Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

There's a few BONES mecha that have been in maybe a single game and no other, and a ton more that haven't been in any.

when's xam'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

SpaceDrake posted:

It is weird as hell that RahXephon never got touched again after MX, though. :thunk:

Did it even come back for XO? I wonder if that soundtrack is a bear to license.

It was in Scramble Commander 2! :pseudo:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

It is weird as hell that RahXephon never got touched again after MX, though. :thunk:

Did it even come back for XO? I wonder if that soundtrack is a bear to license.

Doesn't look like it was.

So, yeah. Odd how little it's shown up.

Me, I want to see Diebuster again, and to get IBO in a mainline entry instead of a Gacha. Don't think it's too unlikely, either. Just a minor disappointment that 30's another delay for Iron Blooded Orphans.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Has Escaflowne ever been tapped for this?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Has Escaflowne ever been tapped for this?

Compact 3 and X-Omega

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

chiasaur11 posted:

get IBO in a mainline entry instead of a Gacha. Don't think it's too unlikely, either. Just a minor disappointment that 30's another delay for Iron Blooded Orphans.

I want IBO and 86 to debut in the same game, and I want IBO to be the bad future that results if something happens to Lena.

Come to think of it, how many robot anime have the enemy be out of control murderbots? I feel like it's fewer than you'd expect. Has Bubblegum Crisis been in SRW yet?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Inferno-sama posted:

Compact 3 and X-Omega

naruhodo

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

Doesn't look like it was.

So, yeah. Odd how little it's shown up.

Me, I want to see Diebuster again, and to get IBO in a mainline entry instead of a Gacha. Don't think it's too unlikely, either. Just a minor disappointment that 30's another delay for Iron Blooded Orphans.

Gundam SEED Destiny isn't super good or anything but you can very easily do exceptionally worse in mecha anime.

IBO I'm pretty sure will eventually get one game and then never used again like most Gundams. Of course, DD might be counted as that 'one game'. It does feel like it might be hard to work into a game with UC Gundam as a basis, and UC Gundam is pretty much always the basis. Since outside of Zeta and Unicorn, the protagonists are pretty strictly working for the Federation and IBO is about rebelling against the Federation. So if you want IBO and UC Gundam, you probably end up having to do the "multiple dimensions" route and they seem less keen on making that a major thing these days. Like VTX does have dimensional stuff, but it is... very downplayed. V and X has basically no back and forth between dimensions.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Kchama posted:

Gundam SEED Destiny isn't super good or anything but you can very easily do exceptionally worse in mecha anime.

IBO I'm pretty sure will eventually get one game and then never used again like most Gundams. Of course, DD might be counted as that 'one game'. It does feel like it might be hard to work into a game with UC Gundam as a basis, and UC Gundam is pretty much always the basis. Since outside of Zeta and Unicorn, the protagonists are pretty strictly working for the Federation and IBO is about rebelling against the Federation. So if you want IBO and UC Gundam, you probably end up having to do the "multiple dimensions" route and they seem less keen on making that a major thing these days. Like VTX does have dimensional stuff, but it is... very downplayed. V and X has basically no back and forth between dimensions.

Okay, you're right about X, and T had no real dimension jumping (outside of getting to Byston Well/Cephiro and then leaving), but V had two route splits where one group went to the AD Dimension and the rest stayed in the UC Dimension.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kchama posted:

IBO I'm pretty sure will eventually get one game and then never used again like most Gundams.
Of course, DD might be counted as that 'one game'. It does feel like it might be hard to work into a game with UC Gundam as a basis, and UC Gundam is pretty much always the basis. Since outside of Zeta and Unicorn, the protagonists are pretty strictly working for the Federation and IBO is about rebelling against the Federation. So if you want IBO and UC Gundam, you probably end up having to do the "multiple dimensions" route and they seem less keen on making that a major thing these days. Like VTX does have dimensional stuff, but it is... very downplayed. V and X has basically no back and forth between dimensions.

Eh?

Looking at the Akurasu list, that mostly applies to weird spin-off mangas and novels. Most of the full shows (00, Wing, SEED, X, G, Turn A) have multiple appearances, even if you ignore the multi-game runs like Z.

The exceptions are AGE and G-Reco, which were both comparatively unpopular with SRW's core demographics. Meanwhile, Iron Blooded Orphans is a pretty solid success.

Seems odd to assume it'll be one and done with the cell phone game being its only showing.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If anything it feels like having a popular Gundam with a lot of potential units that could be on its own would be kind of a feature as far as this series goes, especially for the coming future.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

chiasaur11 posted:

Eh?

Looking at the Akurasu list, that mostly applies to weird spin-off mangas and novels. Most of the full shows (00, Wing, SEED, X, G, Turn A) have multiple appearances, even if you ignore the multi-game runs like Z.

The exceptions are AGE and G-Reco, which were both comparatively unpopular with SRW's core demographics. Meanwhile, Iron Blooded Orphans is a pretty solid success.

Seems odd to assume it'll be one and done with the cell phone game being its only showing.

To be fair, it took a long rear end time for X and Turn A to get more appearances

To be even fairer that's because they're both post apocalyptic and thus hard to slot in, though.

Also it's a bit interesting to go "G-Reco only gets one outing" when there's literally been one game since it's first one, with a grand total of two if you count 30

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Supremezero posted:

To be fair, it took a long rear end time for X and Turn A to get more appearances

To be even fairer that's because they're both post apocalyptic and thus hard to slot in, though.

Also it's a bit interesting to go "G-Reco only gets one outing" when there's literally been one game since it's first one, with a grand total of two if you count 30

Didn't they have X in SRW R, which isn't a game with a post apocalyptic setting

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
G-Reco feels a bit hard to slot in with other things too. I guess you could have alien-fighting one-off super robots.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

IBO feels like it could fit with Zeta pretty well story wise, other than the lost era tech stuff, which would work good with X or G-Reco or A. Combine it with Gargantua and Expelled From Paradise and Xabungle. :getin:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think you're all thinking way too hard on this. If they're given a list of series, they will always find a way.

Alpha had zeta to victory going on all at the same time.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Tae posted:

I think you're all thinking way too hard on this. If they're given a list of series, they will always find a way.

To be fair, Alpha also had Macross DYRL and Plus at the same time, resulting in the walking time paradox that was Guld

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Tae posted:

The difference is they have to work with what they are given, us fans with our concepts due to not having that particular restriction should put the effort in when coming up with these ideas

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Inferno-sama posted:

Okay, you're right about X, and T had no real dimension jumping (outside of getting to Byston Well/Cephiro and then leaving), but V had two route splits where one group went to the AD Dimension and the rest stayed in the UC Dimension.

That's what I consider downplayed without much back and forth compared to, say, the Z series where everything is fused together as part of the plot.

chiasaur11 posted:

Eh?

Wing and G are the AUs that get used the most. I don't really count SEED since SEED is usually used in lieu of UC. Since they brought back UC, SEED's gone away pretty much completely. Hell, even though SEED was THE most popular Gundam at the time they still only used it a grand total of twice.

There's been 5 games since G-Reco came out, and only has been in once. 8 since AGE. IBO's had three chances and didn't even get into 30. So I wouldn't be surprise if it was a one and done for a long whole outside of DD. I feel like, unless they want to make a setting just for IBO without any/much UC or other Gundam, they likely won't be using it much. It feels like a waste of it otherwise. And there's not really an easy source to use like 00 or Wing's movies, which is why both have been mainstays for a while.

Tae posted:

IIRC, that was explicitly because they were just given a list of every UC Gundam and told to jam them all in after they had already written the plot.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 28, 2021

Reiska
Oct 14, 2013

Kchama posted:

I don't really count SEED since SEED is usually used in lieu of UC. Since they brought back UC, SEED's gone away pretty much completely. Hell, even though SEED was THE most popular Gundam at the time they still only used it a grand total of twice.

Uhh, no. Unless you're not counting SEED Destiny, which *to me* definitely still counts as using SEED since it repeats much of the same cast. You're correct that they don't use original SEED much anymore, but they use SEED Destiny all the time relatively. All told, Cosmic Era Gundam appears in Alpha 3, J, W, Z, K, L, Z2.1, Z2.2, UX, Z3.1, Z3.2, and V. That's twelve appearances, seven of which it appeared alongside UC.

You say that they use Wing more but I'm not even sure that's true, and anyway, you're counting "uses Endless Waltz" as "uses Wing", so you have to count "uses Seed Destiny" or "uses Stargazer" or "uses Seed Astray" as "uses Seed" because otherwise they've used Wing, uh, twice? Because it's almost always just Endless Waltz.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Kchama posted:

There's been 5 games since G-Reco came out, and only has been in once. 8 since AGE. IBO's had three chances and didn't even get into 30. So I wouldn't be surprise if it was a one and done for a long whole outside of DD.

Given the kind of time gap we normally get after a show's completion for licensing, planning, and game dev time if nothing else, I can't imagine IBO could have got into anything earlier than T, and clearly they decided that its debut would be better as a thing to highlight DD. 30 seems to be going for a generally classic heroic kind of line-up, so IBO would be an awkward fit if they wanted to give it the kind of focus a popular series' first big outing normally gets.

G-Reco wasn't a smash hit, it's not shocking that it hasn't had more appearances so far. It could definitely fit into future games, though, because all it really demands is that there's people on the moon, the Capital Territory exists, and there was war long ago. I imagine that at this point they might be waiting for the movies to wrap up so they can use any new content in them and get new debuts out of it.

AGE... is AGE. It could have fitted into V, or like anything it could have been part of X's isekai setup, but there doesn't seem to be the demand.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
I seem to recall that G-Reco was in X specifically due to winning some kind of popularity contest or something, which probably stings like hell for its fans considering its treatment due to the crazy rushed pace of the trilogy at the time.

wdarkk posted:

Come to think of it, how many robot anime have the enemy be out of control murderbots? I feel like it's fewer than you'd expect.
Can't wait for MD Geist II: The Death Force in SRW

quote:

Has Bubblegum Crisis been in SRW yet?
Nope. Shame X-Omega died before that could happen

(also I'm pretty sure that franchise is completely forgotten in Japan anyway)

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

wdarkk posted:

I want IBO and 86 to debut in the same game, and I want IBO to be the bad future that results if something happens to Lena.

Come to think of it, how many robot anime have the enemy be out of control murderbots? I feel like it's fewer than you'd expect. Has Bubblegum Crisis been in SRW yet?

Monkey's paw continues to curl as Bubblegum Crisis* finally makes it into a SRW game.

*light novel version.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what im taking from this conversation is jesus we need more SRW games without uc gundam

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sadly the weird offshoot cast list games have been replaced by mobage due to a lack of handheld consoles to put those games on. rip to HEROMAN.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Endorph posted:

what im taking from this conversation is jesus we need more SRW games without uc gundam

I should go play Neo again.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Still waiting for Tekkaman Blade to return someday. If Big O made the jump from handheld only to console, everyone can!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

I love Judau too much, unless we have a game where the only UC series represented is ZZ Gundam, and the rest of the Gundam series are AU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Endorph posted:

We really do. Or at least, if we absolutely must have UC Gundam, remove Zeta and especially CCA. Even if at least T did something new with it, it's still Amuro vs Char for the millionth loving time.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Blaze Dragon posted:

We really do. Or at least, if we absolutely must have UC Gundam, remove Zeta and especially CCA. Even if at least T did something new with it, it's still Amuro vs Char for the millionth loving time.

Clearly the solution is to do the entirety of ZZ Gundam and nothing else for UC Gundam, because Judau is best boy. That and do the actual loving plot of Crossbone Gundam like in Alpha 2

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Checking my notes here the numbers says that Kamille is in fact the best boy and should be in every game and that they should unlock finishers again so I can put Haman in the Zeta and Waverider Crash people.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
as a not-really-fan of gundam yeah ditch amuro and char* but haman / judau / kamille can stay. at least do something else for the occasional game. they've made SRW without getter but they ain't gonna make it without gundam.

*especially char

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
who tf are these gundam boys, bring in all the IPs that Classic BattleTech co-opted back in the day and give me a MechWarrior Wars

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Light Gun Man posted:

as a not-really-fan of gundam yeah ditch amuro and char* but haman / judau / kamille can stay. at least do something else for the occasional game. they've made SRW without getter but they ain't gonna make it without gundam.

*especially char

SRW exists in no small part as a Gundam promotional vehicle and part of the wider Gundam Video Game Strategy™. There will absolutely never be an SRW without any Gundam, especially with Bamco owning Banpresto outright now.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I just want the OYW era to feature again. When was the last time, A Portable?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

That mostly just gives us CE Gundam instead, which I cannot endorse in good conscience.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

Yeah, AP was most recent. GC if you don't count a remake.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
What about OE?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kitfox88 posted:

OE I believe, GC before that if we don't count remakes like AP or XO

So yeah while it's nice that we're getting at least some OYW stuff in 30 we are really overdue for a game with a heavy OYW focus, especially if it doesn't include any Zeta onward UC series or any AU series and is extremely careful with what other Real Robot series it includes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Alacron posted:

What about OE?

We don't talk about OE.