Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

OnimaruXLR posted:

that's a dungeon crawler!
Would the Visual novel Database lie to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I guess the cost of localizating all the text was just not worth it compared to potential sales of an outdated VN.
Or maybe they lost the sources or something who knows.

Hope springs eternal for this new release.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Meanwhile âge took a look at the Muv Luv kickstarter and declared that if the West desires Muv Luv, then they will personally see to it they get all Muv Luv.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
https://twitter.com/ToastCrust/status/1430632708976254976

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
According to what I've read no one at Type-Moon has any idea what has and hasn't been localized in english

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

According to what I've read no one at Type-Moon has any idea what has and hasn't been localized in english

yeah when fate grand order was coming out in english one of the aniplex guys was doing an interview and the conversation literally went

Interviewer: It's nice to see a fate project getting an official release.
Aniplex guy: You guys got Fate/Extra CCC, didn't you?
Interviewer: No, only the original Fate/Extra.
Aniplex guy: Huh. Well, I'm sure the original VN wasn't very popular, but -
Interviewer: No, we never got that, either, just the various anime adaptations.
Aniplex: Huh.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So does this mean we need to launch an Operation Rainfall type campaign then to get the Remake in English.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Group shot of the Dead Apostle Ancestors.
Finally something harmless I can post. It's not "really" a spoiler since it's only the silhouettes of 12 of them.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
That seems lovecraftian.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

YggdrasilTM posted:

Group shot of the Dead Apostle Ancestors.
Finally something harmless I can post. It's not "really" a spoiler since it's only the silhouettes of 12 of them.

The one on the right has got to be ORT, so what's the one on the left?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

No idea.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/1431006842054864905

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sacchin.....?:qq:

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Tweet seems to have been deleted whatever it was, but I wish people would stop linking that guy honestly.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Isn't it sad

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

taser rates posted:

Tweet seems to have been deleted whatever it was, but I wish people would stop linking that guy honestly.

The sequel will be titled Tsukihime: The Other Side of Red Garden and will include the Satsuki route. #tsukihime #tsukihimespoilers
Tsukihime: The Other Side of Red Garden preview visuals #tsukihime #tsukihimespoilers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9v0eUsUcAgd9ci.jpg:orig
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9v0eyOVIAAKB3U.jpg:orig
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9v0f1GVkAE-AnM.jpg:orig

Also what's wrong with him?

E: it's sequel info fyi

Kyte fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 27, 2021

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

karoshi's only problem is feeding into the dumb 'fgo sucks' memes

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I'm not going to look at whatever that is, but Kars is representative of the worst facets of western TM fandom to me imo and one of the reasons I actively avoid engaging with it. I almost never see him actually like stuff, just nonstop negativity. And I don't mean that in the way that TM is free of all faults or whatever because I have my criticisms of them, but when you're so relentlessly negative that you're basically indistinguishable from an anti, dunno maybe it's time to rethink being a fan of a thing.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah Kars is frustrating because they're great at providing updates and new information and such, but the negativity gets to be a bit much.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

kars can be kinda dumb but the bar for "worst Western TM fans" is set waaaay above that. Even discounting the most obvious actual scumbags the subset of people who obsessively poo poo on TM contributors over things like awkward art pieces or stories from up to 5+ years ago while dismissing their entire independent careers are way worse.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I'm fairly certain I've seen him do just those things, though I'm not going to go look now. Anyways, i didn't say he was the literal worst fan, just the most visible face.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

taser rates posted:

I'm not going to look at whatever that is, but Kars is representative of the worst facets of western TM fandom to me imo and one of the reasons I actively avoid engaging with it. I almost never see him actually like stuff, just nonstop negativity. And I don't mean that in the way that TM is free of all faults or whatever because I have my criticisms of them, but when you're so relentlessly negative that you're basically indistinguishable from an anti, dunno maybe it's time to rethink being a fan of a thing.

its spoilers from the very end of tsuki remake. hella funny to just drop onto twitter when you obviously heard about the spoiler moratorium.

kars isn't the worst but the dissonance between Type Moon News account and how they act can be embarrassing to insufferable. i think with how english TM fandom is they are emblematic of it, like people are generally pretty flippant servant card spoilers for example so im sure for them its like "well everyones going to post these around anyways so i might as well do it first for the most clout"

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

im the spoiler hater and i don't see how 'confirmation they're working on the second part of the remake they had discussed working on' is a spoiler

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
its not a traditional spoiler but its very obviously supposed to be a reward at the end for the people currently playing through it. it's a very impactful teaser that comes from 100% completion. how do you think seeing that feels for someone who's 5 hours into the game.and TM put a timed moratorium on social media spoilers. kars knows the jp to know that they asked and chose to ignore it. it would literally only be two weeks for them to wait this out.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

nah. you're being a baby

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
like i don't care about reading it myself, that's the not the point and ive already looked up stuff that looks cool. im just saying people running huge twitter accounts for fan resources ought to be more mindful of everyone instead of just tweeting out the big-RT content as much as possible.

what difference would it make to the english fanbase if you wait two weeks for people reading it to get the experience type moon wanted to set aside for them, instead of big clout twitter accounts disseminating endgame CGs and tons of en accounts going "holy poo poo hype!!!" while most people actually reading it are still just meeting the chars in day 1

but this is all just chalked up to modern social media being an eternal pain so what can you do really.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/tetsuharu0402/status/1430836702298349574?s=19

https://twitter.com/dreamcasthime/status/1431132247302844417?s=19

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Well, sorry, I thought that was just a normal PV, not a secret bonus video you unlock from the game. I apologize.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
Seems like the main take away is as a franchise Fate continued to be a massive black hole of time and attention from its sheer continued profitability?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Do they talk about what on went on between the announcement in 2008 and 2012 with TsukiRe exactly?

Like I'd have to imagine stuff like Fate/Extra and Mahoyo took up time there too, but I wonder what the specifics there are exactly.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/Redheadreplica/status/1431989541355900939?s=20

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
"white woman spotted" tohno shiki

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hes right

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Are they not removing the... The you know, from the Remake like they did with the PSP port of FSN?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The console VN does not have explicit sexual content, no.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The remake announcement was what, about 12 and a half years ago now?

They only needed to wait a couple of more years to beat Duke.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Are they not removing the... The you know, from the Remake like they did with the PSP port of FSN?

you can say gently caress.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Acerbatus posted:

you can say gently caress.

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's an AI translation, meaning it compares the text to similar text elsewhere. The sentence in Japanese is just something like "she was completely captivated by it" and the AI just assumed that "it" was a penis because I guess that's pretty common in its library.