Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Antlerhill posted:

seriously though my neck has been killing me all week and i've slept like poo poo every night

Wtf are you my alt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
whoa i need to be in on this 2

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
almost every day around 2:00 or so i have this huge energy crash and I can’t concentrate for poo poo and become very depressed. sometimes it clears up after about four hours or so. not fun!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

President Beep posted:

almost every day around 2:00 or so i have this huge energy crash and I can’t concentrate for poo poo and become very depressed. sometimes it clears up after about four hours or so. not fun!

are you eating a bunch of sugar for breakfast

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mediaphage posted:

are you eating a bunch of sugar for breakfast

eh, sometimes. yeah. i assumed eating lunch would negate the sugar crash thing though. is that wrong?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
there are three phenomenon that probably all occur
but a lot of people assume it’s only the first one

carb crashes

large meals

most people get mid arvo energy slump anyway (siesta cultures obv worked this out centuries ago and embrace it rather than push thru it)

there’s a hypothesis that large amounts of carbs mean your body then has to dump a lot of insulin in the body which can lower blood sugars and blah blah there’s probably something in here because carbs defo do this to a lot of people, but the effect isn’t as strong or simple as anti-carb people will say

also large meals in of themselves put the body into a rest and digest mode where energy is diverted to the GI system to digest food and it’s kind of your bodies cycle (you can easily see this in large predator animals that embody the feast/famine dichotomy)

so even large low-carb meals can make ya tired

less carbs is usually always better in general unless
you’re training for something and smaller meals might be necessary to avoid the tiredness regardless

also you got family history of diabetes? coz i get those energy crashes worse than anyone else I know and I can look back at my pre-diagnosed days and remember feeling SOOOO exhausted - not tired - at that time of the day

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

nope, no diabetes that i know of. my diet isn’t great but it could be worse. it’s weird, because some days I’ll mysteriously feel “normal” all day.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

President Beep posted:

nope, no diabetes that i know of. my diet isn’t great but it could be worse. it’s weird, because some days I’ll mysteriously feel “normal” all day.

so you should really consider keeping a food diary. nothing too serious wrt calories or whatever. just on a daily basis for a while keep a little spreadsheet with what you eat and how much sleep you got the night before

then on days where you feel the crash, make a note. after a few weeks you may have enough data to draw some conclusions (is it just literally being tired? are you eating a doughnut? a big lunch? not enough food?)

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my wife and I cut cut up, split and stacked a whole tree.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mediaphage posted:

so you should really consider keeping a food diary. nothing too serious wrt calories or whatever. just on a daily basis for a while keep a little spreadsheet with what you eat and how much sleep you got the night before

then on days where you feel the crash, make a note. after a few weeks you may have enough data to draw some conclusions (is it just literally being tired? are you eating a doughnut? a big lunch? not enough food?)

I’m gonna start tomorrow. good idea.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

That’s cool what are you gonna do with the wood

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

burn it.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

it’s tiring work

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

just another day on the ranch

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
here in nz we don’t have ranch dressing and if you said ranch dressing someone else would just think you were talking about what moocow wears on the farm

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it’ll get there someday, and when it does it’ll take over. mark my words.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i like ranch dressing a lot, but i just make it fresh with sour cream and buttermilk instead of the stuff that's basically mayo with powdered herbs

echinopsis posted:

here in nz we don’t have ranch dressing and if you said ranch dressing someone else would just think you were talking about what moocow wears on the farm

https://www.worldfoodsnz.com/shop/aefyxb1ftc67wzzi2j4l9mysz93366

30 bucks for a gallon

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ew lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it’s bliiiisssssss

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
come taste the pleasures of the hidden valley

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

mediaphage posted:

i like ranch dressing a lot, but i just make it fresh with sour cream and buttermilk instead of the stuff that's basically mayo with powdered herbs

https://www.worldfoodsnz.com/shop/aefyxb1ftc67wzzi2j4l9mysz93366

30 bucks for a gallon

30 bucks for a what?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

30 bucks for a what?

don’t start

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
op I just learned that I'm anemic

might explain some of that unreasonable fatigue

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

ok I’ll head back out to my “ranch”

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Post your axe

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Those are nice and all (I’ve got a chainsaw coming my way on Monday) but what about the axe you used to split?? Or did you cheat and use a new-fangled contraption invented in the last 100 years

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
the golden age of piss

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol turn on your monitor

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Fortaleza posted:

Those are nice and all (I’ve got a chainsaw coming my way on Monday) but what about the axe you used to split?? Or did you cheat and use a new-fangled contraption invented in the last 100 years

ahh yeah got a splitter that hooks up to the tractor’s hydraulics. mate of mine made it works good

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

i got tested for that. dead end.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
could have just-hosed-for-no-good-reason disease

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

old fart

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

could have just-hosed-for-no-good-reason disease

unknown etiology syndrome

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

idiopathic alligator disease

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

“lumbago”

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
one of the best parts of life is having the desire and the ability to sleep at the same time, it's so good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah tired sucks but at least I can sleep when I lie down thank gently caress 🥵

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

eat some red meat op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
my girlfriend doesnt let me eat meat in front of her, op. she said it’s like watching someone eat turds (her words)

gonna have to just sneak out and take a bite out of a cow or something