Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A full injury resolve Ronin can just spam the healing ultimate and never let anyone die it’s great.

Also this week’s survival is up: Blood in the Snow, immunity modifier on enemies (so no fire / poison / bleed / hallucination), and Hwachas as stage modifier. Almost forgot how annoying the hwachas can be but it’s still pretty good. Beginning to really enjoy the 15 wave on these. Makes me really knock out a couple per day rather than just mentally prepare for an hour long 25 round slugfest.

Legendaries 4 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Just hosed around with ronin for a bit on quick play story and it was the first ghost/spirit story. They were pretty bad and died a lot. The resolve power to instantly rez dead teammates came in pretty handy. I can see it being really good on higher difficulty survival especially once I unlock the additional healing spec for it.

Really wanna play more and get my characters leveled up, but unfortunately I live in Louisiana and we have a hurricane coming our way late Sunday/early Monday, so gotta prep for that instead. drat nature :argh:

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Lobok posted:

Archer is probably the least fun to play early on before you get all the abilities and put together a decent build. But it can be a powerhouse, and it gives the most unique experience.

Ronin comes with healing as its class ability so I feel like you'd like it. And even more healing if that's what you want your Ultimate to be. Team Heal scratches that old itch of mine from my EverQuest cleric days.

Yeah, I have my archer kitted out with Skipping Stone bow (Headshots ricochet), weaken on headshot, body shots have a high% chance to be counted as a headshot anyway and lots of ranged resolve gain.

I've seen my ultimate hit a group of 3 full-life onis in Raid1 straight up murder all three of them flat-out. It's amazing.

I only had to grind until I was rank 55+ on Hunter to get all of that! :shepicide:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How do you play Archer in legends? Just play like any other melee until you get levelled and have a whole build?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pierson posted:

How do you play Archer in legends? Just play like any other melee until you get levelled and have a whole build?

You can do well enough with bows. Focus on headshots, learn where the ammo restock offerings are, and use your abilities as soon as they're available. Early on you'll need to maybe do some melee but you can focus pretty early on headshot damage and build from there.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Plus learn where the best vantage points are and how to traverse the level in floor-is-lava style. A good Hunter ends up playing the game separately and different from the rest of their team because they're up on a roof or cliff and keeping out of the fray. Stone Skipping Bow is the GOAT but if you have line of sight with that bow that keeps your arrows from dropping in trajectory you can easily snipe two or even all three enemy bottleneck points without ever leaving your spot.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 27, 2021

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Most recent update gently caress with anyone's audio? All the sudden everything's muted except for boat creaking noises, which are super loud

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

hazardousmouse posted:

Most recent update gently caress with anyone's audio? All the sudden everything's muted except for boat creaking noises, which are super loud

I thought it did, but it turned out my headphone cable had broken so I was just getting the back channels :v:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I love my Legends assassin character. I use that legendary smoke bomb that also heals so I get a heal and I can get an assassination kill or two. Stack stealth damage on all the gear possible and you can assassinate some of the stronger enemies as well.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
ah my favorite prompt. the "You sure are dying a lot do you wanna FUCKIN QUIT?"
gently caress you game

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

hazardousmouse posted:

gently caress you game

If you know you're about to die you can Restart from Checkpoint and it should skip that. I've got the muscle memory down now, StartL1DownX.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
yeah that probably is faster and hadn't considered that, thanks

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

gently caress you game

Have you considered instead, gettin' gud?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Samurai til I die. Can't decide if I like the master's katana or the stone striker more. I'm running a 5 resolve build with loads of +resolve and +damage. 5 resolve can feel a bit much but being able to drop a hachimans fury then either kill or disable another powerful oni with divine strike on a hellwave is loving baller. I also feel like the stone striker divine strike is much stronger than the ability one, it's super handy when you're facing something strong to be able to just kill them outright for a resolve and move on.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

I just transferred my PS4 save to the PS5 Director’s Cut and my map is all fog as if I haven’t gone anywhere at all. Can’t fast travel or see all the stuff I’ve found.

Is this something people have experienced a bunch? Is there a fix? Sorry if I missed it while scanning the recent posts.

edit: Oh I think there’s a point in the game I forgot about where you warp to the northern area and it’s all new to you? I guess that’s exactly where I stopped playing.

Seymour Buttz fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 29, 2021

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

JBP posted:

Samurai til I die. Can't decide if I like the master's katana or the stone striker more. I'm running a 5 resolve build with loads of +resolve and +damage. 5 resolve can feel a bit much but being able to drop a hachimans fury then either kill or disable another powerful oni with divine strike on a hellwave is loving baller. I also feel like the stone striker divine strike is much stronger than the ability one, it's super handy when you're facing something strong to be able to just kill them outright for a resolve and move on.

Stone stance has an infinite looping combo with heavy, heavy, light and repeat. Its so good.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

WaltherFeng posted:

Stone stance has an infinite looping combo with heavy, heavy, light and repeat. Its so good.

Yeah the only downside is shields can be frustrating but I have way of flame to cope with that. Well actually I just tried to reroll a few times for +damage and +resolve on it so it's a bad mishmash now but that's ok. Just keep playing the game.

E: Rolled it into moon stance with melee resolve and melee damage :dukedog:

JBP fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Aug 29, 2021

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

DelphiAegis posted:

Have you considered instead, gettin' gud?

I'll never get gud and you can't make me!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Man, those new heavy enemies on Iki Island who have the double-sided spear things are no joke. Rolling is useless when they're nearby since their unblockable swing combos can home in in you from like twenty feet away and catch you before your roll animation is done.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 30, 2021

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I like how the new enemies feel like they've been watching Jin swap stances every two seconds for months now, and someone finally went "wait...what if we did that"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lobok posted:

Man, those new heavy enemies on Iki Island who have the double-sided spear things are no joke. Rolling is useless when they're nearby since their unlockable swing combos can home in in you from like twenty feet away and catch you before your roll animation is done.

Yeah I normally don't ghost weapon all that much but those dudes had me yelling SMOKE BOMB! NINJA STAR! GRENADE!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

They added a bunch of cool extra mechanics and fun perks with charms and armours in the expansion and I'm the weirdo who thinks that the best one is the minor charm that makes jump attacks more useful. Love busting out a jump kick in the middle of a combo, or scrambling up a rock so I can then leap right off again and come down with an overhead chop that goes through skulls like a lumberjack goes through firewood.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Jump kick appears to be a move for which even other samurai are unprepared, you can usually land a few during boss fights if you're floundering

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
finally beat the game(got busy with like 5 other games and life) and just starting a new game plus with japanse voice. Id say overall i liked it though i thought the 3rd act kind of meandered for to long the khan and uncle fights are great and depressing. i chose to kill him because its what he wanted and despite being a weird hosed up traditionalist, i felt bad for him and wanted him to have a good death weirdly enough after thinking about it. ghosts sorta reminds me of ryse son of Rome. but genuinely good.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

finally beat the game(got busy with like 5 other games and life) and just starting a new game plus with japanse voice. Id say overall i liked it though i thought the 3rd act kind of meandered for to long the khan and uncle fights are great and depressing. i chose to kill him because its what he wanted and despite being a weird hosed up traditionalist, i felt bad for him and wanted him to have a good death weirdly enough after thinking about it. ghosts sorta reminds me of ryse son of Rome. but genuinely good.

I picked the same thing for the same reason. However I will say act 3 on my NG+ run felt really short. The start of it is a drag but then I felt like I was suddenly doing the last mission.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

JBP posted:

I picked the same thing for the same reason. However I will say act 3 on my NG+ run felt really short. The start of it is a drag but then I felt like I was suddenly doing the last mission.

yeah. the game is very good gameplay wise as well as story/etc wise but the pacing is kinda all over the place once you get into it. some stuff feels too fast and other quests just loving drag on and on and on.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
One thing that Iki island Lethal is forcing me to do is busting out the bow & arrow in the middle of combat to pop enemy archers and shamans with an exploding arrow. I’ll use a secret technique to create a few feet of breathing room, quick fire a bullet-time arrow through a mongols legs or right over their shoulder, and finish my sword combo before the arrow has landed.

Took me about an hour to relearn the controls, so far I’m just blown away. The PS5 version of this game is stunning, Iki looks REAL in 4K

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

Took me about an hour to relearn the controls, so far I’m just blown away. The PS5 version of this game is stunning, Iki looks REAL in 4K

:yeah:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Bust Rodd posted:

One thing that Iki island Lethal is forcing me to do is busting out the bow & arrow in the middle of combat to pop enemy archers and shamans with an exploding arrow. I’ll use a secret technique to create a few feet of breathing room, quick fire a bullet-time arrow through a mongols legs or right over their shoulder, and finish my sword combo before the arrow has landed.

The Eagle fight was especially gorgeous. You can have moments during that fight where you parry an attack right as the camera catches the setting sun and the water kicking up around you and the Sea spray and etc. etc. Playing it in PS5 but this isn't even a game made for the PS5! And it's hard to imagine it looking so much better.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Jin can die in a flashback memory sequence :aaaaa:

T I M E  P A R A D O X

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Captain Hygiene posted:

Jin can die in a flashback memory sequence :aaaaa:

T I M E  P A R A D O X

“Jin? Jin?! JIIIIINNNN!!!!!”

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
When is it recommended to do the DLC? And performance vs resolution mode for PS5? I’ve heard performance mode is pretty pointless since resolution mode rarely dips under 60fps anyway.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
The dlc apparently is balanced depending on your progress (because you literally cannot leave until you beat it) so I doubt it makes much of a difference.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Story-wise it seems weird to me to do the Iki Island stuff before the end of the game. As for gameplay it doesn't really matter, and the expansion has some cool new gear and skills.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Beat the DLC, loved it. Did everything in it except golding the archery challenges, I'm not even sure how to approach that when the gold times are are half the ones that I barely make for silver :psyduck:

Gameplay-wise I think it makes sense at the end: the final duel feels like the toughest thing in the game by far, and switching back to the random mooks in the last third of the main game feels like baby mode even with difficulty stepped up, compared to all the Iki assholes.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Captain Hygiene posted:

Beat the DLC, loved it. Did everything in it except golding the archery challenges, I'm not even sure how to approach that when the gold times are are half the ones that I barely make for silver :psyduck:

If you use the upgraded ranged charm and armour it's surprisingly easy because you can focus for a very long time.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

JBP posted:

If you use the upgraded ranged charm and armour it's surprisingly easy because you can focus for a very long time.

Good point, I have been upgrading focus too, I just never use a ranged build so I forgot you could beef that up.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

In Legends if you do the Survival mode with 3 people is it the same amount of mobs as if you match make to get a fourth?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

doomisland posted:

In Legends if you do the Survival mode with 3 people is it the same amount of mobs as if you match make to get a fourth?

I think the waves are fixed in terms of enemies regardless of how many players there are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Can’t decide whether to play on Medium or Hard. Guess I’ll start on Hard and turn it down if I’m not having fun.