Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Weedle
May 31, 2006

the dudes who played kuze, awano and sagawa in yakuza 0 (all screen actors) were also incredible and turned in some unforgettable performances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
They put Jean Reno in Onimusha 3 and didn't even have him voice himself in English, only French. smh

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Weedle posted:

the dudes who played kuze, awano and sagawa in yakuza 0 (all screen actors) were also incredible and turned in some unforgettable performances

also the cabaret hostesses

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I tried finding some gifs of jacques from onimusha 3 and instead I found out that this game exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7VUTBWjWvE

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't know who plays Ichi in 7 but he was extremely good

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't know who plays Ichi in 7 but he was extremely good

Kazuhiro Nakaya / Kaiji Tang

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i simply use my two montiors to do both at the same time

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Speaking of Yakuza LAD they got George Takei to voice one of the characters. It was a really good performance too, but it probably helps that they weren’t looking for celebrity clout and just wanted a good older Asian actor because they generally push a for that kinda thing in the dubs when possible.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yesterday i played like 22 games in guilty gear strive and only won a single one. i was very sad.

today i played another 20 games and won 11!! i am much happier!!

i also beat all the 4-star difficulty training missions and am now PLATINUM RANK which means nothing but feels nice anyway.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

guilty gear gives and guilty gear takes away

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

btw you are all forbidden from talking about death stranding ever again because i discovered my pc isn't capable of running it so the coronavirus is still preventing me from playing it and i'm currently in the "take it out on everyone else" stage of grief

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
when are we going to get innocent gear

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

New Super Metis posted:

btw you are all forbidden from talking about death stranding ever again because i discovered my pc isn't capable of running it so the coronavirus is still preventing me from playing it and i'm currently in the "take it out on everyone else" stage of grief

A real life "Sam Porter Bridges"....

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Kerrzhe posted:

yesterday i played like 22 games in guilty gear strive and only won a single one. i was very sad.

today i played another 20 games and won 11!! i am much happier!!

i also beat all the 4-star difficulty training missions and am now PLATINUM RANK which means nothing but feels nice anyway.

You know how they say that if you sleep on a problem you can usually solve it because your brain like, needs time to process and level up?

That's what happened, your efforts are paying off

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We call that Levelling Up...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You don't always need the game to tell you that you've gotten stronger... sometimes you just feel it, in your body/soul... that's Power

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You used to button-mash... now, it's like you're not even pressing buttons... your avatar just Does It...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

New Super Metis posted:

keep on keeping on

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

tomorrow is in your hands

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Blue hearts are legit. Praise be to Kaiju for letting me discover them

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Last Celebration posted:

Speaking of Yakuza LAD they got George Takei to voice one of the characters. It was a really good performance too, but it probably helps that they weren’t looking for celebrity clout and just wanted a good older Asian actor because they generally push a for that kinda thing in the dubs when possible.

...I played through that whole game and it wasn't until this post that it clicked for me that Arukawa was Takei.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

forbidden!!!!!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

New Super Metis posted:

a soothing set of deliveries across the highways of death stranding would sure give you some time to process, real shame

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sayonara die hardman...

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Death Stranding sucks.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There is no game called Death Stranding

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

...I played through that whole game and it wasn't until this post that it clicked for me that Arukawa was Takei.

Tbh I only knew because him and Tang were in the Like A Dragon localization reveal trailer.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i was watching the 1998 classic 3 ninjas: high noon at mega mountain with guest star hulk hogan with a friend

i turned to him at some point and was like hey, this movie is pretty much die hard, man.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Keith David as Keith David in pretty much anything

Last Celebration posted:

George Takei has probably had more roles as a voice actor than a screen actor in the last several decades.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't want to think about Portal 2 without JK Simmons or Red Alert 3 without JK Simmons, George Takei, Tim Curry, and Peter Stormare

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't want to think about Portal 2 without JK Simmons or Red Alert 3 without JK Simmons, George Takei, Tim Curry, and Peter Stormare

That red alert trailer single handedly sold the game to me and i think i played 3 levels lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's a really fun co-op game but it's really dumb that you can never unlock tesla tanks for use. The only way to get them is to play the only mission they appear in and take over a factory that produces them. That's dumb, I should be able to produce them at some point >:[

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Metis has gone mad with power!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Death Stranding sounds like it sucks, it's for the best you can't play it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I cannot speak my true feelings for Death Stranding as I fear the censorship of the corrupt mod team

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I welcome the censorship of the corrupt mod team, especially if it comes in the form of a cool mp4 on my rap sheet (metis knows the one)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Please don't censor me I like posting :(

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

I welcome the censorship of the corrupt mod team, especially if it comes in the form of a cool mp4 on my rap sheet (metis knows the one)

for you, the greatest punishment is to continue posting

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Started on Sakura of Rice and Ruin tonight. It seems like this will be a fun game, and the rice growing mechanics wont be as bad as I thought they might be. It might also not be as necessary as it seems too? But you also cant just outright skip it either?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

raditts posted:

George Takei has probably had more roles as a voice actor than a screen actor in the last several decades.

Tbh every game I’ve played in the past few years except Horizon Zero Dawn either had British/European actors (Soulsborne, Witcher 3) or was a JRPG that wasn’t Sega’s money maker franchise so that’s a nice surprise.