Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Apparently the players were in their 20s and 30s?!?!?!!?

And they still got BTFO by highschoolers? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mix. posted:

i cant believe you'd post this and not share the loving intro theme, composed by the same guy who made that one pictionary NES track that people went apeshit for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_gObHt1uZA

I wanted to leave it for someone else to post because the solstice music is always a good time. He also did the music for Plok and that really bad Silver Surfer game with the kickass soundtrack. Same dude also made those fmv games Contradiction and At Dead of Night.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Waffleman_ posted:

Apparently the players were in their 20s and 30s?!?!?!!?

What? How? Why?

I am hooked on this story now, I have to know how it plays out.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My favorite "game composer goes ham on something completely incongruous" is Unused Song 2 from The Flintstones by Dean Evans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRF_7xsu10c

quote:

This track was never actually written for anything in particular, until I was asked if I had any unused tracks I'd written that could be added to 'The Flintstones'. There were four tracks that I contributed, those being - Password Screen, Cinema, Staff Roll and this.

The reason the tracks ended up in 'The Flintstones' was the fact that there was spare ROM space on the cartridge and the programmers wanted to fill this up with music for their jukebox. The other tracks were used in the game, but of course this wasn't at all suitable, it was however left on the game cartridge.

Somewhat disappointing story

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Mix. posted:

i cant believe you'd post this and not share the loving intro theme, composed by the same guy who made that one pictionary NES track that people went apeshit for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_gObHt1uZA

Finally got a chance to listen to this. Holy hell he did that on the NES? I also laughed at the one comment on the video of "just needed to make a title theme not the 8bit soundtrack to lord of the rings."

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I finally saw the default new Saint's Row Boss... looks cool imo

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

No Mr.Sheffield no buy

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I always play SR as a tiny anime lady because that makes me laugh, so I hope they have the Cloud hairstyle in the reboot

Also a Russian accent again

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I always play SR as a tiny anime lady because that makes me laugh, so I hope they have the Cloud hairstyle in the reboot

Also a Russian accent again

Russian boss, best boss.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

playing a lot of blast corps today, and here's my very relevant blast corps take. the dump truck is the worst vehicle in blast corps

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
you can take that dump truck and chug it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Todd Howard: see that dump truck? you can chug it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

homeless snail posted:

playing a lot of blast corps today, and here's my very relevant blast corps take. the dump truck is the worst vehicle in blast corps

The dump truck levels were one of the final vehicles I needed to 100% the game.

Spent days on one lovely level you have to swipe house after house perfectly with what is essentially a 3 wheeled trolley for a vehicle.
I hated it.

Yes yes emulation, but it still bums me out the Rare Replay bundle never hit a Nintendo console with all the positive relations Microsoft X Nintendo seemed to have going for a while now.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Isn’t there a new monkey ball this month

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My favorite "game composer goes ham on something completely incongruous" is Unused Song 2 from The Flintstones by Dean Evans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRF_7xsu10c

It's a shame they never made the Flintstones / Donkey Kong Country crossover this track was clearly composed for

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

This guy don't give a gently caress what you think stux

it's :2bong: but :1bong1staff:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
tax scam or department of education scam? did they hire a bunch of guys off fiverr or craigslist so they got rinsed by a bunch of teenagers

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I have no idea if there's a cool story behind it but here's my favorite "this banger is completely out of place here" video game song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u770IHHUQ1Y

I've always thought it sounds like Boards of Canada trying to make an upbeat chiptune soundtrack for Earthbound. Featuring voice clips from the challenger shuttle mission, numbers stations and a dog barking? :shrug:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Sep 1, 2021

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Isn’t there a new monkey ball this month

I'm not hugely familiar with monkey ball but I think it's some sort of remix of the first few games rather than a "new" thing?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone else play The Forgotten City? Really surprised this Groundhog Day-rear end game isn't seeing more buzz considering how involved it is for something so budget.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

deep dish peat moss posted:

I have no idea if there's a cool story behind it but here's my favorite "this banger is completely out of place here" video game song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u770IHHUQ1Y

I've always thought it sounds like Boards of Canada trying to make an upbeat chiptune soundtrack for Earthbound. Featuring voice clips from the challenger shuttle mission, numbers stations and a dog barking? :shrug:

Especially odd when you factor in that any person playing it is gonna have it drowned out by BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG RELOAD RELOAD

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have been playing the Witness and this game is breaking my brain (in a good way). I am seeing puzzles everywhere. Everywhere! :3:
Excited to return to it on Friday but also a little worried it might take me further down into a puzzle mind blowing spiral.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So I've come to the conclusion I won't be able to 100% Mercs 2 cause some of the side missions are bullshit hard. Therefore my goals are now the following:

- Complete all story missions
- Unlock all outposts
- Complete all side missions at level 1
- Complete all assassinations and building destructions
- Find all the collectibles

This feels achieveable. I haven't gamed in a couple of days though cause I've got wisdom tooth pain and it's been too bad for me to think about games :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dean Evans was great at doing soundtracks way better than the game deserved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kf_esaJUpA

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Rarity posted:

So I've come to the conclusion I won't be able to 100% Mercs 2 cause some of the side missions are bullshit hard. Therefore my goals are now the following:

- Unlock all outposts

This feels achieveable. I haven't gamed in a couple of days though cause I've got wisdom tooth pain and it's been too bad for me to think about games :(

The only thing I remember about Mercs 2, is being really disappointed in it after absolutely loving the first Mercenaries.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WznOYgm8KqY

Rarity posted:

- Unlock all outposts

Some of Mercs 2 feels like it's not balanced for single player and assumes you're playing coop

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Do you remember
The 107th post of September

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
No but I do remember reign the conqueror, which I have decided to watch because I want to see how it holds up since I didn't give it a fair shake when I saw it when it was first on adult swim.

The art is still really cool and I actually appreciate it now unlike when I first saw it. I just finished episode 5 and I'm having fun with it. Makes me wish there was a Warriors game tie-in because I feel like it'd fit pretty well.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

FirstAidKite posted:

No but I do remember reign the conqueror, which I have decided to watch because I want to see how it holds up since I didn't give it a fair shake when I saw it when it was first on adult swim.

The art is still really cool and I actually appreciate it now unlike when I first saw it. I just finished episode 5 and I'm having fun with it. Makes me wish there was a Warriors game tie-in because I feel like it'd fit pretty well.

This is triggering memories of me getting nightmares from watching Aeon Flux as a child

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Whizzing Wizard posted:

This is triggering memories of me getting nightmares from watching Aeon Flux as a child

Same creator(s?) or whatever so it makes sense you'd be reminded of Aeon Flux

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Sakurazuka posted:

Dean Evans was great at doing soundtracks way better than the game deserved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kf_esaJUpA

"Diving" is such an absurdly-fantastic tune; I like to imagine that in some alternate universe this achieved Donkey Kong Country levels of notoriety and we'd all be listening to remixes of Waterworld tracks on Smash Bros.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I wanna check out Lake today and I’ve also got some gabebux lying around for it

But, I’ve got three PC games that I could play instead (Guilty Gear, Quake, and Recompile, the latter two of which I have either not touched or barely touched)

AND I just wanna play 7 Remake because the plate just fell so poo poo is hot right now

video games

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

wuggles posted:

AND I just wanna play 7 Remake because the plate just fell so poo poo is hot right now

video games

yes.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Video games... the devil's utensils

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rarity posted:

- Unlock all outposts

This feels achievable. I haven't gamed in a couple of days though cause I've got wisdom tooth pain and it's been too bad for me to think about games :(

Do those missions seem like they were tuned to require co-op play? Or would they be bullshit regardless?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Just put custom firmware and a hefty harddrive in my PS3. Are there any good games for it that:
1) don't look like a brown, low poly smear
or 2) is not the worst version of a multi platform game?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

tokyo jungle

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZtTr23pzXo

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh man, I just found out they added a button at some point to make Blue Mage not dumb garbage in FFXIV. Maybe I should try that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
BREAKING NEWS
https://twitter.com/SuperMonkeyBall/status/1433052027614109701

Why wasn't this the gamescom annoucement?