Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/swimpedia/status/1434305778349973505?s=21

End of an era. I grew up with everyone in my high school never shutting the gently caress up about Family Guy and AS playing it nonstop is the biggest reason why. I sort of assumed it would be on there until the heat death of the universe but Disney decided they didn’t want it playing on a rival’s channel. Bob’s Burgers is probably next, I think that contract is up in 2023. I don’t know what they’re gonna replace it with, best case scenario they just show more American Dad (which is also owned by Disney but TBS is the one keeping it running so I imagine they have more of a negotiation position to keep it on AS), absolute worse case is they start showing Fox animated sitcoms that *aren’t* Family Guy or BB. Is this time for the long awaited return of Allen Gregory, the worst television show I have ever watched multiple episodes of out of sheer hatred? Only time will tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
They added blindspot to netflux australia so i'm working through it and now im hoping to find the contemporary TVIV threads because i have never seen two leads with so little chemistry together. Its astounding its like they were cast by two different agencies and never shared a room. The guy is 100% to blame for this as he us the worst part of any scene his in and makes me ache for a Joshua Jackson or Nathan Fillion to just replace him mid episode without explanation.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress that show ran for 5 seasons and 100 episodes???

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Escobarbarian posted:

What the gently caress that show ran for 5 seasons and 100 episodes???

I had to check and despite that it was clear from episode two they had zero sexual chemistry they made their romance not just canon but also the shows focus in later seasons apparently. Its they got the procedural thriller/mystery trope notebook of male and female leads must hook up and overlooked they have to have absplutely some thing about them that would make them want to gently caress. Jaimie Alexander has shown more sexual chemistry with a table chair in this show.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I can’t think of any other show retool that killed off everything good about a show nearly as thoroughly. It was almost impressive in a twisted kind of way.

Breaking In

And although it got cancelled before the retooling was finalized, the NBC show Up All Night has to be up there. (A single camera sitcom that was being retooled into a multi-camera sitcom in front of a live audience before NBC decided to finally pull the plug)

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 5, 2021

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I watched the second new WWDITS just now, holy poo poo

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

DC Murderverse posted:

End of an era. I grew up with everyone in my high school never shutting the gently caress up about Family Guy and AS playing it nonstop is the biggest reason why. I sort of assumed it would be on there until the heat death of the universe but Disney decided they didn’t want it playing on a rival’s channel. Bob’s Burgers is probably next, I think that contract is up in 2023. I don’t know what they’re gonna replace it with, best case scenario they just show more American Dad (which is also owned by Disney but TBS is the one keeping it running so I imagine they have more of a negotiation position to keep it on AS), absolute worse case is they start showing Fox animated sitcoms that *aren’t* Family Guy or BB. Is this time for the long awaited return of Allen Gregory, the worst television show I have ever watched multiple episodes of out of sheer hatred? Only time will tell

[adult swim] has enough library programming to fill an extra hour a night.

Also, I find it somewhat ironic, given that it was [adult swim]'s rebroadcasts of Family Guy that brought it back to production (alongside DVD sales, yes).

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

I can’t think of any other show retool that killed off everything good about a show nearly as thoroughly. It was almost impressive in a twisted kind of way.

Every decision they made from 1 to 2 is baffling. (I'm betting it was pure network/ratings decision to change everything).

Worst theme song change
Music went from background/didn't notice to pop and in the foreground
2 new female characters that brought nothing (They should have kept the female FBI agent or the other woman Chance knew in South America).
Everything with Ames
The whole Pucci love story that they forced. And Pucci's whole story with her husband and the CIA
The ending of the season 2
Practically no follow up to the season 1 cliffhanger. The waste of Timothy Omundson!
The new set was so ugly and not fitting.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The very bizarre plot change where Mrs Pucci somehow became the boss when it wasn't like an actual company that she could buy out.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Muppets on ABC came close

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

FilthyImp posted:

The Muppets on ABC came close

The new one? I thought that wasn’t well-received from the start.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The new one? I thought that wasn’t well-received from the start.
People apparently didn't like them having actual jobs and roles and poo poo? Iono, but my wife and I liked The Office but Muppets well enough.

They took a mid-season hiatus around winter and when they came back: a hip media consultant named Pizza was added, Kermit broke up with his Not-Ms.-Piggy-Pig-Girlfriend, etc

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Unrelated but I’ve been watching 3rd rock from the sun all afternoon and holy poo poo I forgot how funny this show is.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

People apparently didn't like them having actual jobs and roles and poo poo? Iono, but my wife and I liked The Office but Muppets well enough.

They took a mid-season hiatus around winter and when they came back: a hip media consultant named Pizza was added, Kermit broke up with his Not-Ms.-Piggy-Pig-Girlfriend, etc

I loved the Not Office Muppet show and was really sad when it turned out that the rest of the world had worse taste than me. What would the world be without Kermit sipping tea memes

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Hawkperson posted:

I loved the Not Office Muppet show and was really sad when it turned out that the rest of the world had worse taste than me. What would the world be without Kermit sipping tea memes

I thought that was from an ad, not that muppet show.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I thought that was from an ad, not that muppet show.

well poo poo, that and sith lord Kermit are both not from the show as I thought they were. Dreams crushed, etc etc but I'm still right about the show itself being awesome

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I liked that Muppets show too but I didn’t miss it when it was gone. Better than the recent thing on Disney+ for sure

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Unrelated but I’ve been watching 3rd rock from the sun all afternoon and holy poo poo I forgot how funny this show is.

I love that show but there was always something a little off about it, like they lit the sets weird or they were using new digital tech to film it or something. It did give us the worst celebrity cameo ever though, from Dennis Rodman.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE1aD5raV94

Rodman’s always good for an appearance

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sekhmnet posted:

I love that show but there was always something a little off about it, like they lit the sets weird or they were using new digital tech to film it or something. It did give us the worst celebrity cameo ever though, from Dennis Rodman.
I figured the size differences in the cast made sets seems like something out of Dali

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is muppet babies still good?

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
Can a fella stream classic dr who episodes anywhere without getting too deep into :filez:? I got a hankering to revisit the old shows.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
There's Amazon Prime, but if you wanna do it right get a sub to BritBox

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Arist posted:

I watched the second new WWDITS just now, holy poo poo

I'm so glad Kayvan Novak got to stretch his voice chops, that was so good.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

DC Murderverse posted:

End of an era.
I don’t know what they’re gonna replace it with
An hour of some combination of 12 oz Mouse, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Sealab, Harvey Birdman, and Superjail would be solid.
Fake Edit: I just guessed that they weren't already airing these quality shows, went to check the schedule, and nailed every single one. Only addition I'd make (cuz I assumed it was still on) is Metalocalypse.
gently caress it, add Frisky Dingo while you're at it. BOOSH!

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

the last episode of Evil was really good. this show is becoming more and more like Hannibal

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I never really watched Family Guy on Adult Swim, but it was their syndication of Futurama that got me interested in that show.

I watched the first three episodes of Only Murders in the Building, and it's fine so far, with a few exceptional bits, though hasn't gotten up to great yet. I do think Martin Short is the best of the three leads, and I've never really been a fan of his before. I also have to conclude that Selena Gomez is not a great actor.

It's also kind of funny to see a Serial parody in 2021. For something so huge at the time it feels like it's completely forgotten now. Though I guess it's also a case of the true crime explosion was a result of it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1434972259018493968

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
holy poo poo

noooooooooo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/IsiahWhitlockJr/status/1434974456175288321

:(

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

gently caress everything.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
nope, not ok with this. universe, we need a mulligan on that 1

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ok so Death better be crawling up Trump and McConnell asses right now else this is some goddamn bullshit

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No goddammit NO

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
gently caress no. gently caress no.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Fuckin RIP.

I always loved this video he did. Speaks so much to the struggles he had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv3_3PQsJA8

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

FilthyImp posted:

Ok so Death better be crawling up Trump and McConnell asses right now else this is some goddamn bullshit

Kissinger is alive.

And gently caress that is sad news. Just watch Assassin creed the other day.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
gently caress gently caress gently caress this sucks

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

God loving damnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU