Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stephen Harper
Apr 13, 2011

Canada is a Northern European welfare state in the worst sense of the term, and very proud of it.

Hammerite posted:

paying people money for editing

submission #10 posted:

But First, a Quick Aside: The Exit Strategy

The only strategic thing for a token-holder to do will be not to exit. This is because of a principle described in the Free TON White Paper which calculates the formula of exchange of a currency as the “total project revenue divided by the total amount of governance tokens outstanding multiplied by the amount of tokens to be exchanged.” This is precisely what the formula for the exchange of the Governance Token should be. However unlike Free TON, as was mentioned previously, there will be no other method for the exchange of the Freecyclopedia Governance Token. Such a formula actually ensures it is actually advantageous to hold the token rather than selling it because its exchangeable value continuously increases. It is expressed thusly: (some bullshit math)

edit: lol same proposal

quote:

There is no need for mathematical gymnastics or governance aerobics to qualify true expertise. You just need the market.

Stephen Harper fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Boxturret posted:

does an nft of all nfts contain itself?
no, an nft of all nfts doesn't exist and therefore it's part of my nft of all things that don't have nfts, which contains itself as well as your question, which you unlawfully posted without first obtaining a permission nft from me

one million dollars plz

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

SubG posted:

no, an nft of all nfts doesn't exist and therefore it's part of my nft of all things that don't have nfts, which contains itself as well as your question, which you unlawfully posted without first obtaining a permission nft from me

one million dollars plz

sorry for my transgressions, i don't currently have one million dollars on me but can you instead accept this .png that has been independently valued at 1.1 million dollars?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

since the boopsie nft was worth sexnumber dollars and it was made up of 5000 images i conclude that your one image is worth approximately US$13800

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

also ntfs are eternal, not like transitory things like diamonds. if you make a diamond and you later lose it because it gets ovarian cancer or some other common cause of diamond loss then you still have the nft. this is known. an nft extends infinitely after its creation

similarly that means that not having an nft extends infinitely before its creation. therefore my nft of all things that don't have nfts includes all things that did not have nfts at some point in their existence, which is everything

so i already have an nft for that image

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

its like you don't understand digital rights management at all

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

SubG posted:

also ntfs are eternal, not like transitory things like diamonds. if you make a diamond and you later lose it because it gets ovarian cancer or some other common cause of diamond loss then you still have the nft. this is known. an nft extends infinitely after its creation

similarly that means that not having an nft extends infinitely before its creation. therefore my nft of all things that don't have nfts includes all things that did not have nfts at some point in their existence, which is everything

so i already have an nft for that image

(anime guy gesturing at a butterfly) Is this an nft???

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Blotto_Otter posted:

No Fiancee Today

🅱️inancée

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
just broke a glass in the kitchen while doing the washing up. Once again my failure to use Blockchain bites me in the rear end

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A 🧼-Hands Hodler

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

large hands posted:

Holden: The baby deer lays on its back, its body freezing in the icy wind, beating its legs trying to get to warmth, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping

Rageah0licMonkeh: check this out... Buttcoin! lmao

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Hammerite posted:

just broke a glass in the kitchen while doing the washing up. Once again my failure to use Blockchain bites me in the rear end

If you had an NFT of the glass, you would still own the asset!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SubG posted:

its like you don't understand digital rights management at all

what if I understand digital wrongs management though

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Blotto_Otter posted:

No Fiancee Today

NoneMoreNegative posted:

🅱️inancée

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Stephen Harper posted:

the submissions are all terrible but this one revolves around every user having "brainpower"

that's a lift from another Wikipedia But I Am King, On The Blockchain, called Everipedia

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Stephen Harper posted:

edit: lol same proposal

Wait so the logic here is that becuase potential future gains will always increase, the logical move will be for people to never exit, hence putting all the potentially infinite wealth into a space of pure speculation, since by this logic this paper wealth can never be realized?

If I'm reading it correctly, then the value proposal collapses the second anyone decides that they would rather actually spend some of their "money", instead of just letting it magically accrue without touching ti.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Beelzebufo posted:

Wait so the logic here is that becuase potential future gains will always increase, the logical move will be for people to never exit, hence putting all the potentially infinite wealth into a space of pure speculation, since by this logic this paper wealth can never be realized?

If I'm reading it correctly, then the value proposal collapses the second anyone decides that they would rather actually spend some of their "money", instead of just letting it magically accrue without touching ti.

hush, you'll spoil the exit scam

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Beelzebufo posted:

why did they call it a non-fungible token anyway. why is fungibility such a bad thing.

are my kick rear end graphic tees from highschool non-fungible

Depending on the age of those T-shirts they could render you non-fuckable

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Hammerite posted:

lmao at the hate-mention of :gerard:

looking forward to Stack Overflow crossed with Wikipedia, brought to you by the Blockchain

I actually genuinely want to see what kind of bizarro world version of wikipedia they come up with by baking in perverse incentives and paying people money for editing. I mean it won't go anywhere but if it did I feel like it is guaranteed to be really funny.

The only good thing on Wikipedia that is (or was) frequently edited is Danial Tosh’s bio. Most was trash (ur mom lol), but you could refresh immediately and see some clever writing that was so understated it was impossible to determine if it was actually true or not.

The Tosh.0 interview with the “Bitcoin Millionaire” teenager is top shelf good, though.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Boxturret posted:

sorry for my transgressions, i don't currently have one million dollars on me but can you instead accept this .png that has been independently valued at 1.1 million dollars?

:3:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
God, how much could I get for the digital rendering of laying down on the ceiling pissing and making GBS threads myself on some rectangles I don’t quite understand the purpose they bring?

MSPAINT a NFT for SA thread; derivative idea, do not cut & paste!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Date: Wednesday 8 Oct 2008 12.37pm
To: Jane Gilles
Subject: Re: Overdue account

Dear Jane,

I do not have any money so I am sending you this drawing I did of a spider instead. I value the drawing at $233.95 so trust that this settles the matter.

Regards, David

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

22 - buy bitcoins

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Penisface posted:

22 - buy bitcoins

took me a second

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i just remembered that i've got a cool crypto cats gang tag. i wonder how many people see it who dont know about nadim kobeissi and think it means im allll up in that coin

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/verge/status/1432827048079265797?s=20

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Pile Of Garbage posted:

i just remembered that i've got a cool crypto cats gang tag. i wonder how many people see it who dont know about nadim kobeissi and think it means im allll up in that coin

I assumed it meant that you have a cat that has cryptosporidium

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

This just proves it was the real Banksy. Someone will now buy it for 500k.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

https://twitter.com/pranksy/status/1432766192205373442?s=20

Yeah, all these hackers are ethical dudes just trying to prove a point, rather than the dog who caught the car and now doesn't know what to do with this not-actually-anonymous pile of not-money that is now the subject of the entire internet's attention. Real men of principle, these hackers, definitely not some computer-touching morons realizing that they're in over their heads and have nobody to help them fence their hoard of easily-traceable stolen imaginary goods.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Blotto_Otter posted:

Yeah, all these hackers are ethical dudes just trying to prove a point, rather than the dog who caught the car and now doesn't know what to do with this not-actually-anonymous pile of not-money that is now the subject of the entire internet's attention. Real men of principle, these hackers, definitely not some computer-touching morons realizing that they're in over their heads and have nobody to help them fence their hoard of easily-traceable stolen imaginary goods.

You see, blockchain works! If it wasn't on blockchain, he would be able to sell it anonymously!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
ETHical hacker

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Beelzebufo posted:

you know the paradox about the guard who’s going to execute you someday this week, but you won’t know which day on the morning of?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
the too big to fail paradox

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

same energy

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

same energy

boooo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

same energy

pretend i posted supaburn.gif here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Blotto_Otter posted:

instead of returning it they should embrace chaos and send all the money to a known blackhole address