Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

RokosCockatrice posted:

Ok how the hell did 44% of people who own hades even play the game, let alone beat thanatos by 15 kills?!

There has to be something broken with these achievements, 27% of people have caught a fish in each region, which means over a quarter of people who bought this incredibly hard game have beaten hades enough times they happened to have a fish spawn in greece. Are these numbers elevated somehow? Am I just awful at video games?

you're bad at the game but also randomness has alot to do with it. thanatos can spawn in rooms with lots of smaller enemies and you just blast them all pretty much as soon as they spawn before he can get to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

RokosCockatrice posted:

Ok how the hell did 44% of people who own hades even play the game, let alone beat thanatos by 15 kills?!

it gets easier later on when you start getting some upgrades

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
beating Thanatos is not that hard because all his attacks are really slow, you can consistently steal his kills with a decent build

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

RokosCockatrice posted:

There has to be something broken with these achievements, 27% of people have caught a fish in each region, which means over a quarter of people who bought this incredibly hard game have beaten hades enough times they happened to have a fish spawn in greece. Are these numbers elevated somehow? Am I just awful at video games?

I think I have less than 20 ascensions in Hades and I've gotten two fish in Greece. I think you might just be unlucky?

EDIT: Also, the thanos thing is surprisingly easy sometimes... especially if you spawn Thanatos in Asphodel

MrQueasy fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 2, 2021

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Pile Of Garbage posted:

they added more biomes in one of the big updates and some of the content they've added has a much wider level of variety such as the derelict freighters and the settlements from the latest update. i do get your point though and i have noticed it a fair bit in the game.
yeah, it's just a shame the biomes aren't proc-genned. Texture synthesis and even flora synthesis is extremely cheap and its a shame they didn't spend some of that loading time generating/caching a 'palette' of proc genned assets for a system when you enter it. The terrain gen is also disappointingly tame.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

President Beep posted:

when i finally got the habitat maker thingy oddly enough :geno:

that was pretty much where i dropped off, too. made a lil place, got kinda bored and didnt wanna gently caress with scrounging the next tier of materials or blueprints or whatever it was i needed to Go Deeper

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Achmed Jones posted:

that was pretty much where i dropped off, too. made a lil place, got kinda bored and didnt wanna gently caress with scrounging the next tier of materials or blueprints or whatever it was i needed to Go Deeper

i think i also hosed up by starting a different game in creative or w/e it’s called. kinda ruined the discovery angle.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Finished La Pucelle Tactics in Japanese, decided I wanted more of that sort of thing so I tried to start Fire Emblem Three Houses for a second time.

The vocabulary is still absolutely kicking my rear end but I can at least sort of struggle through it now, slowly.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Achmed Jones posted:

President Beep posted:

you missed out on when poo poo gets really nuts. i bounced off it once around then too, but it's really worth pushing through to see where things go. (its wild)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

me too :haibrow:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m getting a bonus this month, so I figured I may as well treat myself and get a new 3080 so I can play BF2042 and sell my 1070

long story short, I have now broadened my net to include the 3080ti lol :retrogames:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

toiletbrush posted:

yeah, it's just a shame the biomes aren't proc-genned. Texture synthesis and even flora synthesis is extremely cheap and its a shame they didn't spend some of that loading time generating/caching a 'palette' of proc genned assets for a system when you enter it. The terrain gen is also disappointingly tame.

i wish the terrain had river systems with poo poo like fjords, deltas and waterfalls. that would rule

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I don’t know really anything about subnautica, but no mans sky can essentially be played forever. you need to follow the main quest for a bit until you can warp between solar systems, but after that you can gently caress off into space forever if you want. there is a end game to it if you follow the main quest but I’d argue the majority of people don’t.

a bit like elite dangerous in that way

my understanding of subnautica is that it has a definite end and the main story is the main point?

i've been trying to play subnautica.

honestly i think botw has spoiled me for story/open world exploration balance, i really hope the next one is somewhere near as good

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
loving hell, big same.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i fell into the ff14 void again :rip:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
simearth is nice when you can make the main window the size of the entire world

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i'm playing oblivion again, and having a nice time

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I am proud to say I have never played a MMO and I intend not to

if I want to take drugs to socialize I'll do one of the cool ones, like heroin

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

carry on then posted:

i'm playing oblivion again, and having a nice time

I was playing that recently too, the shivering isles is such a dope expansion.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

simearth is nice when you can make the main window the size of the entire world

Owns.
Are there any good multi-monitor games that play themselves, would make a cool screensaver imo

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Sapozhnik posted:

I am proud to say I have never played a MMO and I intend not to

if I want to take drugs to socialize I'll do one of the cool ones, like heroin

the moogles have cocaine

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

the moogles have cocaine

eorzean marching powder

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i'm still alternating between monstro hunter and animal crossing

also building some warhammer forty thousand miniatures but that isn't a computer

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

President Beep posted:

eorzean marching powder

me realizing I've missed an expansion's worth of aether currents

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/vectorpoem/status/850376121442983936

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

SpaceAceJase posted:

Owns.
Are there any good multi-monitor games that play themselves, would make a cool screensaver imo

https://www.davidoreilly.com/mountain

quote:

Mountain recreates the basic processes of Nature - weather, the passing of seasons, growth and death, the sun rising and setting, the sound of the wind.

Every Mountain performs this simulation differently.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I've been playing the ultima underworld series since I downloaded it a while back when it was free on GOG. It's a very difficult game.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I've been playing the ultima underworld series since I downloaded it a while back when it was free on GOG. It's a very difficult game.
UU was a good time but yeah not especially easy

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3w-HUBU_rs

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

i can't get enough of this stuff

the one with him in the command & conquer window was so good

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah

https://twitter.com/dudedra/status/884858900708814848

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

I'm going to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by vaccines... *chortle* SPAAACE

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I ignored the dragon quest suggestions and my own desire to play on the switch and ended up on ffxii zodiac from game pass

never played it before and am enjoying it so far

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

The Fool posted:

I ignored the dragon quest suggestions and my own desire to play on the switch and ended up on ffxii zodiac from game pass

never played it before and am enjoying it so far

It's a good FF imo but also extremely time consuming to do anything.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

the hd release on game pass has a turbo mode which even only two hours into the game I can tell is going to be used heavily

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The Fool posted:

the hd release on game pass has a turbo mode which even only two hours into the game I can tell is going to be used heavily

They added this to every FF remaster and it owns. I think my total playtime for FF7 and FF9 was a couple of hours because I could just fast forward through all the random encounters and zip across the map.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

The Fool posted:

gently caress now I want to try it again.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

this is not a multi-monitor game, but I am not even disappointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

The Fool posted:

i am replaying through ff12 as well and can confirm