Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

micron
Nov 15, 2005

Psion posted:

look at all these people who don't remember "slidero in a J-10 vs literally everyone else on the server" in Wake 2007

or maybe you all do remember it :v:

Blackhawk22 remembers. Great times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I hope they change back vehicles to allow anyone on your team to spawn into the gunner/passenger seats. In BFV only your squadmates could

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

I don't suppose any European-based goons play BF as part of a group/server/community? English/Italian/German language is fine. I just bought BF5 on sale and I can't tell if any of the groups in the PGS subforum have a presence there.. I've also got BF1 and BF4

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

toggle posted:

I need new gameplay footage. And i need it now

Here's one I think no one posted yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQFT9lLdPFU&t=66s

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Do people actually get in legal trouble for leaking poo poo like that, or does Dice/EA just ban them or something? I imagine they agree to NDAs? Having a few minutes of internet clout by leaking it doesn't seem worth it either way

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

chaleski posted:

Do people actually get in legal trouble for leaking poo poo like that, or does Dice/EA just ban them or something? I imagine they agree to NDAs? Having a few minutes of internet clout by leaking it doesn't seem worth it either way

According the a community rep, the most likely consequences for breaking the NDA would be getting banned from the current and any future tests, and possibly getting banned from the full game on top of it. I don't think they can really levy fines or anything outside of their own system, or would want to deal with the bad publicity that'd come from something like that.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RUdOpT0K1k

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I hope they change back vehicles to allow anyone on your team to spawn into the gunner/passenger seats. In BFV only your squadmates could

Nah, squad spawn is the better solution for this IMO; I don't want some random in my gunner's seat, I want to at least be able to talk to whoever is in there so there's a modicum of coordination.

I didn't play 1 or V, but as far as I can recall it's been squad spawn since BF2.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Beach Bum posted:

Nah, squad spawn is the better solution for this IMO; I don't want some random in my gunner's seat, I want to at least be able to talk to whoever is in there so there's a modicum of coordination.

I didn't play 1 or V, but as far as I can recall it's been squad spawn since BF2.

Pretty much. It's a terrible idea. Just think of a squadmate hopping out to repair only to have their seat taken by a pubbie.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

they let randos spawn in on certain vehicles like transport helos or the lovely wooden boats in BFV. This works well enough since it usually only happens on transport vehicles which is where you want randos spawning in anyways

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

they let randos spawn in on certain vehicles like transport helos or the lovely wooden boats in BFV. This works well enough since it usually only happens on transport vehicles which is where you want randos spawning in anyways

I like vehicles that are essentially mobile spawn points. APCs and similar vehicles where their main role is to move bodies. Hardline had a reinforced SUV that functioned as a team spawn, and it could turn a game around if the driver was halfway smart.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
People often forget what a beast the Amtrack is is 3/4

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

boofhead posted:

I don't suppose any European-based goons play BF as part of a group/server/community? English/Italian/German language is fine. I just bought BF5 on sale and I can't tell if any of the groups in the PGS subforum have a presence there.. I've also got BF1 and BF4

I haven't played for some time because Covid Homeoffice and gaming a the same desk didn't work for me but I think Riflen and maybe Guillermus still play regularly with a bunch of other Europeans. I am sure in October there will be a huge uptick in Eurogoon squads, we sometimes ran 4 full squads in BF.
And you'd regularly find peole to play with since BF4.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

That first tank explosion effect looked really nice.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
More :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa513NzKkQo&t=49s

All these clips are very 'Battlefield' in that whoever's footage we are seeing, are running around on their own instead of with squads.

henpod fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Aug 30, 2021

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Hopper posted:

I haven't played for some time because Covid Homeoffice and gaming a the same desk didn't work for me but I think Riflen and maybe Guillermus still play regularly with a bunch of other Europeans. I am sure in October there will be a huge uptick in Eurogoon squads, we sometimes ran 4 full squads in BF.
And you'd regularly find peole to play with since BF4.

October is a good call, I will check back then, thank you! I got a bit ahead of myself cos the city I'm in has just had no summer this year, so it already feels like late autumn

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I really want to knock down all those helicopters

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Blue Raider posted:

I like vehicles that are essentially mobile spawn points. APCs and similar vehicles where their main role is to move bodies. Hardline had a reinforced SUV that functioned as a team spawn, and it could turn a game around if the driver was halfway smart.
I remember hiding the spawn truck in the parking garage with that elevator that lead up to the top of the building on that city map, it worked pretty well.

Also while driving our spawn truck I once got into a shoving match with the enemy spawn truck and managed to push them out of bounds, destroying them.

Good times.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Julius CSAR posted:

People often forget what a beast the Amtrack is is 3/4

The halftracks in BFV were hilariously overpowered as well. As long as their was a seat available, they had open team spawning, but the fact that they had a rear gunner, top gunner, and for some reason the front passenger seat was a gunner as well as impervious to small arms fire made them great to break through enemy infantry lines.

Then again - https://streamable.com/ujb89

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Hazard zone info when?!

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

jisforjosh posted:

The halftracks in BFV were hilariously overpowered as well. As long as their was a seat available, they had open team spawning, but the fact that they had a rear gunner, top gunner, and for some reason the front passenger seat was a gunner as well as impervious to small arms fire made them great to break through enemy infantry lines.

Then again - https://streamable.com/ujb89

in all the...200 hours I played BFV I don't think I ever saw any halftracks go on a tear, I'd usually see them roll into a point and get deleted by Assaults within 5 seconds, that and the top gunner was a death sentence (same with the gunner position for tanks)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I loved how they added the ability for the top gunner in tanks to duck inside, but they still take explosive damage so anyone shooting the tank with rockets (or with other tanks) would still end up killing the gunner without even trying

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Whenever I tried to use the top gun on a tank I honestly think I died more to rocket splash damage than getting shot with bullets. Unless the rocket hit some geometrically furthest point on the tank from the gunner you could survive maybe 3 hits.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I always aim for the dude sticking out of the tank in any game because gently caress that guy

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Beastie posted:

I always aim for the dude sticking out of the tank in any game because gently caress that guy

I always respect his moxie, but I don't allow that kind of foolishness when I can help it.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
It's the Audie Murphy position, you can definitely use the machinegun to get some kills, but you're a huge target. I like it, it's best avoided for survival reasons but it can be used to go on a tear if the tank driver is good enough.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Bow gunner on the St Chamond is OP as hell

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

After the A7V in BF1 I could understand why they would want to make tank gunner positions slightly more vulnerable but in true DICE fashion it was a massive over-correction.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Aces High posted:

in all the...200 hours I played BFV I don't think I ever saw any halftracks go on a tear, I'd usually see them roll into a point and get deleted by Assaults within 5 seconds, that and the top gunner was a death sentence (same with the gunner position for tanks)

Had a game about a month ago on Marita where I went 2-0, but my friend went something like 57-0 as I drove him around all match as he gunned people down in the second seat.

It’s ridiculously annoying solo when you switch to the gunner seat and you have somebody hop In the driver seat only to drive it directly into the middle of the enemy team to get nuked instantly.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Usual hardcore all maps BF4 server I go on was full last night so I joined a vanilla maps one. Went on a 86 kill rampage on Zavod that honestly prob could have been about 150+ easy if I had managed to get back into a vehicle after my initial 27 kill streak in the AA just moving back and forth outside C/D. People just kept spawning in the hills and in the buildings and I just kept mowing em down. I'd say that has to be my best streak ever

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The half-track MGs got nerfed fast in V, they wer incredibly powerful for a bit.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

After the A7V in BF1 I could understand why they would want to make tank gunner positions slightly more vulnerable but in true DICE fashion it was a massive over-correction.

In the BFV beta the tank gunners MGs did like 50 damage per bullet so it actually kind of worked because the gunner would instantly delete anyone in his sights but was still vulnerable to being shot from the side/rear, but then they nerfed it for launch because sniper players complained so now the gunner usually will just lose in a 1v1 at any serious distance

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Fart Car '97 posted:

The half-track MGs got nerfed fast in V, they wer incredibly powerful for a bit.

Yeah I need to dig through my old footage but I recall launch BFV when we had loads of goons and just decimating teams on Hamada Breakthrough with halftracks

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/1433075742322069508

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
drat it, I came here to post that lol

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i've never seen a twitter thread validate a dumb meme so effectively

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i've never seen a twitter thread validate a dumb meme so effectively

We are the worst FPS fanbase

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Looking for a source but seeing some leaks, from levelcap (yea i know :jerkbag:), saying that potentially getting beta this weekend.

https://charlieintel.com/battlefield-2042-open-beta-start-date-leak/127608/

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Looking for a source but seeing some leaks, from levelcap (yea i know :jerkbag:), saying that potentially getting beta this weekend.

https://charlieintel.com/battlefield-2042-open-beta-start-date-leak/127608/

A major Italian and German gaming retailer had it on their BF2042 listing

they have since removed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

September 22?

https://twitter.com/_Tom_Henderson_/status/1433155811958796293