Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Hamhandler posted:

It's definitely intellectually lazy moral cowardice,

So two things:
First
I dont think of it that way.

Fans are fanatics. Fanhood isn't the best as intellectual exercise but an emotional one.

That's why I'm never one to abandon my team. The loyalty to it in spite of its poo poo is partially the point imo.

Second

I am actively hoping they do get Watson because this thread will be even better. The poo poo talk will just be so great.

The anti-vax Bills, the rapist employing Dolphins, and two teams possibly starting rookie QBs its going to be lit in this division so nows not the time to hop off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think this thread will just be depressing if/when the trade happens. Dolfans will be despondent and will either emotionally check out or disappear from the thread entirely.

Bills, Jets, and Patriots fans will all have to confront a new reality where Miami is basically a perma contender.

No one here wins!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Agreed.

Though karma being karma and the Dolphins being the Dolphins Watson would get both acls done the first snap of the season

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fsif posted:

I think this thread will just be depressing if/when the trade happens. Dolfans will be despondent and will either emotionally check out or disappear from the thread entirely.

Bills, Jets, and Patriots fans will all have to confront a new reality where Miami is basically a perma contender.

No one here wins!

Getting a QB isn't like Madden where you just plug in people there's going to be an adjustment period assuming he's even allowed to play.

The Dolphins fans that leave I get it everyone has a level where it crosses the line. I hope they stay because I love the Dolphins fans here as much as I hate the Dolphins.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

tarbrush posted:

Watson would get both acls done the first snap of the season
Good

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Selective moral superiority is what the USA is founded on tho.

I’ll still go to games.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

pasaluki posted:

Getting a QB isn't like Madden where you just plug in people there's going to be an adjustment period assuming he's even allowed to play.

I don't get the point you're trying to make. It's possible that Watson's impact wouldn't be fully felt in 2021 because of a looming suspension and an unfamiliarity with the offense, but he'd pretty likely be up to speed by the postseason and will certainly be a problem from 2022 on.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hamhandler posted:

I'll still watch my stupid football team if they trade for Watson.

It's definitely intellectually lazy moral cowardice, but I don't think my behavior is going to make him being appropriately punished more or less likely, and I'm already out there directly or indirectly funding or otherwise supporting a rogue's gallery of more obscure sex pests, domestic abusers, NFL owners, etc. out there giving themselves brain damage for my entertainment on a weekly basis.

That's OK, I'll still keep drinking that garbage, etc.

I haven't really thought about it in those terms. For me it's just personally too far. It's not like a rotational defensive tackle with a DUI. It's face of your franchise who touches the ball every play who has more than 20 credible accusations of sexual misconduct against him.

I'm not gonna look down on anyone who continues to root for the team. I just personally couldn't look at his creepy rear end all the time.

All I want is for Flores to come out tonight and say Tua is the guy and we're not looking to trade for any other quarterbacks.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Go on…

https://twitter.com/jayglazer/status/1432040445354278915?s=21

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1432041433150676996?t=uexXYXpKrNb-OVXLf1aG9A&s=19

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Sure why not. Great AFCE Incest too

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

We're entering a brave new world where players are relieved to be traded to the Jets.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Good trade.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1432042316332769285?s=20

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah what the hell. Shaq's nothing special but he's a competent starter at the position. Maybe it's the contract?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Yeah, basically flipped Jordan Willis for Shaq Lawson, a totally a competent player at a position of great need. I’m cool with that.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good rental for a year. Had no choice

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yeah sure. That’s pretty good stopgap pickup for almost nothing.

https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania/status/1432042839395942403

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Nick Caserio freed from Bills clutches now allowed to be a good GM and make his own moves like a big boy, everyone will see what he can do and why the Texans coveted him so much

oh...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Nodoze posted:

Nick Caserio freed from Bills clutches now allowed to be a good GM and make his own moves like a big boy, everyone will see what he can do and why the Texans coveted him so much

oh...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

Yeah what the hell. Shaq's nothing special but he's a competent starter at the position. Maybe it's the contract?

There was footage going around yesterday on twitter of some film guy showing him looking really washed and giving no effort, so that's probably it.

Jets need *anything* and well, who cares if a 6th round pick fizzles, and it's not like he'll be stealing snaps from promising players.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

There was footage going around yesterday on twitter of some film guy showing him looking really washed and giving no effort, so that's probably it.

Jets need *anything* and well, who cares if a 6th round pick fizzles, and it's not like he'll be stealing snaps from promising players.

On the Dolphins last year or during Texans preseason games this year?

He's only 27 so I'd be surprised if he's "washed", but I could easily see him not giving a poo poo during preseason for a team he never signed with.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Yeah, I’m not cheering on a serial rapist, gotta draw the line somewhere. If Miami wants to spend picks on a dude that’s going to jail any second they can do that without me. I’ll try to support the Raiders and consolidate all my fandoms in Las Vegas.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jesus Christ going from miami to Oakland is something though. If you can pick your team why not pick a team with a chance?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Amy Pole Her posted:

Jesus Christ going from miami to Oakland is something though. If you can pick your team why not pick a team with a chance?

I’m from Las Vegas and I’ll be living there again with in the year. At least I can go to games. Being a Dolphins fan for like thirty years makes it clear that winning Superbowls isn’t terribly important to me.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Eagles traded for Minshew (conditional 6th) and released Mullens. Gotta believe the Jets could pick up Mullens for a league min contract, plus he should already know the playbook. I know I'm weirdly obsessed with our backups, but all offseason it's been such an easy position to fix and they've done nothing.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

CubanMissile posted:

I’m from Las Vegas and I’ll be living there again with in the year. At least I can go to games. Being a Dolphins fan for like thirty years makes it clear that winning Superbowls isn’t terribly important to me.

The going to games aspect makes sense. Just, man. You poor bastard.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They announced they would last week

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

On the Dolphins last year or during Texans preseason games this year?

He's only 27 so I'd be surprised if he's "washed", but I could easily see him not giving a poo poo during preseason for a team he never signed with.

Preseason this year, stuff like the team was having him play in the 2nd half of games because he just wasn't doing anything

Which again, could easily be Texans <waves hands>

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I decided there is no way we trade for Watson and I feel happier now.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Like the playcalling.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i don't know, with this o line it might be worth watching watson get crushed several times per game

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

syzpid posted:

Eagles traded for Minshew (conditional 6th) and released Mullens. Gotta believe the Jets could pick up Mullens for a league min contract, plus he should already know the playbook. I know I'm weirdly obsessed with our backups, but all offseason it's been such an easy position to fix and they've done nothing.

Is Mullens any better than Josh Johnson?

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yeah sure. That’s pretty good stopgap pickup for almost nothing.

https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania/status/1432042839395942403

Lawson is a fine pickup but he's not in the same league in terms of the guy they lost. I wanted them to swing bigger for Jones but Douglas doesn't like trading high picks.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

Is Mullens any better than Josh Johnson?

I mean I prefer Josh Johnson > the other QBs we have

But at least Mullens has thrown an NFL pass in the last 3 years? Last season most of his stats put him between 15th and 25th in the league for qualifying QBs. He may not be someone you want starting, but he is definitely a good backup. I'm surprised the Eagles cut him instead of Flacco, who has looked even worse with the Eagles then he did with the Jets while still saying "I'm not here to mentor, I'm here to compete and be a starter" instead of just taking the money and sitting on the bench.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Lawson is a fine pickup but he's not in the same league in terms of the guy they lost. I wanted them to swing bigger for Jones but Douglas doesn't like trading high picks.
He’s probably more of an upgrade over the Vinny Curry loss than a replacement fit Carl Lawson. Still good depth.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

He’s probably more of an upgrade over the Vinny Curry loss than a replacement fit Carl Lawson. Still good depth.

That's fair. If this move replaces Curry, they should go out and make another trade for someone to replace Carl Lawson, like Chandler Jones.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Presser just started and no Flo?

It went straight to players…

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/1432122144025108488?s=20

:rolleyes:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/DavidFurones_/status/1432124321053515776?s=20

love to trade for a rapist / make things as difficult as possible on my second year QB