Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Sassy Witch
This poll is closed.
Magilou 33 28.45%
Oddium 9 7.76%
All of them 15 12.93%
All of them (except the problematic ones) 30 25.86%
metis, whose birthday is this month 12 10.34%
Metis cannot stop editing polls 17 14.66%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Darkoni posted:

Yall ever stop playing a game because it's TOO good?

No, why would I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I’m playing Psychonauts 2 and it’s well worth playing. The controls are still kind of floaty but I don’t die a lot despite being bad at video games so I can only conclude that it’s designed to make me feel like I’m always about to screw up a jump without actually doing so.

Overall I’d say it’s a real improvement over the original and I look forward to posting in the thread once I’m no longer as concerned about spoilers. And it’s cheap on gamepass, if you can tolerate gamepass!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I am also having trouble playing things but that is as much due to being absolutely slapped at the end of the work week as it is having bad brain. I had some good momentum going with Final Fantasy 7 Remake and was playing Great Ace Attorney quite slowly and both those games gently caress

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

the Kingdom Hearts franchise

Dream Drop Distance
Birth by Sleep
Chain of Memories
Fragmentary Passage
Melody of Memory

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I try not to do more than 1 case of an Ace Attorney game a day because those games are usually over pretty quick but it turned out not to be an issue with Great Ace Attorney Chronicles which took like 40 hours even with me going through the text pretty fast

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Great Ace Attorney is long as poo poo. Some days I’ll play like, one conversation. It’s gonna last me through 2022

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

wuggles posted:

Great Ace Attorney is long as poo poo. Some days I’ll play like, one conversation. It’s gonna last me through 2022
I'm a bit deep into the final case of the second game and it's hype af

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

wuggles posted:

I am also having trouble playing things but that is as much due to being absolutely slapped at the end of the work week as it is having bad brain. I had some good momentum going with Final Fantasy 7 Remake and was playing Great Ace Attorney quite slowly and both those games gently caress

Dream Drop Distance
Birth by Sleep
Chain of Memories
Fragmentary Passage
Melody of Memory

dang, 1's that low huh?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm pretty sure I fried my brain trying to figure out the final cross examination in the second game's third case before I had to admit defeat and use story mode.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

wuggles posted:

Same. It might be my faded twisted memories but I feel like conversations in the original trilogy were a lot breezier.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Looper posted:

dang, 1's that low huh?

KH1 aged like warm milk imho. It was before the game transitioned from being about awkward platforming to being a sick rear end character action game

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Acerbatus posted:

I mean did you buy guilty gear strive for the story? I can't think of a single fighting game where there's much thought out unto it.

Personally I chose 'Story Mode' because I assumed that would be analogous to 'campaign mode', a mode with the story and battles going along with the story. But once the first hour passed with no fighting whatsoever I began to realize my mistake

wuggles posted:

very much the same, I also have to be in a particular mood to want to play a game like that which only happens every once in a while

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

kh1 is really good but its v different from the rest of series. much slower paced and much more deliberate. i dont like it as much as 2 final mix but its better than the rest of the series

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

also imo the final mix additions to the north american release of kh1 all just make the game worse

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Acerbatus posted:

I mean did you buy guilty gear strive for the story? I can't think of a single fighting game where there's much thought out unto it.

This is late but Soul Calibur 2. Then never again.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

actually i take that back, i forgot about re:coded. re:coded is the second best game in the series and only held back by being full of weird not very good minigames that eat up a lot of the gameplay time because it was originally a mobile game. the combat is the best iteration of the command deck system they ever did and also the only time it was actually fun and interesting to use

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Darkoni posted:

Yall ever stop playing a game because it's TOO good?

Like, I was playing Death Stranding got past a tense point, had to take a break, now it's been 3 months and I'm still hesitant to jump back in because I don't think I'm in a place to fully appreciate it rn.

Yeah dude, I wonder if I'll ever finish Death stranding or Disco Elysium. Just forever existing on the cusp on nearly done.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Sony: you're getting Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone but we're never porting The Last of Us to PC

PC: fine we'll make our own Last of Us, with light bloom and RTX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKnrQ-PGPgQ

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

sharrrk posted:

actually i take that back, i forgot about re:coded. re:coded is the second best game in the series and only held back by being full of weird not very good minigames that eat up a lot of the gameplay time because it was originally a mobile game. the combat is the best iteration of the command deck system they ever did and also the only time it was actually fun and interesting to use

I still wish it could have gotten the Final Mix treatment instead of being turned into a movie for the collection as in my opinion the actual gameplay (or aspects of it at least) is the arguably the best part of the game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

the Kingdom Hearts franchise

KH2
BBS
KH3
KH1
All the other handheld games are equally meh

Re:CoM in the loving trash

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

I still wish it could have gotten the Final Mix treatment instead of being turned into a movie for the collection as in my opinion the actual gameplay (or aspects of it at least) is the arguably the best part of the game.

i dont think thats arguable at all lol

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

im a big CoM fan, not a flawless game at all but i thought it executed its concept really well for the most part and wish there more action card games like it. re:CoM made me upset how bad it was compared to the original

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The United States posted:

Sony: you're getting Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone but we're never porting The Last of Us to PC

PC: fine we'll make our own Last of Us, with light bloom and RTX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKnrQ-PGPgQ

Those character models kind of seem laughably bad compared to how nice some of the scenery looks

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've just been playing Slay the Spire. I did buy and play Griftlands and it's fun but StS has completely captured my attention. I have a run in progress from yesterday that is absolutely bonkers and I might do another run tonight after that.

My games in progress are numerous. Maybe I'll try to play some more FFV? I always have trouble getting into it as the characters aren't as strong as 4 or 6 and job systems give me analysis paralysis. I'm also trying to play a modded version of both Fire Emblem Echoes and Conquest. And I want to play Birthright again. And I never did finish the 3rd Ace Attorney game.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I liked GBA CoM a lot and didn’t play more than like half an hour of Re:CoM for whatever that’s worth

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

using ue4 to get access to all the quixel assets then realising theres not human models in there

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I do wish Square Enix would fire Nomura and retroactively give all of the support they gave him to Yasumi Matsuno instead, the actually good director, yes, that would make me happy, personally

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Jay Rust posted:

I do wish Square Enix would fire Nomura and retroactively give all of the support they gave him to Yasumi Matsuno instead, the actually good director, yes, that would make me happy, personally

You're absolutely right, that a man who has been extremely successful at his job, should be fired by his company.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I wish they would clone Nomura and hire him again

(but teach him how to write women, geez)

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i would trust nomura with my life

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oof

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
as much as i love ogre battle, the best games are the ones matsuno wasn't involved with and the ones he was involved with were kind of a mess, so i'm forced to acknowledge that he must be catapulted into the sun with nomura pulling the lever

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wouldn’t trust him to draw me a cool clown, which is ironic, because he’s always drawing clowns, who wear clown clothes (from the circus)

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Hello internet there was a dog at my appointment last week and his name was Waffles and I would gladly kill for him:

Thanks, and have fun

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looper posted:

as much as i love ogre battle, the best games are the ones matsuno wasn't involved with and the ones he was involved with were kind of a mess, so i'm forced to acknowledge that he must be catapulted into the sun with nomura pulling the lever

That would be extremely unjust... Nomura makes extremely messy games. But perhaps that’s the world we live in... injustice

Play
Apr 25, 2006

that's hosed up that Waffles wants you to kill for him. he seems so nice too

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Play posted:

that's hosed up that Waffles wants you to kill for him. he seems so nice too

He wants me to kill depression

just fukken snap its neck like an extra in a Steven Seagal film

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I bought and finished the Myst remake in 4 hours. Amazing visuals borderline ruined by some sub Unity quality NPC models:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I would die for Waffles, absolutely

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

AceOfFlames posted:

I bought and finished the Myst remake in 4 hours. Amazing visuals borderline ruined by some sub Unity quality NPC models:

Yeah, I get why they probably couldn't really have used the original FMV, given that it's probably like way too low a resolution to be used at VR resolutions and all the actors are 30 years older now, but yeesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I wouldn’t trust him to draw me a cool clown, which is ironic, because he’s always drawing clowns, who wear clown clothes (from the circus)

I haven't bought it yet but the TWEWY Neo characters seem ok