Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

MacheteZombie posted:

They don't have a 1-5 set without the vinyls do they?

Records, they're called records.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Licorice Pizza.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CPL593H posted:

Records, they're called records.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The problem with "vinyl" isn't so much the word itself, it's that it leads you down a road where you're inevitably saying "pieces of vinyl" and that's one step too far for me.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

lol, look at the posting stats for that thread.

The format is vinyl but vinyl records should never been referred to as "a vinyl" or "vinyls".

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol 3k posts of you correcting people

E: shout still needs to put up a set without the RECORDS.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 30, 2021

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

Lol 3k posts of you correcting people

This specific thing has come up in that thread so many times that it's essentially become a meme.

So yeah that tracks.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I bought the more expensive of the two Eva sets announced today because I am dumb and get media fomo.

At least I didn't buy the one from a couple weeks ago.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Is there a basic one yet or are they never going to do that

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

dorium posted:

Is there a basic one yet or are they never going to do that

There's a basic one that's enticingly cheap but only includes the Netflix dub and sub which a lot of people don't like.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

CPL593H posted:

The format is vinyl but vinyl records should never been referred to as "a vinyl" or "vinyls".

Opening shot of Empire Records has always been painful. Not just 'vinyls', but an apostrophed "CDs" too. It's like they knew how to hurt people in the future.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

"CD's" is pretty much a perfect encapsulation of the film.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

RichterIX posted:

There's a basic one that's enticingly cheap but only includes the Netflix dub and sub which a lot of people don't like.

ah thats a drat shame. guess i will continue to never own it.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

Oh yes! The movie always felt held back by the PG-13 rating so I'm very excited for this.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Sirotan posted:

GKids has announced two more versions of Evangelion on bluray and if you want the classic ADV dub you're gonna have to shell out $175. If you don't, $45. lol

https://store.gkids.com/pages/neon-genesis-evangelion#ultimate-edition

Does the expensive one have the ending themesongs at least?

edit: ah I see it does not. Jesus christ they really hosed this up

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Does the cheap(er) version at least come with the original non-Netflix subs?

E: jesus of course not lmao

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Attention Hobbit Heads

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1432438894075645953?s=19

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

31 discs :eyepop:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Featuring the least friendly-to-shelve box they could get away with.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

IUG posted:

Check the Amazon listing’s photos, apparently it’s designed so you can arrange it in different layouts for different shelves.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

IUG posted:

Nah, that honor has to go to one of Criterion’s oversized box sets that couldn’t just be the standard height and size for ~reasons~. I’ve got the Godzilla art/storybook just perched above the rest of a shelf in a way that I’m sure is somehow destroying the discs and/or binding.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

My oversized Godzilla box is great except the glue started leaking onto the discs.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Nah, that honor has to go to one of Criterion’s oversized box sets that couldn’t just be the standard height and size for ~reasons~. I’ve got the Godzilla art/storybook just perched above the rest of a shelf in a way that I’m sure is somehow destroying the discs and/or binding.

I have one bookshelf deep enough for it, because it's slightly wider than Ikea Billy shelves are deep, but I don't have any books on that shelf tall enough to justify making one shelf tall enough just for the Godzilla set, so I put an extra shelf immediately below another shelf to create an extremely short shelf and lay the Godzilla set there by itself.

It's not a good solution, but it's what Criterion Collection has forced me to.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Cool but between the 4K set + the Blu-Ray EE set, I think I'm good on LOTR for life. It's interesting with this coming out now instead of sooner. After all, the target market has already got the Steelbooks, will people really double-dip for this?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
It's bad enough I went and bought the first hobbit 4k set, I've no need for a second. I'll probably end up watching the fan edit anyway.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/janusfilms/status/1432454042811355137?s=19

It’d be real nice if Criterion (or anyone) took an interest in releasing Kurosawa’s films on bluray here in the US.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Janus has a pretty close relationship with Criterion, so it's possible we'll see a home release soon.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Yeah they’re the same company, and Cure is listed for bluray on the Janus site. Hopefully on 4k, I wouldn’t be interested in upgrading my Eureka bluray otherwise.

Sorry I meant his films more generally, not just Cure. In the US right now we have Pulse from Arrow and that’s all (on bluray, not counting old dvds). It’s a real shame.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
It's dawning on me that basically all of the various boutique labels have now ventured into the UHD thing and that it could be a very expensive few years we've got ahead of ourselves.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

It's dawning on me that basically all of the various boutique labels have now ventured into the UHD thing and that it could be a very expensive few years we've got ahead of ourselves.

Yeah I'm worried about vinsyns sub price this year lol

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Now that’s something to get excited for. I like it a ton as a PG-13 film, but it might be even better rated R. I hope he makes a sequel some day, the Gremlins II of Krampus would be cool.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sam V Krampus: Dawn of Jolly

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I’d like to see them jam Quinn Lord back into the Sam costume and act like nothing changed.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

Sam V Krampus: Dawn of Jolly

Hell I'd watch that. Followed by all the holiday monsters going against each other.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Casimir Radon posted:

I’d like to see them jam Quinn Lord back into the Sam costume and act like nothing changed.

Tall Sam would be scary

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Tall Sam would be scary

Maybe he didn't grow that much.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Maybe the person in the costume isn't a film accurate height.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sam is about 4 foot tall 3 inches. I did too much research when doing my fan film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.

RichterIX posted:

Hot take but the Netflix subs are fine and the entire war over their integrity wasn't really that necessary