Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

epic 2012 username posted:

Paying to shop? they should be paying me....

They do pay me. About $400 a year with my credit card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

When you go to coco.... yo u lose.>~>....
A heathen speaking tongues is in our midst.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Lutha Mahtin posted:

this post packs an amazing amount of self-own into 2 paragraphs

Sorry I didn't like your hotdish after service this week. I just think that Daisy products should be reserved for people who think mayonnaise is spicy

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

update: it's 1am and my dad just emerged from his bedroom to open the 2nd jar of olives

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

update: it's 1am and my dad just emerged from his bedroom to open the 2nd jar of olives

Crom bless him.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I don’t have the credit card but I do have the executive membership and it more than pays for itself in the 2% back rebate, so I don’t pay to shop there anymore plus I get a little back. Add to that the hot dog and drink WITH REFILL for $1.50 so I can take my kids out to lunch with me before shopping for $4.50? poo poo man I’m saving shitloads of money.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Cosco has me rolling. Paying a monthly fee... TO SHOP! High bad prices... giant portions of products with no variety. Thats how you fail.

I have a Cosco stepladder that I bought from Costco. Always makes me smile when I see it. It's an excellent stepladder, by the by.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Soul Dentist posted:

Sorry I didn't like your hotdish after service this week. I just think that Daisy products should be reserved for people who think mayonnaise is spicy

sour cream is by definition a cultured dairy product, and it originated in europe. virginia has been famous for peanut production for literally hundreds of years, and one of the varieties of commercially grown peanuts is named after the place. please continue to post during your corncob metamorphosis

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 1, 2021

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

CULTURED DAIRY PRODUCT FIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT *throws a container of cottage cheese*

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Johnny Truant posted:

CULTURED DAIRY PRODUCT FIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT *throws a container of cottage cheese*

Well actually, if you look at the label, theres ZERO cottage in it

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=firgcoOLSSs

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
"Pay to shop" usually it would take 1-2 months of regular shopping for food and household goods before you'd made your money back in savings versus trying to buy similar quality at Walmart or grocery stores. I'm pretty sure just from buying the bulk paper towels I'm making my money back because the prices in regular stores are like $5 for 2 rolls.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

My partner and I are switching from paper towels to reusable dish cloths... And Costco has a 24 pack for like $12 :kiss:

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Johnny Truant posted:

My partner and I are switching from paper towels to reusable dish cloths... And Costco has a 24 pack for like $12 :kiss:

Nice. We basically cut our paper towel usage to a third by doing this and save the disposable towels for the grosser stuff.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Same. I bought a massive rag pack from the restaurant section like 4 years ago and have gone through like 2 rolls of paper towels since. Mostly for bacon grease lol

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

BadSamaritan posted:

Nice. We basically cut our paper towel usage to a third by doing this and save the disposable towels for the grosser stuff.

:hmmyes:

Our exact thought! Have a few rolls for cat puke she miscellaneous stuff but the washcloths or whatever are great. Got a bunch of terry cloth rags for dirtier/garage work, and then my mom bought a 24 pack of microfiber cloths as well, so I'm fuckin swimming in reusable rags and towels

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

pentyne posted:

"Pay to shop" usually it would take 1-2 months of regular shopping for food and household goods before you'd made your money back in savings versus trying to buy similar quality at Walmart or grocery stores. I'm pretty sure just from buying the bulk paper towels I'm making my money back because the prices in regular stores are like $5 for 2 rolls.

When Costco opened in my city in Korea, a membership was $35. Also when you signed up they gave you three coupons for $30 off whatever. You could make back that remaining $5 by buying a single brick of cheese.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Grand Fromage posted:

When Costco opened in my city in Korea, a membership was $35. Also when you signed up they gave you three coupons for $30 off whatever. You could make back that remaining $5 by buying a single brick of cheese.

How much sugar was in this cheese

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

KakerMix posted:

How much sugar was in this cheese

None. That's why we loved Costco.

They did have a pump of corn syrup by the mustard and ketchup so you could syrup up your hot dog and pizza though. Those were also the same as the US so not sweet enough for local tastes.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

I'm not one to call for the sanctity of hotdogs but what the gently caress

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
I'm assuming the answer is yes, because it's Costco, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Last week we made a run and grabbed a couple of things without consulting the current savings book that went into effect today. Probably gonna make another run this weekend - if I go to the service desk and ask, will they refund me the difference?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

look what i saw today. is someone from costco monitoring this thread??? :xd:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Kalsco posted:

I'm not one to call for the sanctity of hotdogs but what the gently caress

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

look what i saw today. is someone from costco monitoring this thread??? :xd:

What percentage of cheese is in this?!?!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
When I went yesterday they were only selling the Good Culture singles in multiples of 3 cartons, which is beyond the pale no matter how much one person can love cottage cheese

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

WescottF1 posted:

I'm assuming the answer is yes, because it's Costco, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Last week we made a run and grabbed a couple of things without consulting the current savings book that went into effect today. Probably gonna make another run this weekend - if I go to the service desk and ask, will they refund me the difference?

Usually they will as long as the item is in it's return period.

I generally only do this with big ticket items, I personally wouldn't bother if go-gurt for the kids dropped 2 bucks or whatever. If you just bought a TV and its 200 dollars off though, definitely do it.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Will I be a bad person for returning a HP printer I bought maybe over a year ago? Their ink is overpriced and predatory.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I would lean toward yes for an item that's not actually broken but it's HP so gently caress 'em.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Brother laser printers for life.

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

WescottF1 posted:

They will if you bring in the original receipt for the adjustment within 30 days of purchase. Without the receipt they're not supposed to refund the difference but some warehouses might do so for small amounts anyway.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Just booked a rental car through Costco Travel.

It just feels better.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

None. That's why we loved Costco.

They did have a pump of corn syrup by the mustard and ketchup so you could syrup up your hot dog and pizza though. Those were also the same as the US so not sweet enough for local tastes.

You're fuckin with us right

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Johnny Truant posted:

No, he's not. An old school corn dog in Korea is rolled in granulated sugar, and it's still a popular street snack.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Johnny Truant posted:

It might've been rice syrup, not corn.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Valth001 posted:

They will if you bring in the original receipt for the adjustment within 30 days of purchase. Without the receipt they're not supposed to refund the difference but some warehouses might do so for small amounts anyway.

I tried getting a price adjustment on a laptop that I bought at the end of June that went on sale in August. It was within the return window so I thought it would be a slam dunk but they told me 30 days was the price adjustment window. I simply told the guy that I didnt want to waste everyone's time wiping the laptop, returning it, and buying one on sale and he nodded, asked a manager, then gave me the adjustment. They would take a loss on sending the laptop to a refurb seller and I buy way too much poo poo without ever returning it so I wasnt worried about them pulling my membership and calling me an rear end.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

It might've been rice syrup, not corn.

Did it just look like someone pumped hand sanitizer or glue on their dog?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Finally set up that Winix Air Purifier I got on sale at costco and had my first test-case of it getting mad when I fart near it. A+++ would fart again

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Fartington Butts posted:

Did it just look like someone pumped hand sanitizer or glue on their dog?

Cum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

schreibs posted:

I tried getting a price adjustment on a laptop that I bought at the end of June that went on sale in August. It was within the return window so I thought it would be a slam dunk but they told me 30 days was the price adjustment window. I simply told the guy that I didnt want to waste everyone's time wiping the laptop, returning it, and buying one on sale and he nodded, asked a manager, then gave me the adjustment. They would take a loss on sending the laptop to a refurb seller and I buy way too much poo poo without ever returning it so I wasnt worried about them pulling my membership and calling me an rear end.

IF THEY ARE STILL SELLING THE EXACT SAME MODEL:

1. Purchase new one at sale price.
2. Walk the unopened box right over to customer service
3. Tell them you wish to return the one you purchased two months ago, at the full price.

A Costco customer service rep taught me that. For me it was the $400 laser printer that went on sale for $320 , 3 months later.