Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

MrQueasy posted:

Majima’s entrance scene is worth at least double the $5 I paid for Yakuza 0 on its own.

its so great, especially if youre familiar with his character from later games in the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
yakuza has really good characters, you can give a poo poo about them or hate them but they're memorable

for real when was the last time anyone tohught about a GTA character?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

yakuza has really good characters, you can give a poo poo about them or hate them but they're memorable

we're winners, nico!!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

why did people ever dress like this

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

what kind of license you got? Fishing license?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

why did people ever dress like this

people are going to say the same about your pics in 25 years

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
what does the "decent" entry level steering wheel and pedals look like? I really like car games and I think it would be fun as hell to put my 4yo behind the wheel of a car too so i'm thinking about upgrading my gaming pc with some car peripherals

also even with an analog xbox controller stick turning feels too spasmodic and imprecise

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

i think about cj and his gang pretty regularly.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

SmokaDustbowl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpRXW4cf5Q4

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

also these dudes got the ps2 animation movements down so good lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo6cVxGQAig

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Corla Plankun posted:

what does the "decent" entry level steering wheel and pedals look like? I really like car games and I think it would be fun as hell to put my 4yo behind the wheel of a car too so i'm thinking about upgrading my gaming pc with some car peripherals

also even with an analog xbox controller stick turning feels too spasmodic and imprecise

The $250-$350 ish logitech wheels are probably fine. if that's too rich I got an old logitech driving force gt off eBay for like $90 and its loud but functional. certainly makes dirt rally 2.0 more fun. you can ask in the games PC sim racing thread for more precise info

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

replaying psychonauts now that the sequel is out, because I never finished it. it came out like a year before the tech was really there for comedic timing but the writing holds up

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i've been wanting to replay rayman 2 lately. i love everything about that game. idg why they didn't make another 3D rayman after that, it was all boring sidescrollers afaik

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

i think about cj and his gang pretty regularly.

yeah same.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
*nods* christ jesus

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

BEEG AMERICAN TEETEES COUSIN!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Corla Plankun posted:

the thrustmaster t150 is the cheapest “real” sim wheel out there.

after that would be the Logitech g290/g920 wheels

then the thrustmaster t300rs.

that’s in order of price/features/quality. if it’s mainly for your kid, get the t150 or a used Driving Force GT.

if you’re going to get into racing, go for the Logitech’s or the T300RS

we also have a pc sim racing thread that’s pretty active: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763524

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

the thrustmaster t150 is the cheapest “real” sim wheel out there.

after that would be the Logitech g290/g920 wheels

then the thrustmaster t300rs.

that’s in order of price/features/quality. if it’s mainly for your kid, get the t150 or a used Driving Force GT.

if you’re going to get into racing, go for the Logitech’s or the T300RS

we also have a pc sim racing thread that’s pretty active: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763524

oh nice, thank you!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
really, the biggest obstacle of a decent wheel is how you're going to mount it to your desk. If you don't have the room and can't adjust your monitors to see over it, no wheel will really work out and be comfortable. Also, you'll need a chair you can lock down because you will constantly trying to hold yourself in place while pressing the pedals.

I bought a wheel stand for my G27 and my cleaning lady made fun of me for it.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/WSLTP/status/1432735390822113285

tbh im craving the new update pretty bad i want it now now now

edit: just logged into steam and it's downloading an update for NMS i guess it's coming very soon

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Sep 1, 2021

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

despite the NMS website not being updated it looks like the new Frontiers update for NMS has been released according to the patch notes in game:

it sounds pretty drat cool!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
is nms cool now?

i remember the launch was pretty disastrous.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
I tried and bounced off it again recently. It sucks a lot of people it but isn't a sure favorite of every fan.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

is nms cool now?

i remember the launch was pretty disastrous.

it is fundamentally still the same game, just widened to an almost absurd degree

it's ok

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

yeah, the core gameplay is unchanged but there’s a ton of content now.

it’s a very chill game that I enjoy playing with my son

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i think the mac version of simcity 2000 has the best music but the playstation version is pretty good too. i was searching for mp3s of the playstation version and found this other pretty good version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8AGa17256k&t=201s

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the core activities of walking/flying around, collecting stuff, and scanning stuff are still there, but recontextualized to an almost absurd degree and also accompanied by brand new mission, base building, and task management systems

none of it is terribly deep but in terms of sheer number of different things you can do there are not many games that come close

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

people are going to say the same about your pics in 25 years

i say that about the clothes i wear as i wear them

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i think the mac version of simcity 2000 has the best music but the playstation version is pretty good too. i was searching for mp3s of the playstation version and found this other pretty good version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8AGa17256k&t=201s

When I was a kid and first asked "what kind of music are you into?" I said the simcity music. At the time it was not believed this was an acceptable answer, but now that I'm older I stand by it

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

it is fundamentally still the same game, just widened to an almost absurd degree

it's ok
The update honestly looks pretty cool but unless the procgen gets a major upgrade I'll probably never get back into it. Exploring gets boring once you notice how few biomes there are, and that all the wacky stuff is hardcoded in rather than falling out of the procgen.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

toiletbrush posted:

The update honestly looks pretty cool but unless the procgen gets a major upgrade I'll probably never get back into it. Exploring gets boring once you notice how few biomes there are, and that all the wacky stuff is hardcoded in rather than falling out of the procgen.

they added more biomes in one of the big updates and some of the content they've added has a much wider level of variety such as the derelict freighters and the settlements from the latest update. i do get your point though and i have noticed it a fair bit in the game.

btw the website has been updated with the full latest patch notes: https://www.nomanssky.com/frontiers-update/. there's a new expeditions season starting soon which looks really interesting. also i noticed another smaller update has been pushed via Steam which hopefully addresses some of the bugs and stability issues i noticed while playing last night.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
is no man’s sky like subnautica? i suddenly found myself disenchanted with the former.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
oh no. where did you end up bouncing off of subnautica?

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qyn8c4HYc91zprdtb_720.mp4

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

oh no. where did you end up bouncing off of subnautica?

when i finally got the habitat maker thingy oddly enough :geno:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

President Beep posted:

is no man’s sky like subnautica? i suddenly found myself disenchanted with the former.

I don’t know really anything about subnautica, but no mans sky can essentially be played forever. you need to follow the main quest for a bit until you can warp between solar systems, but after that you can gently caress off into space forever if you want. there is a end game to it if you follow the main quest but I’d argue the majority of people don’t.

a bit like elite dangerous in that way

my understanding of subnautica is that it has a definite end and the main story is the main point?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

my understanding of subnautica is that it has a definite end and the main story is the main point?

and a completely fixed world, yes. no procgen to be found

story's introduced by emergency radio transmissions to your lifepod and simply Going Deeper

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i THINK the technology is randomly placed (but limited to their respective biomes)

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

Ok how the hell did 44% of people who own hades even play the game, let alone beat thanatos by 15 kills?!

There has to be something broken with these achievements, 27% of people have caught a fish in each region, which means over a quarter of people who bought this incredibly hard game have beaten hades enough times they happened to have a fish spawn in greece. Are these numbers elevated somehow? Am I just awful at video games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

and a completely fixed world, yes. no procgen to be found

story's introduced by emergency radio transmissions to your lifepod and simply Going Deeper

nothing beats the experience of avoiding an ominous, foreboding cave and then taking the risk and diving in anyway