Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

November 7th. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh god, I forgot Season 6 is the religion season. The ghost logic has gotten so strained. Harry actually enters the room at one point (what?) and asks Dexter where Harrison is (what?) and Dexter tells him Jaime put him to bed (what?).

This extends to the bad guy's ghost dad, who asks him where he was the night before. I guess you have to hide the guy is a ghost and I don't remember if the Collin Hanks knows the ghost is in his head or not, so more excusable.

Matsuka creeping on his intern is his lowest point?

Debra being named Lieutenant for political reasons is an odd move this season, but having watched a lot of this show back-to-back, she is by far the best cop they have. By like leaps and bounds, none of the other detectives ever get anything done.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 24, 2021

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

"That a cigar butt?"

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Hello, Whore

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I didn't even remember that Angel and Laguarda were married.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Neither did they

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Angel didn't even remember that Laguerta died.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Lumen feels like they wanted to give Dexter a partner, but then they cast Julia Stiles who was in movies and poo poo at the time and wasn't gonna stick around for a TV show. So she's just like "OK, well we killed my guys and I got what I needed, see you never" at the end of the season.

They went right back to this well with Yvonne Strawhatever a couple of seasons later, and Dexter having an accomplice hews closer to the books where Deb knows what's up. I suspect the original plan was that Lumen sticks around to the end of the show but then the producers outkicked their coverage in casting and long-term plans had to get scrapped.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

They went right back to this well with Yvonne Strawhatever a couple of seasons later, and Dexter having an accomplice hews closer to the books where Deb knows what's up.

Which is funny since she comes in in the same season where Deb does find out what’s up.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Matsuka creeping on his intern is his lowest point?

Was this when creeping on his intern wasn't creepy enough so they also made her his daughter?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

McSpanky posted:

Was this when creeping on his intern wasn't creepy enough so they also made her his daughter?

ohhhhhhhh my goooddddddd I loving HATE THIS SHOW! I HATE IT!!!!

Anyways see you all in November

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

No he creeped on the blond one, then maybe briefly creeped on his daughter for a sec before she revealed who she was. I dont think there was any build up to that?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The blonde one was flirtin on him hard, and it turns out she was using him for something (I think she wanted to steal evidence to sell online?) and he ended up turning her down and firing her, and it was a real big character moment because he chose the job over bangin a busty sugar babe.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

McSpanky posted:

I think you are thinking of his final season story where he finds out he has a long-lost daughter and learns that women are people too

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Lol they are already spoiling with their online marketing what would be I guess big moments like Harrison hanging out with dad!

gently caress it who needs suspense for this dogshit of a disaster

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The blonde one was flirtin on him hard, and it turns out she was using him for something (I think she wanted to steal evidence to sell online?) and he ended up turning her down and firing her, and it was a real big character moment because he chose the job over bangin a busty sugar babe.

I think the blonde was in cahoots with the guy making the serial killer game? Did she steal the Ice Truck mannequins hand?

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Slamhound posted:

I think the blonde was in cahoots with the guy making the serial killer game? Did she steal the Ice Truck mannequins hand?

I don't think they were in cahoots? She stole it, and I think put it on fake eBay where game dude bought it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
That vaguely rings a bell, but I don't think they were in cahoots. She sold it on not-eBay where he bought it.

E: Yeah now I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Big mistake considering nobody had Miami pd ever suffers consequences for being incredibly bad a their job

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Slamhound posted:

The blonde one stole the hand and sold it online.

Masuka asked the video game guy to help get it back, but he told Masuka he couldn’t get it back, but he erased all evidence of the sale. I’m still not clear if he was the original buyer, or if he got it when Masuka asked but just wanted it for himself.

He eventually sent the hand to Dexter as some kind of revenge for Dexter not liking his game, but presumably he didn’t know about Dexter’s relationship with the Ice Truck Killer, so I’m not totally clear what his point was supposed to be.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

George H.W. oval office posted:

gently caress it who needs suspense for this dogshit of a disaster

In the same vein, while in not a mod or the OP or anything, I think that this thread should be a spoiler-tag-free zone. As in, post spoilers all you want, just don't try to hide them.

Because honestly, who gives a gently caress.

I don't know, am I the only one who feels this way?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

How or why the gently caress is Harrison there? Reach out to him on Facebook once he got settled away in Dank Water Bergh USA? is he gonna be another shoulder phantom like Deb?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

In the same vein, while in not a mod or the OP or anything, I think that this thread should be a spoiler-tag-free zone. As in, post spoilers all you want, just don't try to hide them.

Because honestly, who gives a gently caress.

I don't know, am I the only one who feels this way?

who cares

esperantinc posted:

I don't think they were in cahoots? She stole it, and I think put it on fake eBay where game dude bought it.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

That vaguely rings a bell, but I don't think they were in cahoots. She sold it on not-eBay where he bought it.

E: Yeah now I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

Diabolik900 posted:

The blonde one stole the hand and sold it online.

Masuka asked the video game guy to help get it back, but he told Masuka he couldn’t get it back, but he erased all evidence of the sale. I’m still not clear if he was the original buyer, or if he got it when Masuka asked but just wanted it for himself.

He eventually sent the hand to Dexter as some kind of revenge for Dexter not liking his game, but presumably he didn’t know about Dexter’s relationship with the Ice Truck Killer, so I’m not totally clear what his point was supposed to be.

How dare you bastards refresh my memory of this awful show.

timp posted:

Anyways see you all in November

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

That's exactly my point.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Oh, I'm agreeing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Slamhound posted:

Oh, I'm agreeing.

Well, then I guess... It's hammer time.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Well, then I guess... It's hammer time.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh lord it's true

https://twitter.com/Showtime/status/1430244233508757507

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This has to be complete loving clickbait holy poo poo Dexter is a stupid show but even them wouldn’t be THIS stupid, right?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This has to be complete loving clickbait holy poo poo Dexter is a stupid show but even them wouldn’t be THIS stupid, right?

Hmmm...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I just watched an episode where Dexter notices a chipped incisor on a murder victim, decides it must be a serial killer he used to be a fan of from Oregon who pulled out incisors and who has retired to Miami, goes to an apparently random retirement home in Miami and asks who lives there from Oregon and hey what do you know it's the killer. Good thing there's only one retirement home in Miami.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You're kidding surely

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Small spoiler alert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16myhSOQozE

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

When is this new series set? Shouldn't Harrison be 12?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

New series looks cool.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Why

This has to end with Dexter dead, right?

Wait... It'll be a ghost Dexter in Harrison's head. Ghost Dexter will have his own ghosts. It will be a ghost-ception.

Yup. Calling it. That's the only reason to have Harrison around.

Edit:

Senor Tron posted:

Harrison was actually always a 20+ y/o and the toddler was the stunt-Harrison. The treadmill showed us the truth :tinfoil:

itry fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Aug 25, 2021

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Senor Tron posted:

This happens so often in TV. Like Alexander on TNG or the Dormandy kid on Boardwalk Empire. I feel like there was another high-profile one around the same time as Boardwalk Empire.

And on Dexter! Late in Season 5, 12-year-old Astor shows up in Miami drunk with a 16-year-old's plotline

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah even in the original they absolutely didn't keep track of how old Harrison was supposed to be.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Poor Harrison was 27 years old when he fell on that treadmill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Soap operas do this too. One month, a kid will be young, and the next, you've got Nick Newman at 30 years old on Y&R.

Ironic name for a show that did that so often.

I watched a LOT of The Young and the Restless with my grandmother growing up.