Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
at this point, i just want somebody associated with the price is right not turning out to be a huge creep.

so that's why i stan manuela.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's truly incredible how much damage one doctor who falsified a report for purely monetary reasons has caused.

Like, there is no single other thing out there that hints towards issues with vaccinating kids, but here we still are.

Man, people have been loving stupid since there were people
https://twitter.com/PadraicJudge/status/1389047619448721411

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gah, started up Hulu on my Roku TV and they apparently updated with this super loud noise on start up.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Disney has commissioned a Young Captain Nemo show for Disney+. I remember back in the 00s when this started as a film directed by McG and starring Will Smith as Nemo.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

AMC has a new mini series starring Daredevil, Julius Caesar, and Littlefinger. Looks Irish AF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_aWjgJ_6Us

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Heels seems like it wants to be the Sons of Anarchy of wrestling. Is that good or bad thing? Jury is still out.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Considering he was a marine “hardcore libertarian” beats the more likely “turbo chud”

Hey I’m a Marine and a hardcore social liberal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chairman Capone posted:

Disney has commissioned a Young Captain Nemo show for Disney+. I remember back in the 00s when this started as a film directed by McG and starring Will Smith as Nemo.

Nemo is one of those things where attitudes have gone completely around because an Indian guy fighting against the British Empire sure sounds like a hero to me.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Reservation Dogs is loving incredible

Such a loveable cast

Doubling up on this.

"Greasy frybread! Greasy greasy frybread!"

They should have figured out a way to make episode 4 into episode 1 though, that was a great open.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Fenris13 posted:

Doubling up on this.

"Greasy frybread! Greasy greasy frybread!"

They should have figured out a way to make episode 4 into episode 1 though, that was a great open.

Came to post about that greasy greasy frybread

Anyone who hasn't checked out Reservation Dogs, please do.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm on board. Watched all 4 episodes tonight.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Also shouting out Reservation Dogs.

I've been fascinated by the Indian way of life/struggles from watching all the Tayler Sheridan movies/shows and this is obviously more authentic so it's super interesting.

Also, Devery Jacobs is absolutely gorgeous. Those eyes....

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Aardvark! posted:

Finished Mare of Easttown and yup that was exactly the same show as all those UK limited series I've watched. worth it if you like stuff like broachchurch. or those harlan coben Netflix adaptations (american books but i think the first 3 or 4 were all British productions?)

I was actually shocked that I watched that whole show and the Count of Monte Cristo never murdered a single person...

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Mu Zeta posted:

AMC has a new mini series starring Daredevil, Julius Caesar, and Littlefinger. Looks Irish AF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_aWjgJ_6Us

I will give it a shot because of the great cast, even though it doesn't look like my thing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I know nobody watched this except for me but Betty got cancelled and I am VERY SAD ABOUT IT

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I really enjoyed White Lotus, but I feel like it suffers a bit from the target demographic doing this:

Except instead of wondering who it's for they'll laugh and tut at the people a bit richer than them

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

I know nobody watched this except for me but Betty got cancelled and I am VERY SAD ABOUT IT

Aw man, I started watching that a few months ago :(

It sucks but at the same time it feels pretty complete to me. It was nice to see such a female-focused and led show though, especially one with young women.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

For some reason it's really funny to me that she was in sequel entries of both the Maze Runner and Divergent series. Hopefully between Alita and Brand New Cherry Flavor she's gotten her big break.

Looking up her wiki entry and I completely forgot she was in both Bird Box and episodes of both Comedy Bang Bang and Tim & Eric's Bedtime Stories.

She's my new "well, if she's in it I'll definitely give it a watch regardless" person.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tosk posted:

I really enjoyed White Lotus, but I feel like it suffers a bit from the target demographic doing this:

Except instead of wondering who it's for they'll laugh and tut at the people a bit richer than them

Not me I'm the real salt of the earth.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Not me I'm the real salt of the earth.

No you're confused, people put lines if salt on the earth when you show up to keep themselves safe

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_83MEuLoz9Y

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

taco show posted:

^agreed. I also watched Beatriz at Dinner and it's the exact same vibe.

Every book featured in White Lotus

gently caress, thats exactly what it reminded me of. That was not coming up in my brain for the longest time.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Y'all ready for HBO's "9/11 was an inside job" documentary series?!

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/08/spike-lee-hbo-documentary-richard-gage.html

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know why they're wasting time on that conspiracy nonsense when they could be actually educating people on the truth.

That 9/11 was planned by the illuminati as a satanic sacrifice, to usher in the new world order.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

9/11 was a plot by the cryptocurrency gods of the future to usher in the age of cryptocurrency through a time-loop facilitated by all the fossil energy wasted on creating cryptocurrency. :science:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

im always up for more conspiracy chatter. love that bullshit.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

I don't know why they're wasting time on that conspiracy nonsense when they could be actually educating people on the truth.

That 9/11 was planned by the illuminati as a satanic sacrifice, to usher in the new world order.

Satan himself was there!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

zoux posted:

There have been vax skeptics since there have been vaccines.

Yeah, this a famous cartoon made about the first vaccine ever produced:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
RIP Trevor Moore and conspiracy theories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Lvv1f5Qu4

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Alhazred posted:

Yeah, this a famous cartoon made about the first vaccine ever produced:

And this was a very rare side effect

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
According to TMZ none of the Jeopardy guest hosts were even considered, they wanted Mayim and Richards from the start

https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/25/jeopardy-levar-burton-not-considered-full-time-hosting-job/

:thumbsup:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Azhais posted:

According to TMZ none of the Jeopardy guest hosts were even considered, they wanted Mayim and Richards from the start

https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/25/jeopardy-levar-burton-not-considered-full-time-hosting-job/

:thumbsup:

Shocked, shocked I tell you.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I love the idea of inoculuations. One of the grossest scenes in TV history is in John Adams where they take some oozing pus and inject it into children.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

I love the idea of inoculuations. One of the grossest scenes in TV history is in John Adams where they take some oozing pus and inject it into children.

One of the best books I've read on the topic is Demon in the Freezer, about smallpox, and about 1/3 of the book is dedicated to kind of stupid weaponized smallpox prognosticating, but the rest is a really well written account of what smallpox has done to the human race throughout our history and describing the monumental feat of eradication. It never ends up on any lists of such things but the WHO and national campaigns to find and destroy every last endemic case of smallpox is one of humanity's great scientific and cooperative achievements. Smallpox was real bad.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Mu Zeta posted:

An artist's rendition of Adams inoculating a child:

:nws::nws:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
i'd thank you not to post pictures of teenage me, please.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Gaius Marius posted:

HELLFIRE CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

TV Thought Of The Day: Going into the comments for any clip from Black Dynamite or Boondocks on youtube will quickly prove to you just how right Dave Chappelle was to end Chapelle's Show on "The wrong people are laughing at these jokes," grounds.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

And in the Knick where Thackery takes scabs, crushes them and then inject it into people.

zoux posted:

One of the best books I've read on the topic is Demon in the Freezer, about smallpox, and about 1/3 of the book is dedicated to kind of stupid weaponized smallpox prognosticating, but the rest is a really well written account of what smallpox has done to the human race throughout our history and describing the monumental feat of eradication. It never ends up on any lists of such things but the WHO and national campaigns to find and destroy every last endemic case of smallpox is one of humanity's great scientific and cooperative achievements. Smallpox was real bad.

The sad thing is that diseases like polio and measles could also be eradicated bu too many people refuses to take the vaccines.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Alhazred posted:

And in the Knick where Thackery takes scabs, crushes them and then inject it into people.

It's weird to think about just how unhygienic and unscientific the medical world was just 100 years ago. The Knick is such a great show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

TV Thought Of The Day: Going into the comments for any clip from Black Dynamite or Boondocks on youtube will quickly prove to you just how right Dave Chappelle was to end Chapelle's Show on "The wrong people are laughing at these jokes," grounds.

oh but he makes fun of everyone equally so it's okay :jerkbag: