Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Aardvark! posted:

necco wafers = win. circus peanuts = win. candy corn = win. And that's all there is to it.

Do you just hate flavor or...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Are they still making Necco Wafers? I remember something about the company going out of business recently. Its main draw as a candy is being one of the oldest vintage candy brands.

I normally like candy corn an okay amount, but not enough to finish a bag. I haven't liked any of the flavor-mixing candy corn, but I've only tried the chocolate ones, which are weird. I sure don't think that roasted turkey flavor, green bean flavor, or stuffing flavor are going to be any good.

I don't think I've ever come into proximity with circus peanuts. I'm not even sure if they're like a brand or like one of those weird generic legacy candies like cherry sours.

I've never come into contact with candy dots either. I heard some rumor at some point that they had some kind of date rape drug chemical? Weird stuff.

MrYenko posted:

At least I know everyone here can come together and agree that Spree is a pointless candy that shouldn’t exist.

I like them. I like a lot of the candies that are just some fruit flavor and some citric acid, but they end up being really abrasive on my tongue and wreck it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

SlothfulCobra posted:

Necro Wafers

wish that was a thing

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just tasted (store brand) Pepto Bismol for the first time in my life, braced for a horrible taste like cough syrup

Holy poo poo. Necco Wafers. I want to drink more now

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

gleebster posted:

I suppose someone has to like them, and I thank you for your sacrifice. I'll be over here with the caramels.

Gross, someone burnt perfectly good sugar and you're still trying to eat it.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Are they still making Necco Wafers?

Yes. My emergency dentist bill from two months ago can confirm.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

The Bloop posted:

I just tasted (store brand) Pepto Bismol for the first time in my life, braced for a horrible taste like cough syrup

Holy poo poo. Necco Wafers. I want to drink more now

I don’t drink pepto bismol often. Last time I did was the other week for the first time in years, when I did the spicy peanut death nut challenge.

Short end of it is that I puked everything up. But chugging that pepto bismol before I had those spicy hot nuts in my mouth sure made it an easier process

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

AcidCat posted:

Peas. Not even once.

When I was 6 my dad's 3rd wife tried to make me eat "just one more pea" after I told them I wasn't feeling well at dinner time. After some bullying, I did eat just one more pea and barfed all loving over the table.

That's my pea story.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Zywiec supremacy

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

"Texas steak", courtesy of a Chinese Pizza Hut (:confused:)

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yucky soba

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

SlothfulCobra posted:

I've never come into contact with candy dots either. I heard some rumor at some point that they had some kind of date rape drug chemical? Weird stuff.

I think that's because a lot of recreational drugs (particularly ecstasy and the like) tend to come on wax paper like those candy dots do. Chances are more likely someone thought roofies were delicious candy and then blamed a manufacturer; I can't even begin to imagine any sort of secret malicious confectioners' drug trade or anything, no matter how cool it would be.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

KataraniSword posted:

I think that's because a lot of recreational drugs (particularly ecstasy and the like) tend to come on wax paper like those candy dots do. Chances are more likely someone thought roofies were delicious candy and then blamed a manufacturer; I can't even begin to imagine any sort of secret malicious confectioners' drug trade or anything, no matter how cool it would be.

Willy Wonka's Ever-tripping Acid Drops, one drop and you'll trip balls forever!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/MiBjl3E.gifv

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Aardvark! posted:

necco wafers = win. circus peanuts = win. candy corn = win. And that's all there is to it.

I'm going to start a QCS thread about you

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

Willy Wonka's Ever-tripping Acid Drops, one drop and you'll trip balls forever!

I'd try it.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

"Texas steak", courtesy of a Chinese Pizza Hut (:confused:)

I've had something that looked almost identical served to me by a wizened old half-Mongolian, half-Han Chinese man I worked with.

A few bites in, I asked what it was, despite my better judgment.

"Ahhhh, Mongolian ba-loun-ee. My dish. Very good."

"It is good. That's not bologna."

*frenzied Mandarin yelling between him and his equally wizened wife*

"No. Ba-loun-ee, same-same. Good, huh?"

"That is some delicious bologna, Miss Bettina."

No one else ever ate the shift meal at that place. More for me!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

SlothfulCobra posted:

Are they still making Necco Wafers? I remember something about the company going out of business recently.

It did, but they sold the recipe to almost equally old candy company Spangler. The new regime Necco Wafers are slightly less stale-tasting, to be honest.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Cartoon Man posted:

a living?? thing on a plate

What the hell is that!

Schubalts has a new favorite as of 18:49 on Aug 29, 2021

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Schubalts posted:

What the hell is that!

Lunch, what else could it be? Breakfast?! :confused:

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Can we please not post living mutilated animals itt?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

First of May posted:

Can we please not post living mutilated animals itt?

Or at least NMS it?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

incredibly cursed

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You just know someone's gonna pitch chestbursters as a high-class dining experience whenever we finally run across xenomorphs

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

You just know someone's gonna pitch chestbursters as a high-class dining experience whenever we finally run across xenomorphs

Mmmmm space lobster

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Captain Hygiene posted:

That burning sensation means it's fresh!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
check please!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's a once in a lifetime experience for sure~

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I want off this ride.
Aw, they're good! So are the Funyuns chips and the Cheetos chips. The Doritos and Cheetos ones were especially great for my kid, who loves both of the actual snacks, but can't have either of them for a couple more years until his braces are off (though technically Cheetos Puffs and Puffcorn are okay). The Cheetos ones were generously dusted with orange and delicious.

eta: I bought a bunch of weird-rear end flavored chips/snacks from Asia via Yamibuy, but I'm slow to get through them. The first one I tried was "American Roast Turkey" Cheetos. They were fine; turkeyish. Nothing to write home about. I still have cucumber Stax (I had had cucumber Lay's before and liked them very much); chestnut Stax; bayberry Lay's; and "Italian Red Meat" Lay's. :stare: Bolognese, I guess? We shall see. I'll report back.

Hirayuki has a new favorite as of 22:53 on Aug 29, 2021

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
We've got those Lay's chips doing all-dressed and let me tell you, all-dressed is a ruffle chip flavour, not a smooth chip flavour.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

SlothfulCobra posted:

Are they still making Necco Wafers? I remember something about the company going out of business recently. Its main draw as a candy is being one of the oldest vintage candy brands.
Yeah Necco is no longer in business, which is sad because they also made these:

Put a lid on it.
What's that you say?
Put a lid on it.
Oh man no way!
Put a lid down on it and everything will be alright.

Skulk Hogan posted:

Yes. My emergency dentist bill from two months ago can confirm.
Squirrel Nut Zippers are also a candy that will remove fillings.

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 23:39 on Aug 29, 2021

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

That looks so much like a dry heel of cheese

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

That looks so much like a dry heel of cheese

I would say they rank above dry cheese heels overall but not, like, in a completely different ballpark.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Better or worse than Bit O' Honey? That's the benchmark for... well, whatever the gently caress quality this foodstuff exhibits.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

Better or worse than Bit O' Honey? That's the benchmark for... well, whatever the gently caress quality this foodstuff exhibits.

I would say worse, but we're at the level of debating whether being punched or kicked in the crotch is better at this point.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Brawnfire posted:

A couple years ago they briefly had a chocolate version of those that I really liked, was sad when they disappeared

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

quote:

Other spin-offs included Bit o' Licorice and Bit-O-Peanut Butter. In 2017, Bit-O-Honey Chocolate was reintroduced.[3]

What the gently caress

Captain Hygiene posted:

I would say worse, but we're at the level of debating whether being punched or kicked in the crotch is better at this point.

Either way, you're gettin' your teeth yanked out while it's happening

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

:aaaaa: