Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Give Jeopardy to Andy Richter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Hell, give it to Conan

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Givem it to Weird Al.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Nathan Fielder for Jeopardy.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Charlie Day (as Charlie Kelly) as host of Jeopardy

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

God Hole posted:

Charlie Day (as Charlie Kelly) as host of Jeopardy

I'll take "Bird Law" for $400.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Bean Dad for Jeopardy! Host

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Das Boo posted:

Give Jeopardy to Andy Richter.

we all know the correct choice here

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

That's Joe Rogan.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Ego-bot posted:

That's Joe Rogan.

or Owen Wilson

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ego-bot posted:

That's Joe Rogan.

The Jeopardy host America deserves.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

"Hello, I'm Dan Ryckert and this is Jeopardy."

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Ego-bot posted:

That's Joe Rogan.

Joe would accept any answer given as correct, saying that “fact checking is for bitches”

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008

Kay Kessler posted:

"Hello, I'm Dan Ryckert and this is Jeopardy."

This could be amazing. Everytime he wonders about a fact out loud, the contestants have to try and explain it to him so they can move on. Could be a nice change of pace. New host, new era, new format.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
If they need someone who has game show experience give it to chip Gardner

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Crackbone posted:

Joe would accept any answer given as correct, saying that “fact checking is for bitches”

All answers are valid.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

ruddiger posted:

All answers are valid.

the correct answer is “chimpanzee”

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The first time somebody answered with a question, Joe Rogan would take a big rip off a joint and be like "Whoa, yeah you're right. What is the Suez Canal? What even are canals, if you think about it? What makes a regular river a canal, is it like a creek? Man that's a weird word, creek. Creek. Creek..."

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/nytimesmusic/status/1429071959149719559?s=21

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

pentyne posted:

Given how quickly and hard he was milkshake ducked it's not like any of that was a secret, all the people in the process were probably aware he was an rear end to women they just, like previously mentioned, assumed the audience would gobble it up and not care.

It happened so fast after so little pushback that I’m honestly curious if other people involved knew Richard’s dipshit coup attempt was gonna immediately blew up in his face and just let him do it to get owned on a National platform

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

It's too bad R.Kelly wasn't in the plane instead of her.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
The hip-hop world has a bigger problem with someone being Gay than they do abusers and predators.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DrVenkman posted:

The hip-hop world has a bigger problem with someone being Gay than they do abusers and predators.

This is, unfortunately, true for a lot of organizations many of which are widely supported and extremely powerful (case in point: the Catholic church). Heck, until very recently it was the norm pretty much everywhere for two adults having a loving consensual relationship to be seen has more depraved and taboo than sexually assaulting a minor.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s one of the many reasons you should all support Lil Nas X in his quest to destroy the heteronormative rap paradigm and drive religious conservatives completely insane

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s one of the many reasons you should all support Lil Nas X in his quest to destroy the heteronormative rap paradigm and drive religious conservatives completely insane

Yes! One of the other reasons is because his music is good!

I really respect Lil Nas X and everything he does.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

It's lovely Jeopardy hosts all the way down.

https://twitter.com/ejdickson/status/1430209379563880448

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The Levar Burton strategy:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

but but she was on the nerd show for NERDS!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1430627659566911488?s=20

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

R.Kelly is still a hosed up monster, just in case your forgot: https://www.avclub.com/r-kellys-trial-is-underway-heres-everything-you-need-1847546044

God, it's so hosed up he got acquitted the first time he was accused of sexually assaulting minors despite there being video evidence.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Bye Jeremy.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?

To be fair, she says that she doesn't subscribe to that (she is, however, lovely for other reasons).

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The whole thing sounds like some specific exec at the top just really, really wanted her to be the next host, and when she declined rather then move to other candidates for the full time position they just gave it to the producer and begged her to guest host from time to time.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

pentyne posted:

The whole thing sounds like some specific exec at the top just really, really wanted her to be the next host, and when she declined rather then move to other candidates for the full time position they just gave it to the producer and begged her to guest host from time to time.

This is what happened - TMZ reported on it (TMZ is a tabloid but they get legit scoops). They wanted her from the get go which is totally loving insane. The guest hosts were a ratings stunt.

JaneError posted:

To be fair, she says that she doesn't subscribe to that (she is, however, lovely for other reasons).

As has been pointed out elsewhere it's akin to "many people are saying".

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

“I don’t subscribe to this belief (because it’s a bad look for me) but a lot of my totally reasonable friends do. I just wanted to publicly speak about this opinion that I definitely do not hold.”

I’m just bewildered that she was apparently handpicked for the show. I mean, why her? Is one of the producers a really big BBT fan? I guess she has the outward appearance of being smart, even though it quickly becomes apparent that that is not the case if you look into her a bit more. I don’t think I saw a single genuinely positive reaction to her as host, it was basically all “Who the gently caress is Mike Richards? Well, at least the other one’s ok I guess.”

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

pentyne posted:

It’s funny, I read that situation the opposite way. The producers wanted Richards because he’s their guy but then when bad vibes started to come they thought they needed to get a non-white guy to do something and Bialik was willing to do the prime time specials to get the “ugh a white guy” voices off their back. What they didn’t expect was for Richards to be made even more toxic and for Bialik to to also have some bad beliefs that might reflect poorly on the show. They probably expected to be able to just name Bialik the full host when they decided that Richards had to go but now they have to go through the guest hosting thing again.

It’s not gonna be Burton, as much as he would be good at the job. At this point it’s a combination of already not liking him for it and now the added spite of not wanting to completely give in to fan demands. I also sort of get the impression that there are probably a few powerful people at the top of that chain who don’t like Jennings and wouldn’t want him as full-time host, either because he went and took the job with The Chase or a simple personality clash.

I don’t know if any of the other good guest hosts from the initial run would want the job at this point, I think there’s a bit of a hex on it at the moment. I could see someone like a Dr. Oz wanting it but god if there’s one person in that group worse than Bialik or Richards it’s him, that motherfucker is evil.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

It’s funny, I read that situation the opposite way. The producers wanted Richards because he’s their guy but then when bad vibes started to come they thought they needed to get a non-white guy to do something and Bialik was willing to do the prime time specials to get the “ugh a white guy” voices off their back. What they didn’t expect was for Richards to be made even more toxic and for Bialik to to also have some bad beliefs that might reflect poorly on the show. They probably expected to be able to just name Bialik the full host when they decided that Richards had to go but now they have to go through the guest hosting thing again.

It’s not gonna be Burton, as much as he would be good at the job. At this point it’s a combination of already not liking him for it and now the added spite of not wanting to completely give in to fan demands. I also sort of get the impression that there are probably a few powerful people at the top of that chain who don’t like Jennings and wouldn’t want him as full-time host, either because he went and took the job with The Chase or a simple personality clash.

I don’t know if any of the other good guest hosts from the initial run would want the job at this point, I think there’s a bit of a hex on it at the moment. I could see someone like a Dr. Oz wanting it but god if there’s one person in that group worse than Bialik or Richards it’s him, that motherfucker is evil.

No, TMZ interviewed people and literally none of the guest hosts was approached about taking over. The whole process was specifically to get Bialik and when she couldn't commit to a full schedule they promised her recurring guest host spots while giving the main job to Richards.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

wizardofloneliness posted:

“I don’t subscribe to this belief (because it’s a bad look for me) but a lot of my totally reasonable friends do. I just wanted to publicly speak about this opinion that I definitely do not hold.”

I’m just bewildered that she was apparently handpicked for the show. I mean, why her? Is one of the producers a really big BBT fan? I guess she has the outward appearance of being smart, even though it quickly becomes apparent that that is not the case if you look into her a bit more. I don’t think I saw a single genuinely positive reaction to her as host, it was basically all “Who the gently caress is Mike Richards? Well, at least the other one’s ok I guess.”

Even if she didn't have any baggage she was one of the worst in terms of actually hosting and replacing Trebeck with Blossom is a joke. I didn't think it could get even dumber than it already was but it did.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 26, 2021

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Aaron Rodgers or bust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

loving hell what an rear end in a top hat. It serves as a sharp and grim reminder that it's not about sex to a predator, it's very much about power.