Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sharrrk posted:

me, talking about Saints Row

You have my dildo bat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Death Stranding is great for a lot of reasons, but one thing that I've really started to appreciate more is that despite having a bleak setting, I felt like it was a pretty hopeful game overall. I like that a lot, and I want to play more games like that.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

v has come to

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

keep on keeping on

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

oddium posted:

keep on keeping on

👍

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

sharrrk posted:

me, talking about Saints Row

It is a Truth

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

walking alongn in death stranding and a song comes on perfectly timed for a rbeathing taking vista and you simply stand and watch. thahts why kojimas the best.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ash Lake did it first

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Stux posted:

walking alongn in death stranding and a song comes on perfectly timed for a rbeathing taking vista and you simply stand and watch. thahts why kojimas the best.

now youre just describing xenoblade chronicles

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Ash Lake did it first

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
how's it going games thread :)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

not much what's games thread with you

Weedle
May 31, 2006

death stranding is one of what i understand to be fantastic games that i am really looking forward to playing as part of my massive ps4 backlog, along with stuff like mgs5, persona 5, ff7r, hitman, nier automata, judgment... christ i have a lot of gaming to do

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

*mgsV

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

fiVe

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
5 has come to

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
suffer like v did

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So is there a thread for Aliens: Fireteam Elite, couldn't find one

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

drrockso20 posted:

So is there a thread for Aliens: Fireteam Elite, couldn't find one

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3952822

This thread maintains an index of current megathreads. Not everything ends up there, but it's a good place to start looking, since games is so active it has a dozen pages of active threads.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

the novel coronavirus is keeping me from playing death stranding. i need a courageous courier to deliver a ps4 console to me

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have a three day weekend. Hope everyone has had a good week.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

New Super Metis posted:

the novel coronavirus is keeping me from playing death stranding. i need a courageous courier to deliver a ps4 console to me

if you can wait a couple more weeks I'll be able to deliver it to you via catapult

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Relax Or DIE posted:

if you can wait a couple more weeks I'll be able to deliver it to you via catapult

i'll be waiting outside my bunker with my hands outstretched to catch it

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Relax Or DIE posted:

Trebuchet could fling it farther.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

New Super Metis posted:

I knew a guy but someone shot him in the head and left him for dead

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1314000/Achilles_Legends_Untold/

spiritual successor to Titan Quest?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

cheetah7071 posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3952822

This thread maintains an index of current megathreads. Not everything ends up there, but it's a good place to start looking, since games is so active it has a dozen pages of active threads.

No sign of it there unfortunately

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

My buddy who sent me this long rear end text about how Kubrick was killed for making Eyes Wide shut, has never actually seen it apparently. How you can hold such strong positions on media you've never actually seen is baffling to me

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Someone who believes a dumb conspiracy theory hasn't even done basic research on the topic you say?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

New Super Metis posted:

after posting this I was reminded that death stranding is also available on PC, and it is currently 60% off on steam. the coronavirus can no longer stop me from making my deliveries

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

New Super Metis posted:

after posting this I was reminded that death stranding is also available on PC, and it is currently 60% off on steam. the coronavirus can no longer stop me from making my deliveries

The only problem is the pc version is maybe never getting the new expansion that comes out this month for playstation.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

My buddy who sent me this long rear end text about how Kubrick was killed for making Eyes Wide shut, has never actually seen it apparently. How you can hold such strong positions on media you've never actually seen is baffling to me

How do you expect them to watch it with their eyes closed

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

How would seeing it affect his (very reasonable and not-at-all funny) position?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I guess there is that scene at the end, where Kubrick walks in front of the camera and is shot

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Favorite conspiracy theory someone tried to convince me of was back in 10th grade of high school when this one kid kept trying to convince me that twinkies are filled with rocket fuel. There is 1 thing used in the creation process of rocket fuel that is also used in the creation process of twinkies so he was absolutely convinced that that meant they were one and the same and that the government is trying to cover it all up to keep people from knowing ~the truth~

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Learning more about this artificial bubble being created in retro game collecting and it's making me pissed. Rich people ruin loving everything.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Learning more about this artificial bubble being created in retro game collecting and it's making me pissed. Rich people ruin loving everything.

What's happening specifically?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FirstAidKite posted:

What's happening specifically?

Here's a long video breaking it down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvLFEh7V18A

But the long and short of it is that a couple of organizations are manipulating the market on retro games and bringing a lot of speculators into the market, driving up prices. If you remember the copy of Super Mario Bros that sold for 2 million dollars, that's a part of it since they're doing this really big sales to generate headlines.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Here's a long video breaking it down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvLFEh7V18A

But the long and short of it is that a couple of organizations are manipulating the market on retro games and bringing a lot of speculators into the market, driving up prices. If you remember the copy of Super Mario Bros that sold for 2 million dollars, that's a part of it since they're doing this really big sales to generate headlines.

Oh are they doing like the thing that happens with artwork?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I said come in! posted:

The only problem is the pc version is maybe never getting the new expansion that comes out this month for playstation.

it's ok I was never going to get the expansion on the ps4 version either so I'm not missing out