Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Because Tsukihime ain't getting fan translated for half a year at best, and almost certainly never officially translated, would reading the manga be an okay substitute for now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
The manga is a solid read that does a decent job of tying in some of the other routes into the Arc route. You'll miss out on what's the deal with Hisui and Kohaku, but it's overall good.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Cool, I'm just a huge dweeb who wants to know what's happening in Melty Blood, and thought that just reading Wikipedia may ruin a somewhat interesting story.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Are they not removing the... The you know, from the Remake like they did with the PSP port of FSN?
are you five years old

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Cool, I'm just a huge dweeb who wants to know what's happening in Melty Blood, and thought that just reading Wikipedia may ruin a somewhat interesting story.
yeah the manga's fine. if youre gonna do that id recommend reading the melty blood manga, too, its solid and fleshes out the story a lot

that said keep in mind the tsuki remake changes a fair few things, to the point of introducing new characters and getting rid of some who were in the original vn, and the manga is an adaptation of the original tsukihime. the new melty is based on the remake. you'll still get the broad strokes of what tsukihime is, mind, and the new melty takes place in the middle of the remake so it won't be as spoiler heavy, but worth noting the tsuki remake isnt just an hd port.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Depends which Melty, though. The Tsuki manga is fine for anything currently out, but Type Lumina is based on the remake, and the PS4 trophies show it's going to be including some of its characters.

Don't let that stop you reading it though.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

The one on the right has got to be ORT, so what's the one on the left?

I think you've actually got it swapped. ORT is the one on the left, isn't it? No idea who right guy is.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Also Type-Lumina was confirmed to be a prequel to TsukiRe.

And also the original Melty Blood follows the non existent Satsuki Route so it's not like it's going to make absolute sense even after reading the original :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Also Type-Lumina was confirmed to be a prequel to TsukiRe.

And also the original Melty Blood follows the non existent Satsuki Route so it's not like it's going to make absolute sense even after reading the original :v:
The sacchin route thing is mostly just a joke to explain why it takes place in a stable status quo for a game where no route ends with everyone alive and in the same place as they started. The actual way to take it is that Shiki resolved all the outward conflicts from the antagonists and now everyone's just kinda bumming around in the same city. it makes perfect sense if you know what everyone's deals are, you can extrapolate what happened pretty easily.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Endorph posted:

are you five years old

I have my reasons? :shrug:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Endorph posted:

The sacchin route thing is mostly just a joke to explain why it takes place in a stable status quo for a game where no route ends with everyone alive and in the same place as they started. The actual way to take it is that Shiki resolved all the outward conflicts from the antagonists and now everyone's just kinda bumming around in the same city. it makes perfect sense if you know what everyone's deals are, you can extrapolate what happened pretty easily.

I know, I meant it as a joke. Melty Blood is fine to play just by knowing who is who of the returning characters and the manga probably covers enough.

(TsukiRe spoilers)Of course now that we're getting the Sacchin route it may give us the exact details. Or Nasu will just go on a completely different direction, it's up to him.

Also on the loving according to summaries it's still there, just, you know, implied and faded to black because it's 2021 and VNs don't need explicit sex scenes to sell.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Speaking of VNs, is that fangame Fate/Empire of Dirt any good? It has an incomplete translation and a sequel got announced.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Marluxia posted:

I think you've actually got it swapped. ORT is the one on the left, isn't it? No idea who right guy is.

Apparently neither ones are ORT. :shrug:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

MonsieurChoc posted:

Apparently neither ones are ORT. :shrug:

Aren't there like 27 in total?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Yeah, ORT is like this:

Also I really don't see ORT participating in official DAA reunions.
Apparently there were only 6 DAA in that meeting, so I assume all the people surrounding the guy on the right are his familiars, or something stranger (as "that Ancestor is a collective hive mind being" or something like that)

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 30, 2021

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

There's a list of the new DAA and ORT-tan is still included so yeah, ORT just doesn't appear on that pic. And originally he's just a DAA because he nommed the previous one on its rank and stole his vampiric attributes. It actually makes more sense given how DAA work in the remake.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Plutonis posted:

Speaking of VNs, is that fangame Fate/Empire of Dirt any good? It has an incomplete translation and a sequel got announced.
ive heard its alright but rpetty fanficcy - lots of overly long extrapolation of minor details, the canon characters are more based on their fandom versions than how they're actually written, etc - but as far as fanfic goes it's decent.

havent played it myself tho, just giving my friends thoughts secondhand.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I saw Shiki and Arcueid making Dead Apostles on the Switch and one of the Dead Apostles looked at me.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

YggdrasilTM posted:

Ok, but ORT suddenly showing up for it's own inscrutable reasons would be an amazing story starter.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Characterization quality in a fanfic thingy I think is judged on a sliding scale as I know from personal experience that writing a fanfic and keeping the characters "voice" consistent is really hard. So if EoD was available in English it wouldn't affect my decision to read it.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

YggdrasilTM posted:

Yeah, ORT is like this:

Apparently there were only 6 DAA in that meeting, so I assume all the people surrounding the guy on the right are his familiars, or something stranger (as "that Ancestor is a collective hive mind being" or something like that)

I mean that's a decade old design of ORT, and the seventh lost belt in FGO is being heavily implied to be dealing with ORT, which looks like this:

It wasn't completely out of the question, but the extra context does put some light on what is apparently going on in that image.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Ok, but ORT suddenly showing up for it's own inscrutable reasons would be an amazing story starter.

This is a better reason to hope that's ORT, however.

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 30, 2021

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

YggdrasilTM posted:

Yeah, ORT is like this:

I've always thought that ORT looks exactly like an Etrian Odyssey postgame boss, which I guess is fitting

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Thuryl posted:

I've always thought that ORT looks exactly like an Etrian Odyssey postgame boss, which I guess is fitting

Even in FGO!
O! R! T!
Even in TsukiRe!
O! R! T!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

don't spoil fgo stuff at least

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

W.T. Fits posted:

Even in FGO!
O! R! T!
Even in TsukiRe!
O! R! T!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucc10BRCtcM

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Well that's one way for us to learn what Noel's deal is lol.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.famitsu.com/news/202109/02232409.html

tsukire at 140k first week, explosive entry

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Release it on steam cowards.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Space Flower posted:

https://www.famitsu.com/news/202109/02232409.html

tsukire at 140k first week, explosive entry

And this is absent digital sales (which had it hit #1 in the JP Switch store this last week).

It's a rare few VNs that break 100k - including FSN and Clannad - so 140k in the first week is smashing it out of the park.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

narm00 posted:

And this is absent digital sales (which had it hit #1 in the JP Switch store this last week).

It's a rare few VNs that break 100k - including FSN and Clannad - so 140k in the first week is smashing it out of the park.

FSN total lifetime sales (original + all the realta nua releases) are around 400k.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
That’s should be the PC sales alone and it’s 750k if you add up PS2 and Vita. And then who knows how much digital sales of full game there are on mobile. But yeah 100k is what few VNs reach in a lifetime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

VNs also tend to have an extremely long tail, so hitting 140k in its first week is a really good sign for its lifetime sales.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they should put kirei in melty blood

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Stairmaster posted:

they should put kirei in melty blood

They'd have to do an alternate universe cross-over thing like with Ryougi. I'm pretty sure he doesn't exist (in the same form) in the Tsukihime timeline.

Really, the just need to make a Fate edit of the MBCC. F/UC and F/GO Arcade were poo poo.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 4, 2021

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
they should put arihiko in melty blood

Also thanks for the info on Gawain, it’s too bad. I feel like I could easily see the Green Knight fitting into Fate.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

They probably could fit him in anyway. The only issue is finding a writer who wants to include him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at least the green knight is confirmed to exist so they could bring him in down the road. there's a lot of secondary/third string knights of the round table who have been pretty explicitly confirmed to not exist due to not being included when they list all the knights of the round table

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

AlternateNu posted:

They'd have to do an alternate universe cross-over thing like with Ryougi. I'm pretty sure he doesn't exist (in the same form) in the Tsukihime timeline.

Really, the just need to make a Fate edit of the MBCC. F/UC and F/GO Arcade were poo poo.

I used to think Arc System Works making a Servant-based fighting game was pretty likely until I saw they were making a Dungeon Fighter Online fighting game, which made me think the line to get them to make a fighting game is probably a long one