Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

My [31M] fiancee/girlfriend [28F] is upset that I proposed with an NFT instead of a ring. What can I do about this?

For this post my fiance will be Jenna (fake name) I'm 31 and Jenna is 28.

Jenna and I have been together 4 years. We have discussed marriage and agreed we would both be interested in the right situation financially. Jenna has recently been mad at me as I lost a significant portion of my half of our savings in dogecoin. I did make half of it back with stock market options but then lost some more and she wanted me to quit so I did. Jenna does not have an investing mind and is more interested in saving your money in a checking account and then buying a house or something, but I want to show her how we can multiply our money with investing.

Well things were going okay and then I found something that made my jaw drop. It was an NFT with significance to our life that she would love. I rushed to buy it with almost my entire life savings because I know this is a good one that could be worth a million when we're older.

I got down on one knee and presented her the NFT and she started crying. She said I was TA and that how could I do this. I explained to her that in ten years we could buy a mansion with this and it's a symbol of my love and devotion but she sees it as selfish and foolish.

I don't want to sell the NFT because it's once in a lifetime and I don't want to leave her. What can I do?

Tl:dr- My gf doesn't like investing and was mad I lost a significant amount of money in crypto. I bought her an NFT for our engagement instead of a ring and she's not saying yes and is mad. What do I do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
she was mad at me because i lost half of our savings on dogcoin so to make it up to her i bought us an mspaint drawing with the rest. why is she mad????

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

even his followers don't seem to like him very much

https://twitter.com/CaeTests/status/1428702862591381507

i assume this is what steroids and low-t booster shots do to your brain

people really need to learn that lighting and different cameras can change how something looks

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

ADINSX posted:

a lot of people thought this guy was joking too

Maybe he is but the ironic right wing troll poo poo is just as bad or worse than ironic racism or sexism, it’s still feeding into that narrative

That's a really interesting and horrifying and sad story that I hadn't heard of before, thanks for linking it

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

gschmidl posted:

My [31M] fiancee/girlfriend [28F] is upset that I proposed with an NFT instead of a ring. What can I do about this?

Jenna and I have been together 4 years. We have discussed marriage and agreed we would both be interested in the right situation financially. Jenna has recently been mad at me as I lost a significant portion of my half of our savings in dogecoin. I did make half of it back with stock market options but then lost some more and she wanted me to quit so I did. Jenna does not have an investing mind and is more interested in saving your money in a checking account and then buying a house or something, but I want to show her how we can multiply our money with investing.

Well things were going okay and then I found something that made my jaw drop. It was an NFT with significance to our life that she would love. I rushed to buy it with almost my entire life savings because I know this is a good one that could be worth a million when we're older.

I got down on one knee and presented her the NFT and she started crying. She said I was TA and that how could I do this. I explained to her that in ten years we could buy a mansion with this and it's a symbol of my love and devotion but she sees it as selfish and foolish.

I don't want to sell the NFT because it's once in a lifetime and I don't want to leave her. What can I do?

Tl:dr- My gf doesn't like investing and was mad I lost a significant amount of money in crypto. I bought her an NFT for our engagement instead of a ring and she's not saying yes and is mad. What do I do?

I love the mentality that he 'made half of it back, then lost some more', like the 2 hours he was less in the red somehow legitimizes everything, even though he ended up down more later. Roulette players have a greater sense of reality.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

gschmidl posted:

Jenna does not have an investing mind
and neither do you, pal! lmao

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

look you have to spend money to make money, therefore the more money i spend the more i'm guaranteed to make later!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

gschmidl posted:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Mega_Gibz/status/1432367271159160837

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Why won't he marry an NFT?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
My butt ... It's actually turning into buttcoin!

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

gschmidl posted:

this is an uplifting tale though, no matter how bad you think you are with meeting a special someone, even this turbonerd almost got one to marry him, so there's hope for all of us

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i like that his takeaway from it all is apparently "My gf doesn't like investing"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

people really need to learn that lighting and different cameras can change how something looks

the best part is those are still frames from a video, in which you clearly see it taking off. y'know, like inflatable props can totally do.

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

the best part is those are still frames from a video, in which you clearly see it taking off. y'know, like inflatable props can totally do.

You can’t fool me, I’ve seen the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Shame Boy posted:

i like that his takeaway from it all is apparently "My gf doesn't like investing"

why save your money in a checking account when you can multiply it [by a number less than one]?

having a "mind for investing" only looks like a gambling addiction to the untrained eye

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Shame Boy posted:

lol look at this guy who's never seen a balloon.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

afghanistan doesn't exist, it's all been a cover story to distract people from all the soldiers we have to send to defend the ice wall that surrounds the flat earth

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
kneeling, I display a box. She opens it to find a hardcover of Ludwig von Mises' "Human Action", the scholar's edition. The wine stings the membranes of my eyes.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

pointsofdata posted:

Y'all being obtuse, they explained how blockchain would help

https://twitter.com/Energy_Ledger/status/1432173215707709449?s=19

:proof:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
he shoulda proposed on the blockchain so that there couldn’t be any chargebacks

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
if you like it you shoulda put an nft on it

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

he should have made an ntf of his girlfriend, then he'd be the legal owner of the concept of her

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

can you make an ntf of a person? and if so how do the bitcoiners think that this affects mortality

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
you can make an nft of anything you want, you can do anything, the only limit is yourself

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Boxturret posted:

can you make an ntf of a person? and if so how do the bitcoiners think that this affects mortality

What's an ntf?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

non tokenable fung

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
you think that token is non-fungible? I will funge the gently caress out of that token.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Plank Walker posted:

congrats to this guy, now he's got plenty of free time to get to the nearest ICU and find a perfect woman
speaking of which how's dogecoin papi doing??

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Boxturret posted:

non tokenable fung

don't smoke your shrooms

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Grace Baiting posted:

bitler's financial solution

:vince:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Grace Baiting posted:

bitler's financial solution

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Boxturret posted:

Not mortality; age of consent. You already just said bitcoiners

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

FAUXTON posted:

:shrug: half the time some goon repeatedly posts the same twitter it's an account they created for the purpose of going back to the forums all "hey look at this fuckin loser" which yeah everyone's looking at the loser with the twitter account good job

how dare you accuse people on this forum of being able to cultivate an audience

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

rotor posted:

you can make an nft of anything you want, you can do anything, the only limit is yourself

welcome

to zombocoin

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Boxturret posted:

well we learned last week that if you nft a diamond and the diamond burns you still have all the value in the nft

so mortality of the specific meatbag becomes irrelevant, their value will be yours to hodl forever

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

can i make an nft for like henry ford, and since i now own the most complete and permanent representation of him use it to sign over the company to me so i become the ceo and get all their money?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

no

but you can get an NFT of the company

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

why did they call it a non-fungible token anyway. why is fungibility such a bad thing.

are my kick rear end graphic tees from highschool non-fungible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
is there an nft derivatives market (yet)