Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Cat Face Joe posted:

gonna swim for it, huh?

been in and out all day. it’s. late afternoon now so the water is warm like a bath tub it’s great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Captain Foo posted:

c cjs s: just bought a 32" curved monitor

how do you like it? I currently use two 19” monitors but one big one might be cool.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

President Beep posted:

Tori! Tori! Tori!
Torigawa Shortgunate

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Torigawa Shortgunate

:vince:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Torigawa Shortgunate

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ive been saying pittsubagu and giggling for like 10 mins now

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Nice!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that actually is really awesome. i'm trying to find a similar painting of where i grew up. i really hope i can find one

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

how do you like it? I currently use two 19” monitors but one big one might be cool.

i'm enjoying it so far!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Torigawa Shortgunate

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i have two 1080p monitors, one of which i dumpster dived from an office building

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I love my bigass curved monitor. It’s completely gratuitous and I don’t need this much screen at all

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Dell has this 38" thing thats 3840x1600 which is rad but its $1300. id get it if i didnt already have a 30" 2560x1600 monitor

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

prefect posted:

nothing sounds more racist than those weird loanwords or whatever they're called ("pinku")

The Wikipedia page for the PlayStation used to clarify that in Japan it is called the Pureisuteshon

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybrTlJOOBas

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

there was a time when I would’ve totally disregarded a curved monitor but the way i have my two set up that’s essentially what I’m doing.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fortaleza posted:

I love my bigass curved monitor. It’s completely gratuitous and I don’t need this much screen at all

Last summer to teach from home I got a curved ultrawide 144hz screen and oh man. Everything else just loving sucks now.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I would really like a single curved ultra wide but I need one that does dual display and they’re stupid expensive so two monitors it’ll be

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i was lookin at 4k's last night. i do a vertical stack though so its gotta be just the right size

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I went with a 49” ultra wide, it’s ridiculous. So many emacs buffers and terminal panes all at once…

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

real talk I'm surprised we haven't seen any headlines about a baby boom starting about nine months after the beginning of covid lockdowns. it's been almost a year since then and I genuinely expected people to have been rawdoggin' it more

my wife works as a nurse neonatal care

they offered a gig that was full time hours plus a $3,000 bonus and $53/hr extra on top of overtime because they had 850 deliveries scheduled this summer instead of the usual 300 or so

I have no idea why this isn’t covered in the news at all

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I have no idea why this isn’t covered in the news at all

the worst possible thing for their "LaBoR sHoRtAgE" right now would be to push stories about the places that actually are paying fat. makes all the hardware stores and burger joints whining that NobOdY wAnTs tO wOrK look bad, and those are the ones that vote

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Achmed Jones posted:

little jones requested "daddy's special curry" for dinner tonight cause we're having a weekend without ms jones

feels good

whenever the missus works me and the kids go and get Thai or sushi or biryani and some times we’ll make tikka masala or vindaloo :3:

it rules

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ok I think I’m caught up now

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

the worst possible thing for their "LaBoR sHoRtAgE" right now would be to push stories about the places that actually are paying fat. makes all the hardware stores and burger joints whining that NobOdY wAnTs tO wOrK look bad, and those are the ones that vote

I started reminding people that the pandemic killed almost 700k people and if even only 50-100k of those people were grannies who worked the morning shift at Macca’s or Taco Bell to keep busy (all of the fast food chains around here have a few of those around here) then that’s a significant labour shortage right there

and we all know they weren’t working just to keep busy :sigh:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
:rip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5DqB0cv8uw
:(

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
more like ed assner

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Apr 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/banditelli/status/1432040414685511680

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

whenever the missus works me and the kids go and get Thai or sushi or biryani and some times we’ll make tikka masala or vindaloo :3:

it rules

is she on nights? my wife was until out oldest was about three. i always thought it was a real bummer.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

is she on nights? my wife was until out oldest was about three. i always thought it was a real bummer.
this mf said out oldest

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Kenny Logins posted:

this mf said out oldest

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

what is even happening

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

what is even happening
How's yout oldest doing

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

big grink energy itt

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Get his rear end!!!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i like how

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

we're out of epsom salts so i used ma jones's body wash to make a bubble bath. it's pretty nice

Apr 7, 2003

Enjoying my porch for the three minutes that it’s tolerable in the summer between relentless sun and a rainstorm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

nice knees!!