Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/1433292955100475393

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Keanu is great but is he Mads

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1089146322332995586?s=19

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tag urself I'm naked Mads in freeze

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

tighten Mads

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

VideoGames posted:

I have been playing the Witness and this game is breaking my brain (in a good way). I am seeing puzzles everywhere. Everywhere! :3:
Excited to return to it on Friday but also a little worried it might take me further down into a puzzle mind blowing spiral.

Five years after the fact, I still see the puzzle pattern everywhere I go.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Kerrzhe posted:

tighten Mads

Don't tell me what to do

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Chev posted:

Five years after the fact, I still see the puzzle pattern everywhere I go.

I am mentally preparing my mind for tomorrow. I am stuck on two puzzles:

1. The greenhouse floor one. I cannot yet figure out how to go above the broken floor cable. It must be something visible that I have not spotted.

2. The reflection panel with the rising and lowering water. I cannot quite get the shine to reflect the grease marks not sure where to stand for it. If that is even the correct method!

Really hoping I solve them tomorrow evening. For number 2 I have no idea, but as I am writing this post an idea for number 1 has crept into my head. Maybe the correct floor levels are previously solved puzzles. I will have to compare.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
The one thing that annoys me with Kojima's fascination with film stars is he has one of the most talented artists in the entire industry and he's stuck drawing pictures of Kojima's friends.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Played Lake for about 3 hours and it's more or less what I expected. You drive around a cozy little town in the Pacific Northwest, you deliver packages to the resident townies, you get deeply involved in all their personal drama for whatever reason, you might also get to be gay, haven't gotten that far yet. It's a bit like playing Deadly Premonition or Life is Strange except without any action, supernatural elements or a murder mystery at the center of it, you're just being a mailman and listening to the same 8 catchy songs on the local radio station. So far I'm enjoying all the character stories and seeing where they end up.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Grandma is being pretty suspicious. Why so defensive?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i think im gonna press x to doubt on that one, grandma

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Mix. posted:

i think im gonna press x to doubt on that one, grandma

In true LA Noire fashion this results in you punching the cat

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Get back to me when they mod lake to be a postman pat game

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

doubt up a cat

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I didn't doubt my cat. I didn't suspect my cat. I didn't put my notepad anywhere near my cat. I've never attempted to arrest my cats. I promised I wasn't going to make apology videos after last year's thing so I'm just trying to be as short and honest with this as possible (1/3)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
L.A Nyaa~

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hwurmp posted:

doubt up a cat

https://i.imgur.com/jRQsAIr.mp4

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I started watching John wick 3 last night, and it struck me how relatively non-mean-spirited it is, afaik no innocent bystanders ever get hurt in these films. And I like that. I watched Dredd last week and while that movie is also fun, there’s a disturbing amount of randos getting shredded by bullets (why are they even outside of their apartments)

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
It’s been a while since I’ve watched Dredd, but that’s kinda the point from what I remember. It’s a commentary on how the Law can get messed up and even the good guy isn’t really good because if you get between him and his target sucks to suck because you got in the way of the law. The cruelty in the film is the point.

There are other films I think that definitely work where it’s like “these guys did a good!” and you think about it and they more than likely killed tons of bystanders in the process but it’s okay because it happened off screen (see pretty much any Marvel movie)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wick movies worldbuilding into this weird fantasy world where an entire society of killers are mafia and cults and poo poo peacefully coexists among the people is wild and awesome. You have poo poo like Jimmy the cop in the first one fully aware of who Wick is, what he does, and he’s smart enough to simply not actually deal with anything Wick’s going through. The police never intervene in the 2 or 3rd movie. They know it’s high table poo poo and just steer clear. And I think it’s because everyone is working on the same vibe of just not killing innocent people so it all somehow works.

The Black Stones posted:

It’s been a while since I’ve watched Dredd, but that’s kinda the point from what I remember. It’s a commentary on how the Law can get messed up and even the good guy isn’t really good because if you get between him and his target sucks to suck because you got in the way of the law. The cruelty in the film is the point.

The one guy Dredd is kind to gets crushed by the door lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=420IkOsKthc

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Judge Dredd is like "America is hosed and cops are psycho but how funny would it be to imagine an even more hosed version?" and then the world decided to catch up to the joke.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dredd, the world where kinder gentler policing involves psykers that exert total mental control over people and completely destroy their autonomy and individual sense of self

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My niece was born at 11 last night, 7 pounds and all good.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jay Rust posted:

I started watching John wick 3 last night, and it struck me how relatively non-mean-spirited it is, afaik no innocent bystanders ever get hurt in these films. And I like that. I watched Dredd last week and while that movie is also fun, theres a disturbing amount of randos getting shredded by bullets (why are they even outside of their apartments)

Like everyone else has said, Dredd and John Wick go for very different things thematically, Judge Dredd is a police state satire (of which, of course, many people seem to miss the point somehow, and to which reality seems to be rapidly catching up) and John Wick goes for more of a fantasy secret hitman underworld kind of thing (although that seems to get blurrier and more cartoonish with each subsequent movie, to where it feels like literally all of New York City is in on the secret hitman underworld)

Waffleman_ posted:

Good to hear!

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Sep 2, 2021

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Woo woo!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pwnstar posted:

Judge Dredd is like "America is hosed and cops are psycho but how funny would it be to imagine an even more hosed version?" and then the world decided to catch up to the joke.

There is significantly less crime and more police accountability in Dredd's world than ours now

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Waffleman_ posted:

Level Up, Epic Gamer!!!!!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Waffleman_ posted:

Nice! Is this your first niece?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1433284039998201874?s=20

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

ok but i legitimately would take a remake/director's cut of this game

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Mix. posted:

ok but i legitimately would take a remake/director's cut of this game

I'm not interested in the game but I really hope they rerelease the jeans.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Something else I forgot to mention about Lake is that ProZD voices 1 or 2 of the supporting characters and if you're familiar with his work it's impossible to unhear him.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ghost Rider's big blocky head looks terrible

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I really didn't like Lake. Too slow, looks kind of crappy, story didn't grab me at all from the start. There's probably some good story elements in there further than I got but I decided to refund. I can't help but compare it to Road 96 which I think is a whole lot better

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Completely forgot about this game and used copes are like over 60 bucks on eBay

good rerelease man

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/1433418179775131648

Golden Goat posted:

Ghost Rider's big blocky head looks terrible

It's the Robbie Reyes version of Ghost Rider.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Infinitum posted:

It's the Robbie Reyes version of Ghost Rider.

I hate it

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Wait there's a fuckin' monster rancher character in super monkey ball

Didn't think Koei Tecmo cared enough about that series for that

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Arzaac posted:

Wait there's a fuckin' monster rancher character in super monkey ball

Didn't think Koei Tecmo cared enough about that series for that

In Japan I think it has continued to get re-releases, and in the West they're re-releasing 1 and 2 in a couple months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bravely Default II is out now on Steam. Also, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is out now on Steam.