Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Chinatown posted:

cottage cheese is a warcrime

This is a good thread that has provided good information and led to several good purchases so I feel it's imperative to keep things as factually accurate as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

extravadanza posted:

Daisy cottage cheese is literally like a tub of snot. Land o lakes cottage cheese is extremely good .

isn't "snot" like, the literal texture result of the cottage cheese production process? it has a chunky part and a soupy part. curds and whey

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

WebDO posted:

This is a good thread that has provided good information and led to several good purchases so I feel it's imperative to keep things as factually accurate as possible

cot chez for LIFE bitch

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
cottage cheese is a miracle of science that allows you to consume limitless fat and protein with zero carbs in as few bites as possible. TBH the flavor and texture is simply acceptable (unless youre talking about Daisy or Lucerne or some other garbage brand)

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

StormDrain posted:

And yet I think only about half the people I see tap.

Inserting is far more erotic.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

cottage cheese ranking:

1. darigold
2. friendship
3. cabot
4. organic valley
5. ....

567. daisy

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Yall are buying roasted green chilies or green chile sauce? I got the chilies and made my own sauce, slathered that on a brat today and it was wonderful.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

My church stopped selling the Motor City pizzas and it is a tragedy. The Kirkland pizzas are fine if you don't like deep dish.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Renegret posted:

You're all wrong.

All cottage cheese is loving gross as hell and I can't stand as much as looking at it

:same:

Bunch of lovely cottage cheese opinions in this thread. That poo poo is gross.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I think it just depends on whether or not you grew up with the stuff. A lot of poo poo is either tasty or disgusting for that reason alone.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Well it is gonna be a while before I catch up to the 'dine thread, so apologies if this was answered over there:

Does Costco still sell any sardines that have bones and skin? I only see the Season boneless at my church. If anybidy else sees them I'll ask a manager to pick them up here too

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Cottage cheese and canned peaches make an awesome dessert.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Cottage cheese (thick and chunky vitamin d style)
Saltine crackers
Canned pineapple
A dash of pepper

:discourse:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Soul Dentist posted:

Well it is gonna be a while before I catch up to the 'dine thread, so apologies if this was answered over there:

Does Costco still sell any sardines that have bones and skin? I only see the Season boneless at my church. If anybidy else sees them I'll ask a manager to pick them up here too

I've only ever seen the season skinless/boneless at Costco.

BJ's sells King Oscar if you can find someone with a card to bum off of them.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

therobit posted:

Cottage cheese and canned peaches make an awesome dessert.

:barf:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Yeah it’s not so bad on the way up either.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

PSA: costco now apparently sells a supreme version of their cauliflower crust pizza

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

MODS!

Also for some reason my Kroger sells KOs for reasonable amounts, so I'm good on that, I was looking just for a generic one to dump on hot food that's not trash quality, and if I didn't like skin, fins and bones I'd eat tuna instead :coolfish:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

I could have sworn I’ve seen Wild Planet there, but if I did it was a while ago.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Relevant Tangent posted:

Inserting is far more erotic.

my local costco used that sensor for their proprietary gas fob thing that did not work for credit cards

the signage telling you that you can tap your card now is pretty over-the-top to make up for it but not enough imo

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

WebDO posted:

Chinatown posted:

cot chez for LIFE bitch

extravadanza posted:

Daisy cottage cheese is literally like a tub of snot. Land o lakes cottage cheese is extremely good .
The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Costco: The Great Cottage Cheese Schism of 2021 AD

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Cottage cheese is the greatest and if you think otherwise you're dumb

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Just glad the rational, cool people in this thread all agree

1. Cottage Cheese is awesome
2. Daisy brand is poo poo tier

Condolences to the sociopaths who do not hold the above objectively correct facts as true

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I've only ever had cottage cheese when I went to salad bars as a child, so naturally the only way to eat cottage cheese is with bacon bits and ranch dressing.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I only ever had it in homemade lasagna as a kid. It is not good in lasagna.

Has anyone else seen the creepy terrible moving skeletons at their Costco? I dislike them immensely.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Lifehack: pour a splash of limonchello La Croix over Daisy brand cottage cheese for a wonderfully combinatory treat!

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

isn't "snot" like, the literal texture result of the cottage cheese production process? it has a chunky part and a soupy part. curds and whey

It should be more like little cheese bits in a tiny amount of mildly tart milk. Not cheese bits in a viscous mess.

The fancy cottage cheese that they sometimes have in the blue container, Good Culture, is also extremely tasty (extra tart) but kinda expensive.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

PSA: costco now apparently sells a supreme version of their cauliflower crust pizza

Yeah and they're good. Lots of toppings.I think they're made by Milton's, the crust seems super similar.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

90% of the time I eat cottage cheese it's right out of the tub with a fork standing in front of my TV while putting some Lawry's seasoned salt on it.

same but its the rotisserie chicken cold from the fridge, and its over the sink, and im not using a fork, or wearing a shirt

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

ROJO posted:

:same:

Bunch of lovely cottage cheese opinions in this thread. That poo poo is gross.

It's perfect drunk food. Get drunk, crush up your favorite kind of potato chips into the cottage cheese, and just make a spectacle of yourself. This only works if you're in your early twenties though.

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
Somebody mix in some 505 with some cottage cheese and report back

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

jimmy mnemonic posted:

Somebody mix in some 505 with some cottage cheese and report back

:stare:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Fartington Butts posted:

I could have sworn I’ve seen Wild Planet there, but if I did it was a while ago.

The sardine thread said this was true as of 2016, but alas no longer.

I would eat cottage cheese with 505. And pineapple. At the same time! But not that Daisy trash. Their "sour cream" isn't even soured cream, it's just milk with thickeners and homogenizers. Garbage!

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
we talking sourcream now? Breakstone is the gold standard in my book. Same as with cottage cheese, Daisy brand SUCKS, however their container for dispensing sour cream is good.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Oh yeah buddy let's talk sour cream... and how it's just a lovely version of yogurt or creme fraiche or crema or skyr. Just buy Fage or whatever. Any situation that called for sour cream can be improved immensely by getting a cultured product that's not developed in suburban USAnia. :smug:

On a different note I bought a Costco-sized thing of peanut butter filled pretzels and have been giggling at the fact that they're filled with real "Virginia Peanut Butter" like oh thank GOD this nut butter is from one of the thirteen original colonies. They are delicious when you eat one at a time paired with one (1) fresh raspberry though

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Soul Dentist posted:

Oh yeah buddy let's talk sour cream... and how it's just a lovely version of yogurt or creme fraiche or crema or skyr. Just buy Fage or whatever. Any situation that called for sour cream can be improved immensely by getting a cultured product that's not developed in suburban USAnia. :smug:

Real bad take

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Soul Dentist posted:

Their "sour cream" isn't even soured cream, it's just milk with thickeners and homogenizers. Garbage!

What the heck are you talking about

Daisy is one of the few branded sour creams that is literally 'soured cream'. Whatever you feel about the taste, sure, fine, but cmon now.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Plus Virginia peanuts are pretty famous… get some from Costco in the big can and go to town. They’re great on salads

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Also lol at thinking sour cream was developed in the US Suburbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

KakerMix posted:

Daisy is one of the few branded sour creams that is literally 'soured cream'. Whatever you feel about the taste, sure, fine, but cmon now.

Huh, weird. I must have been looking at a store brand and been confused. It does taste bad though. Kroger carries sour cream and "real" sour cream right next to each other which is terrible and sad also