and will they require me to string wires down my hallway?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

prefect posted:

do they have something like wifi repeaters, to increase the range and go through walls? and will they require me to string wires down my hallway?

Ethernet over power line or just simple wireless ap’s?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Fool posted:

Ethernet over power line or just simple wireless ap’s?

my verizon fios wifi thingie has two modes, one of which is faster (it has "5G" in the name, which might mean it's full of chinese spies, but i don't really care), but which doesn't make it down to my bedroom at full strength. i'm wondering if there's a relatively easy way to make it stronger

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i have a Nest wifi router and recently got one of the points. now the internet works much better in our bathroom and bedroom so im chalking it up as a win. we installed it in little jones's room, no ethernet required (though ofc it needs power)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Achmed Jones posted:

i have a Nest wifi router and recently got one of the points. now the internet works much better in our bathroom and bedroom so im chalking it up as a win. we installed it in little jones's room, no ethernet required (though ofc it needs power)

this is useful information, thanks :tipshat:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

prefect posted:

my verizon fios wifi thingie has two modes, one of which is faster (it has "5G" in the name, which might mean it's full of chinese spies, but i don't really care), but which doesn't make it down to my bedroom at full strength. i'm wondering if there's a relatively easy way to make it stronger

take it to the gym

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i tried to youtube that james hetfield ANIMEEEEE but i can’t find it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Owns

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
c pet s: we're waiting on results but it looks like our oldest cat has cancer. Been a rough night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

shoeberto posted:

c pet s: we're waiting on results but it looks like our oldest cat has cancer. Been a rough night.

:sympathy: