Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lmaooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i transposed those letters and was very confused why a website would want to profile whistleblowers

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Shame Boy posted:

i transposed those letters and was very confused why a website would want to profile whistleblowers

SAME.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Shame Boy posted:

lol

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Shame Boy posted:

it would redirect to the intercept in that case, not the same site on https

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
anyways i nuked tweet but will leave the post up as proof that i got tricked. the .net is a good pro choice site educating people. the .com (who godaddy is kicking off their platform) is the real snitch site.

Always hit it in an incognito browser before hollering, folks

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Deleted, like a coward.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
anyways i nuked tweet but will leave the post up as proof that i got tricked. the .net is a good pro choice site educating people. the .com (who godaddy is kicking off their platform) is the real snitch site.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
since you deleted it and didnt elaborate in the post I don't even know wtf you got tricked by

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
somebody registered prolifewhistleblower.net to be like "actually abortion is good" and i didnt look at the page first. the .com is the real one. that's all.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

if that counts as an IDN homograph attack, it's kind of a home-grown secfuck

edit: also, it seems to have kinda worked?

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Sep 4, 2021

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Jonny 290 posted:

You could also edit you're post to say that you removed the tweet, to solve the mystery.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
Johnny 290 try not to take another L challenge :negative:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
rufinator are you still cracking mirc

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

nice try officer

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ok which one of you is mark ellzey https://censys.io/blog/cve-2021-26084-confluenza/

quote:

confluenza

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
https://twitter.com/evacide/status/1434972565747822592?s=20

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

i'm the threat model that thinks protonmail should be in any discussion at all

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Real heads know riseup is the one the feds can't access

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
my pc is broadcasting an ip

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
The trick is to daisy chain your vpns and money trail through Egypt, into Israel, into Pakistan, into India.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Methanar posted:

The trick is to daisy chain your vpns and money trail through Egypt, into Israel, into Pakistan, into India.

always make your last hop is InterNIC so you can delete the logs easily

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
is this where we talk about case sensitivity

quote:

When multiple dependencies differ only in the case of their name, Arborist's internal data structure saw them as separate items that could coexist within the same level in the node_modules hierarchy. However, on case-insensitive file systems (such as macOS and Windows), this is not the case. Combined with a symlink dependency such as file:/some/path, this allowed an attacker to create a situation in which arbitrary contents could be written to any location on the filesystem.

For example, a package pwn-a could define a dependency in their package.json file such as "foo": "file:/some/path". Another package, pwn-b could define a dependency such as FOO: "file:foo.tgz". On case-insensitive file systems, if pwn-a was installed, and then pwn-b was installed afterwards, the contents of foo.tgz would be written to /some/path, and any existing contents of /some/path would be removed.

Anyone using npm v7.20.6 or earlier on a case-insensitive filesystem is potentially affected.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
phishing is easier with outlook. on the subject of the pages long language chat, outlook client falls prey to homoglyph domains and shows the information for contacts from the spoofed domain instead.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Microsoft Outlook for Microsoft 365 versions

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

infernal machines posted:

phishing is easier with outlook. on the subject of the pages long language chat, outlook client falls prey to homoglyph domains and shows the information for contacts from the spoofed domain instead.

gross

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

imo a better solution would just be to reject email from any domain with non-ascii characters

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Shaggar posted:

imo a better solution would just be to reject email from any domain

shaggar.... was right

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

confluenza continues, jenkins on the menu now https://threatpost.com/jenkins-atlassian-confluence-cyberattacks/169249/

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Cold on a Cob posted:

shaggar.... was right

Broken clock etc

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

lmao

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU

imagine: you take control of Jenkins' Confluence server. what do you do?
a. pivot to the Jenkins organization's internal network and start ransomwaring everything.
b. figure out how to get into the Jenkins' source code repo and insert some malicious code, allowing you to control thousands of high-powered servers across the world.
c. install a Monero miner

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Pendragon posted:

imagine: you take control of Jenkins' Confluence server. what do you do?
a. pivot to the Jenkins organization's internal network and start ransomwaring everything.
b. figure out how to get into the Jenkins' source code repo and insert some malicious code, allowing you to control thousands of high-powered servers across the world.
c. install a Monero miner

I've been dealing with this bullshit, and its amazing how complacent people are about the thread... like, our processes are disturbing me because its just 'patch and run maldet, and let them go, but not til the customer approves a window'(and some of our big customers are pushing back, fortunately, lol) and its bonkers. it took a week into it all before someone took the suggestion of automating and pushing to all servers seriously, and I don't think its happened yet

what a clusterfuck

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU

RFC2324 posted:

I've been dealing with this bullshit, and its amazing how complacent people are about the thread... like, our processes are disturbing me because its just 'patch and run maldet, and let them go, but not til the customer approves a window'(and some of our big customers are pushing back, fortunately, lol) and its bonkers. it took a week into it all before someone took the suggestion of automating and pushing to all servers seriously, and I don't think its happened yet

what a clusterfuck

I've run into the opposite issue with some high-priority cisco bugs where our MSP wanted to patch over a weekend and reboot our prod ASA whenever they got to it and I had to push back and say, "no, we need a window where we can tell our customers our stuff might go down."

that said you're dealing with a friggin confluence install how mission critical can those be

...I don't want to know the answer to that question, do I?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Pendragon posted:

I've run into the opposite issue with some high-priority cisco bugs where our MSP wanted to patch over a weekend and reboot our prod ASA whenever they got to it and I had to push back and say, "no, we need a window where we can tell our customers our stuff might go down."

that said you're dealing with a friggin confluence install how mission critical can those be

...I don't want to know the answer to that question, do I?

depends on the org. most people are pretty chill about us declaring an emergency bounce as long as they know, but a handful were trying to push it out by weeks for a 5 minute down

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

email sucks so loving bad, its unreal

lets have two "from" addresses, one of them is validated via spf/dkim and the other isnt (guess which one the client will show you when you are reading an email)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG posted:

email sucks so loving bad, its unreal

lets have two "from" addresses, one of them is validated via spf/dkim and the other isnt (guess which one the client will show you when you are reading an email)

and yet smtp will never die

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
lovely mail; toilet paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU
actual security question:

my company is looking to freshen up their website and the contractor they want to hire uses Wordpress. normally I wouldn't care security-wise as it wouldn't be hosted anywhere close to our networks (and thus hacks wouldn't matter) but our place in our industry makes us a possible watering hole target. how concerned should I be about the security implications of a Wordpress site?