Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It should also be noted that Cruise doing his own stunts is “good for the production” because it means they don’t have to pay stunt doubles and it’s actually kind of lovely for Cruise to be stealing their work.

:shrug:

No, that's not how any of this works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Won't somebody please think about the 5'7" stunt doubles?!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

oh jay posted:

Won't somebody please think about the 5'7" stunt doubles?!

And they still have to digitally shrink him to make you think it's Cruise.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Am I suffering from Deja-vu, or wasn't this exact stunt with the bike from that ridiculous ramp in the news last year already?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Combat Pretzel posted:

Am I suffering from Deja-vu, or wasn't this exact stunt with the bike from that ridiculous ramp in the news last year already?

That was a stunt double. He's now unemployed and on food stamps because of arrogant thrill seeking movie stars.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Nah, it was in the news September 2020 already. Everyone's just yapping about it again due footage shown at CinemaCon.

I want to see the movie solely to hear the story reason as to why there's a loving useless ramp in the middle of nowhere. At least I'd expect it to be part of the movie, because if it's just a stupid jump they're cutting to, a stuntman would have done just fine.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Turns out that Kevin can continue to gently caress himself.

(Kevin Can gently caress Himself renewed for s2)

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Cruise taking jobs from stunt people reminds me of how Russel T Davies said he refused the chance to do a background cameo in his last Doctor Who episode because it would take a job from a hypothetical extra.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They're called Background Artists, thanks.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Chairman Capone posted:

Cruise taking jobs from stunt people reminds me of how Russel T Davies said he refused the chance to do a background cameo in his last Doctor Who episode because it would take a job from a hypothetical extra.

I did like his story about when he take taxis, the drivers would ask him what he did for a living, and when he replied that he worked on Doctor Who, the drivers would inevitably ask "Oh, you play one of the monsters?" (Russell T Davies stands six-foot-six)

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 27, 2021

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Chairman Capone posted:

Truly a hero lol :patriot:

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Chairman Capone posted:

Conan O'Brien is a job stealing monster. Shame.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Pen15 is back but they're only releasing weekly? Boo!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Good new episode but the animation was pretty cheap and bad. It worked for the central concept of the episode/the way Maya and Anna looked but otherwise was p. ugly

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The creators of American Vandal after making a mockumentary series based around an eSports team.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/27/22645190/paramount-plus-players-american-vandal-creators

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
With all the talk I started re-watching The Good Fight, Is it just me or is Rose Leslie not a good actor?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Oasx posted:

With all the talk I started re-watching The Good Fight, Is it just me or is Rose Leslie not a good actor?

She's a good actor, IMO. I've always liked her.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Open Source Idiom posted:

She's a good actor, IMO. I've always liked her.

I realize that an actor can only do so much if a character isn't written well or interesting. But I have seen her in GoT, Downton Abbey and The Good Fight, and I just find her bland in all of them.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Oasx posted:

I realize that an actor can only do so much if a character isn't written well or interesting. But I have seen her in GoT, Downton Abbey and The Good Fight, and I just find her bland in all of them.

Like I said, I think she's great -- though in two of those shows she was hampered by poor writing.

I thought she was great in Utopia and Echo as well, both of which made use of her natural chilliness to great effect.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

bull3964 posted:

The creators of American Vandal after making a mockumentary series based around an eSports team.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/27/22645190/paramount-plus-players-american-vandal-creators

still salty they didn't get a season 3. The Turdburgler was a villain on par with Thanos.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

lol I had no idea She's All That was a cultural touchstone

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Is he... An Oblivion npc?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

bull3964 posted:

Fantastic news! Netflix was insane for canceling American Vandal.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Chubby Henparty posted:

Is he... An Oblivion npc?

Addison Tanner approaches

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

muscles like this! posted:

Turns out that Kevin can continue to gently caress himself.

(Kevin Can gently caress Himself renewed for s2)

This makes me very happy. I think there were some problems with the show but I love the concept and am pumped to see where they take it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Medullah posted:

This makes me very happy. I think there were some problems with the show but I love the concept and am pumped to see where they take it.

Agreed. I definitely want to know what's gonna happen now that the one character is in the dark world.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1431555440740085763

I'm calling for the immediate deportation of James Corden

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm not a violent man normally, but let's just say I'm glad I wasn't in their position where a decision might have had to have been made in my brain.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Medullah posted:

I'm not a violent man normally, but let's just say I'm glad I wasn't in their position where a decision might have had to have been made in my brain.

You know stuff on TV isn't real, right? LIke even "Reality TV", or ESPECIALLY "Reality TV" isn't real?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sekhmnet posted:

You know stuff on TV isn't real, right? LIke even "Reality TV", or ESPECIALLY "Reality TV" isn't real?

YOU'RE NOT MY DAD

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

gently caress it, we're rewatching Cowboy Bebop over here in preparation for the live-action thing:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3977828

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mu Zeta posted:

lol I had no idea She's All That was a cultural touchstone

Am I crazy or do these two totally look like they could pass for siblings? I guess its the eyebrows and the hair.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

Am I crazy or do these two totally look like they could pass for siblings? I guess its the eyebrows and the hair.

There's a fun Instagram called "Siblings or dating" that really makes you sweat sometimes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess just watching a lot of a canceled show on streaming actually works as Netflix has reached a deal for a final season of Manifest.

https://deadline.com/2021/08/manifest-saved-renewed-season-4-netflix-cast-josh-dallas-melissa-roxburgh-return-1234823691/

20 episodes, released in multiple parts.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

muscles like this! posted:

I guess just watching a lot of a canceled show on streaming actually works as Netflix has reached a deal for a final season of Manifest.

https://deadline.com/2021/08/manifest-saved-renewed-season-4-netflix-cast-josh-dallas-melissa-roxburgh-return-1234823691/

20 episodes, released in multiple parts.

Did anybody here actually watch this? It feels like it's been in the top 5 of Netflix for like 3 months, but I only recall a couple comments that it sucked

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I didn't because I am tired of starting network genre shows that get canceled before they can tell their story.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
My mother watched both Manifest AND Debris, and I cannot be convinced otherwise that those shows aren’t actually one in the same.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

There is so much good TV on nowadays I'm with the other guy. I can't start shows that may end on cliffhangers.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

GreenNight posted:

There is so much good TV on nowadays I'm with the other guy. I can't start shows that may end on cliffhangers.

yeah same. i didn't watch debris even though it sounded right up my alley :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Aardvark! posted:

Did anybody here actually watch this? It feels like it's been in the top 5 of Netflix for like 3 months, but I only recall a couple comments that it sucked

My wife works full time from home still and she watched all of it. I watched enough to know it is trash, and my wife would even agree it is not that good. I think what you are seeing is people working from home (lots of background watching) are running out of poo poo to watch