Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Sassy Witch
This poll is closed.
Magilou 33 28.45%
Oddium 9 7.76%
All of them 15 12.93%
All of them (except the problematic ones) 30 25.86%
metis, whose birthday is this month 12 10.34%
Metis cannot stop editing polls 17 14.66%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Now that Christmas starts mid-October I say we take over September and make it New October.

New October Spooky Chat Thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
good witch content on this page

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Stux posted:

so matsuda has a higher batting average over the last 25 years

matsuda is the pokemon guy, check yourself

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Looper posted:

good witch content on this page

:negative:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Looper posted:

matsuda is the pokemon guy, check yourself

so im right

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Winter outfit Marisa from Forbidden Scrollery is best Marisa

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

it was a command

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Finally got around to watching the more in depth Saints Row trailer and it has me tentatively excited about the game and hopefully they can capture the mixture of zaniness and brutality that made Saints Row 2 so much fun.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

September Lilies: Tales is of Arise

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
August chat thread [56K no]

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Help Im Alive posted:

i did not know there was a version of the game boy with a backlit screen and that this was the packaging for the clear version

lmao. hey little kids! gently caress this space bimbo k?

haveblue posted:

August chat thread the internet [56K no]

ftfy

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Do You Remember 21st Thread of September?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Mix. posted:

Do You Remember 21st Thread of September?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
September Chat: ITT We Chat About Video Games and Video Games

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

that was like every witch in one post but you missed one

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
20th Anniversary September Chat Thread: Remembering 20 Years Since Ico

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rarity posted:

Never forget

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

September Chat: The Games Have Arrived At Last

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What are the September games

I'm looking forward to Lif3 is Strang3 and maybe WarioWare/Sonic Colours/Kena (I haven't watched any footage of this since the original reveal but it looked p good)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Current grain of salt rumour is Switch Online might be getting Gameboy and Gameboy Colour titles 'very soon'.

Rarity posted:

20th Anniversary of Gamecube
25th Anniversary of Nintendo 64
35th Anniversary of Sega Master System
40th Anniversary of Galaga

A whole bunch of anniversaries apparently! - https://www.teechu.com/2021-video-game-gaming-anniversaries-birthdays

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm looking forward to Lif3 is Strang3 and maybe WarioWare/Sonic Colours/Kena (I haven't watched any footage of this since the original reveal but it looked p good)

Lake is coming out tomorrow and seems to be my kind of vibe. You drive a mail truck and it looks like nothing happens.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah apart from the Sonic Colors remake, the aforementioned Lake, and the new Life is Strange installment what other notable games are due out next month out of curiosity?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Larryb posted:

Yeah apart from the Sonic Colors remake, the aforementioned Lake, and the new Life is Strange installment what other notable games are due out next month out of curiosity?

WRC 10 biotch!!!

also a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Death Stranding Director's Cut is releasing on PS5, and I think Deathloop is September?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

WarioWare, Deathloop, Diablo II (lol), Melty Blood, Lost Judgement

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Outer Wild's expansion DLC is coming out near the end of september and that one's likely gonna be very interesting.

beautiful but also hopefully good pixely game Eastward is also coming out on the 16th.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Maybe this September will remind me how to enjoy games again.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Tales of Arise and Lost Judgment

I'm also going to give Death Loop the benefit of the doubt because of Arkane, though I'm skeptical of it being my sort of thing

Play
Apr 25, 2006

oh yeah also Hot Wheels Unleashed (hell yeah) and Sable (totally down for it it's just too beautiful to pass up)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Death Stranding Director's Cut requires that you buy the whole game over again. It doesn't have a DLC option. :barf: Will wait for a PC release instead.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Larryb posted:

as always, a lot of cool indie games.

Eastward is a top-down action adventure with gorgeous pixel art
Gamedec is a detective game where you go into virtual game worlds to solve cyber crimes (i'm still waiting to see on this one, the lack of info on a lot of the campaign makes me wonder if it'll be a "to be continued" situation)
Sable is the chill-out Moebius open world adventure
Get in the Car Loser is Christine Love's newest hot mess
Bonfire Peaks is this year's Draknek game (A Monster's Expedition, A Good Snowman is Hard to Build) by the creator of Pipe Push Paradise
Severed Steel is a gun stunts FPS game where you jump off walls and slow down time and just go crazy, it rules
TOEM is a photography game where you help people out by taking pictures and showing them. love this one
Kitaria Fables is a lower-budget/ambition Rune Factory kinda game sans-dating
Webbed is a game where you are spider

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does Like a Dragon have a sequel in development?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought it had a $10 upgrade option?

E: it does https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/blog.playstation.com/2021/07/08/death-stranding-directors-cut-launches-on-ps5-september-24-2021/amp/

Play
Apr 25, 2006

yeah Webbed looks cool af. nice vibrant art and playing as a spider is just something I wanna do, don't judge me

e: yep there is a Like a Dragon sequel coming:

https://www.dualshockers.com/toshihiro-nagoshi-yakuza-like-a-dragon-2-15th-anniversary/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh weird, this isn't available on the American PSN store that I can find though. Maybe it won't be available until close to release. That sometimes happens with these releases. I would still really like the Director's Cut on PC though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PS5 upgrades are almost never on the store until the day it launches for whatever reason.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wrapped up SR4; SR3 really holds up better, at least remastered, both are fun romps though. The superpowers are fun, but the control scheme feels a bit half-baked and its difficult to control; you can see why they just remove them from you for half of the missions. It does wrap up the series in a satisfying way though, except for the whole "humanity extinct" thing lol

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Sakurazuka posted:

PS5 upgrades are almost never on the store until the day it launches for whatever reason.

To make money off the unobservant or impatient most likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

There’s an insane amount of games coming out in September

Like I’ve been struggling to keep up this year anyway but September is nuts