Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Weedle
May 31, 2006

play dodonpachi on iphone. it rules, it’s easy to control and the small screen lets you keep an eye on everything at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Yeah honestly that focus zone thing is totally normal, trying to comprehend the whole screen at once is a fool’s errand. I usually zone out to about a five inch square around the ship/dude/lady and hope for the best, and it tends to work out.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i focus mid screen and move the ship in my periphery

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Finished Hellblade and now I'm sad that sequel is going to be an xbox exclusive.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It will also be on PC.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

more like smellblade (because it stinks!!!!!)

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i don't know what hellblade is

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

think they're talking about the stygian blade

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

One of kratos’ weapons?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the original hellblade's been taken off the ps store too, which feels excessive

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

the original hellblade's been taken off the ps store too, which feels excessive

What? Its buyable right now on the playstation store

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
well that's weird, the online store gave me an error page last night and searching for it on console didn't bring it up at all

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Oxxidation posted:

well that's weird, the online store gave me an error page last night and searching for it on console didn't bring it up at all

Steam was acting strangely for me as well last night, so think it was just something wrong with the store itself.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

It will also be on PC.

It is cheaper to buy a full Xbox than it is to upgrade a single pc part these days

I still have my gtx 970 pc to play like… DOTA with but I don’t think I’m doing any aaa gaming on pc any time soon

Barudak
May 7, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

It will also be on PC.

And streaming, if uh, you can put up with that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hellblade 2 is one of those things where I’m rooting for the studio and I hope it turns out well but I really can’t see why anyone thought it needed to exist in the first place and I don’t want to actually play it myself. Hellblade 1 is a perfectly told story with a fitting ending and it’s hard to see how showing what happened to her after won’t detract from it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I don't think Hellblade really needed a sequel either, but if it has to happen, then I'll definitely help Senua become the stuff of nightmares for little viking boys and girls.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i guess i can finally try out ring fit months after i bought it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only Ninja Theory games I like are the two low budget flop arena fighter games that were not good

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It is cheaper to buy a full Xbox than it is to upgrade a single pc part these days

I still have my gtx 970 pc to play like… DOTA with but I don’t think I’m doing any aaa gaming on pc any time soon

Also have a GTX but I did the idiocy of getting gifted a cheap 2k monitor before realizing 1080p is just bad on it and 2k chugs harder.

Anyways gently caress cryptominers for making the card scarcity even worse that it already is.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The current chip shortage notwithstanding, this notion is about as dated as the claim that on PC you have to play every game with a mouse and keyboard, which somehow stuck around for like a decade after PC controllers were on parity with their console equivalents, and even a few years after Xbox controllers were natively supported on Windows

A top of the line video card is gonna have you set through at least the next 1-2 console generations and you can probably get that far with much less if you don't absolutely have to play every game in 12k with 300 fps

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The problem at the moment is that with chip shortages being what they are anybody building a new PC with even the rough equivalent of a PS5/XSX GPU (~2070) is going to be massively overpaying by as much as 50%. It's just not advisable to try building a new gaming PC now.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

raditts posted:

The current chip shortage notwithstanding, this notion is about as dated as the claim that on PC you have to play every game with a mouse and keyboard, which somehow stuck around for like a decade after PC controllers were on parity with their console equivalents, and even a few years after Xbox controllers were natively supported on Windows

A top of the line video card is gonna have you set through at least the next 1-2 console generations and you can probably get that far with much less if you don't absolutely have to play every game in 12k with 300 fps

gpus currently cost twice or more oftheir rrp because of the chip shortages

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i could sell my 1660ti used for more than a 3060ti is meant to retail for lol

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

idk where else in Games to ask this, but I remember there being a wrestling game that had an incredible number of fighters modded into it, and people would pit them against each other controlled by the AI and see who won. There was a big thread about it too. Can anyone tell me what it was called? Google is failing me

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Stux posted:

gpus currently cost twice or more oftheir rrp because of the chip shortages

raditts posted:

The current chip shortage notwithstanding,

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Windows 11 does not fix the touch screen turn-skip issue with Dicey Dungeons.

Was worth a try.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah and thats a completely insane thing to say bcos the shortage has been going on for over a year and is going to continue well into 2022 if not all of 2022 lol its completely reasonable someone would look at this and make the decision that a console purchase is a much better idea currently and for the foreseeable future. no idea why you would try and argue otheriwse.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Pharmaskittle posted:

idk where else in Games to ask this, but I remember there being a wrestling game that had an incredible number of fighters modded into it, and people would pit them against each other controlled by the AI and see who won. There was a big thread about it too. Can anyone tell me what it was called? Google is failing me

That sounds like the old VGCW streams, but I believe they just used whatever was the current WWE game for that

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pharmaskittle posted:

Probably Fire Pro Wrestling?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Pharmaskittle posted:

Fire Pro?

e;fb

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Fire Pro?

e;fb

You just got scooped

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

raditts posted:

That sounds like the old VGCW streams, but I believe they just used whatever was the current WWE game for that

this is what I was thinking of, thanks!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
VGCW was fantastic but it was all the writing and storylines that really made it, it makes sense that couldn't go on forever, but it had a good run.

AI vs AI matches without the writing and storylines is just Saltybet, which is fine for a diversion, but is generally incapable of being hype like VCGW was.

FirstAidKite posted:

No, I mean like everything looks like a blur and my eyes and brain can't keep up with what I'm looking at.

Thankfully I just discovered a speed option in Tyrian so I was able to make it through the first stage at Slower speed and I'm glad to see there's a Slug speed beneath that if I need to slow it further.

I even got to the secret level from the first stage which is pretty neat :)

For me a lot of shmups, especially bullet hells, aren't just bullets and negative space but rather it's all just a big overwhelming blur and I'm lucky if I can focus on the bullets that are just about to smash into my ship. Like, lemme find a screenshot of a shmup and I'll try to show what I mean.

Idk what game that is but this is how shmups end up going for me. If I try to focus on my ship, I'm basically only able to see and comprehend this highlighted area.

If I try to focus on the enemies and their bullets, I get the opposite issue. I can't keep track of my ship anymore.

And if I try to follow the entire screen, it just turns into this.

It sucks because obviously the solution is "don't play shmups" but I like shmups even if I just cannot get my brain to process them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAX1duFWTmA

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i finished sonic boom rise of lyric yesterday and it's...fine? not like, good or anything but not awful. i've only heard how buggy the original version was but what i played was fine, an aggressively mediocre and unfinished not-really-sonic game that feels kinda like a weird follow up to the werehog stages in unleashed but more generic. i'm probably feeling pretty generous toward it because the previous game was so bad and sonic's friends finally being playable again is always a plus, but i didn't hate it. and hearing lines like "GIRL POWER" and "for great justice" and "NAILED IT" kind of owns lol

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

raditts posted:

I dunno if you looked at prices recently but a 3080 is $2000

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Looper posted:

i finished sonic boom rise of lyric yesterday and it's...fine? not like, good or anything but not awful. i've only heard how buggy the original version was but what i played was fine, an aggressively mediocre and unfinished not-really-sonic game that feels kinda like a weird follow up to the werehog stages in unleashed but more generic. i'm probably feeling pretty generous toward it because the previous game was so bad and sonic's friends finally being playable again is always a plus, but i didn't hate it. and hearing lines like "GIRL POWER" and "for great justice" and "NAILED IT" kind of owns lol

I think playing through the whole series has broken something in you.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Stux posted:

its probably good then

you should be forced to play it now

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im probably going to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Played more Sakuna: of Rice and Ruin, and I am starting to really enjoy this game more and more. It gets more fun as the story progresses, and the characters are very cute and awesome. I care about all of them and their wellbeing. Plus a dog has visited my characters home and I can pet them, and pick them up and carry them around.