Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

didn't know psychonauts 2 was on gamepass, that's a nice surprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
ligmanauts

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

nice

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the least believable part of this is the cardinals getting a blow out win on anybody

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

i played through it but it didn't click for me either

The game made me laugh out loud a couple of times early on, but it's also established clearly in the loading screen that... yes, the game has no real conclusion, and loops around dissatisfyingly forever, without ever hitting what you'd call a punchline. It also doesn't really have gameplay?

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

lol, is that real?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

shoeberto posted:

lol, is that real?

Yes, I am pleased to inform you that Travis Touchdown is a real one.

Speaking of Travis I bought nmh3 and it's pretty fun so far.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I want it so bad but it's so expensive. I'll get it in a couple months

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

im still playing atomicrops and im absolutely destroying year one over and over so i decided to bump it to year two and was immediately destroyed

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=434rBX_G85o

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

playing through yakuza 0 atm. first game in the series I’ve played. can’t wait to try the others

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/roonkolos/status/1431768429887987716?s=21

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

every oblivion playthrough so the stupid gates don't spawn

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

carry on then posted:

every oblivion playthrough so the stupid gates don't spawn
it's such a great way to play lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
same in Skyrim except it’s “recruiting the talking dog”

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

when I played Skyrim I stopped the main quest right before you wake up the dragons and did all the stuff I wanted to do and power leveled like crazy and it was basically the best way to play

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
i can't tell if the problem with my pathfinder 2e game is pathfinder, the DM, the group, or me. Pretty much nothing is clicking.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

pathfinder is by far the most grognardy version of the fantasy d20 games so if your group is leaning heavily into the metagame of it and such then it’s possible the answer is “everyone else sucks and the game is enabling them”

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
whats happening concretely? metagaming, lawyering, group not bein buddies, That Guy (cat piss man)ism, or what?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

when I played Skyrim I stopped the main quest right before you wake up the dragons and did all the stuff I wanted to do and power leveled like crazy and it was basically the best way to play

i tend to power-level in every game prior to following the main quest and then am kinda disappointed when i get to the boss and kill him in one hit.

i beat wolfenstein 2 again recently and even on max difficulty i barely noticed the end bosses. two giant robots you've never seen anywhere else in the game and i killed them both in like 15 seconds with one maximum charge lasergewehr. sheesh

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

get level 99 before you leave the mako reactor

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

maximum charge lasergewehr
mm. o yes

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Granite Octopus posted:

playing through yakuza 0 atm. first game in the series I’ve played. can’t wait to try the others

Majima’s entrance scene is worth at least double the $5 I paid for Yakuza 0 on its own.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I’m kinda in the mood to replay ff6 yet again but I want to play in the switch

what’s the closest option

is it octopath, or is there something else

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Fool posted:

I’m kinda in the mood to replay ff6 yet again but I want to play in the switch

what’s the closest option

is it octopath, or is there something else

octopath's combat system is similar, but i was really dissatisfied with the story. maybe give dragon quest 11 a go?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I really wanted to like octopath but quit after 15ish hours because it was really boring. it could have also used some sort of side quest tracker/journal.

great music and art tho

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

didn't know psychonauts 2 was on gamepass, that's a nice surprise

never really understood the hype for psychonauts

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

my stepdads beer posted:

never really understood the hype for psychonauts

same. i got it in a steam bundle years ago, played it for about an hour, and then decided it was poo poo and uninstalled it.

Sweevo fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Aug 30, 2021

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

The art direction is cute, the writing is funny and the platforming/adventuring is pretty solid.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

whats happening concretely? metagaming, lawyering, group not bein buddies, That Guy (cat piss man)ism, or what?

I can't seem to break out of the confines of "get mission" > "go kill bad guy". And the fights are kind of boring, a lot of rules lawyering and enemies with great DC /reflexes means they become a bit of a slog.

I have a wizard with hundreds of spells to choose from, and I've been building a wizarding school during downtime. That seems cool, but the actual gameplay is about hoping you roll well and hope you do a lot of damage, nothing else seems to factor in

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

MrQueasy posted:

Majima’s entrance scene is worth at least double the $5 I paid for Yakuza 0 on its own.

I've never played a Yakuza game but I just looked this character up.

quote:

He wanders around on his own, taking down every zombie he sees until he comes up with the idea to try to "detox" himself after he happens upon a sauna. The idea is to "sweat out" all of the zombie toxins to prevent him from turning. He is not seen again until the end of the game, where it is revealed that the zombie who bit him had dentures, which did not transfer the poison into his arm, despite breaking the skin. It is also revealed that the reason his eye had turned red is because it was allergy season, not because he was turning into a zombie.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Endless Mike posted:

maybe give dragon quest 11 a go?

this

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I looked at it last night, it looks promising but I’m super hesitant to drop $60 on it

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

The Fool posted:

I looked at it last night, it looks promising but I’m super hesitant to drop $60 on it

it's on game pass if you want to get a better look at it first. though isn't there also a demo on switch? a pretty long one iirc

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

RokosCockatrice posted:

I can't seem to break out of the confines of "get mission" > "go kill bad guy". And the fights are kind of boring, a lot of rules lawyering and enemies with great DC /reflexes means they become a bit of a slog.

I have a wizard with hundreds of spells to choose from, and I've been building a wizarding school during downtime. That seems cool, but the actual gameplay is about hoping you roll well and hope you do a lot of damage, nothing else seems to factor in

get your dm to do more weird poo poo then. generally you cant deal with poo poo much if you're not dm

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it's on game pass if you want to get a better look at it first. though isn't there also a demo on switch? a pretty long one iirc

yeah and you can carry yur demi save to the full game

it’s great and the switch version is the best way to play

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump_fn posted:

yeah and you can carry yur demi save to the full game

it’s great and the switch version is the best way to play

It's absolutely worth the $60 especially if you buy the switch version which adds a bunch more story, and you can play the entire game in 2d mode.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's absolutely worth the $60 especially if you buy the switch version which adds a bunch more story, and you can play the entire game in 2d mode.

unless of course you discover that, actually, you do not at all want to play a jrpg. the impulse being one of misplaced nostalgia from a child with a vivid imagination and too much time on their hands.

but the demo will easily tell you whether this is the case.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vid8lIXmZwE&t=394s

Someone figured out a fix if you have joycon drift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

MrQueasy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fkggnow9W0

I'm on yakuza 4 remastered and ueno family wants to take west park away from majima lmao