Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There's so much to like about honey heist but I think the best part is probably the accurate portrayal of the absolute existential terror that is the only sane reaction to the direct knowledge of God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

some plague rats posted:

There's so much to like about honey heist but I think the best part is probably the accurate portrayal of the absolute existential terror that is the only sane reaction to the direct knowledge of God

the (I imagine) improvised god additions made me lol in the actual sense

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
oh: side note for those not on the Patreon: Stir Fry drank the potion from a guy taking a remove curse potion and that was supposed to be the entire joke.

but Chris then noted that SF had been cursed with speech, then there was an off-mic debate, and things shook out as we saw.

so it was neither a Tim punishment nor a purposeful narrative device. it's just these folks being loving good at improv.

the moral is to subscribe to the Patreon. I shall never reveal another detail, except to seduce people to same.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
"God notices you" is a mechanic that should be in more TTRPGs imo

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoubleDonut posted:

"God notices you" is a mechanic that should be in more TTRPGs imo

Absolutely, I mean to me the phrase "God notices you" is absolutely chilling

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Empty Sandwich posted:

oh: side note for those not on the Patreon: Stir Fry drank the potion from a guy taking a remove curse potion and that was supposed to be the entire joke.

but Chris then noted that SF had been cursed with speech, then there was an off-mic debate, and things shook out as we saw.

so it was neither a Tim punishment nor a purposeful narrative device. it's just these folks being loving good at improv.

the moral is to subscribe to the Patreon. I shall never reveal another detail, except to seduce people to same.

The amount that happened in Ruleshaven vs what Branson had actually planned is incredible, it's a testament to how good they all are at rolling with it and bouncing off ideas. Taylor definitely deserves a lot of credit too for making everything sound planned in the edit

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

some plague rats posted:

Absolutely, I mean to me the phrase "God notices you" is absolutely chilling

The music cue for that was perfect.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Party Boat posted:

Taylor definitely deserves a lot of credit too for making everything sound planned in the edit

I think the show goes too far in that direction, actually. I want to hear the table talk in the episode! It would have been such a better moment for me if I got to hear such a big thing coming together out of nowhere like that

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Honey Heist is unhinged, my goodness

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
holy gently caress, animated Swan Boy:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTOTF8vM-Iw/

https://mobile.twitter.com/bransonreese/status/1430926485335027726

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I don't know who is voicing Swan Boy and I don't know that my brain would accept anyone except Branson

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Party Boat posted:

I don't know who is voicing Swan Boy and I don't know that my brain would accept anyone except Branson

Good news! It's Branson! Seriously, it's him voicing Swan Boy. Someone asked him on Twitter and he said it was him.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
My favorite Swan Boy comic is this:

But I feel we will never see it animated because it is a guest comic

OTOH it's a guest comic by Mr. DeBonesby so I feel like that's an easy thing to get sign off on.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

i don't know what the canonical voice of swan boy is, but if it's anything like literally any single one of his NPC voices, it's gonna be good

my gut says cheddar

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

It's gotta be Flipcup, just Branson hollering like he's trying to alert a search party to where he's been buried alive

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Swan Boy in my head sounds like Jerry Mentalgin. My guy eats cigarettes, he's got to be raspy as hell

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I kind of just hear Swan Boy speaking with Branson Reese's regular voice, but twice as manic at all times.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Branson Reese as Charlie Day in Always Sunny is what I hear.

Edit: I also hear Carly Mondardo as Rona the chihuahua as well.

um excuse me fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Sep 1, 2021

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

oh for SURE rona sounds like carly

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
according to the IG link, Marcos Gonzalez is Noel and Sydney Battle is someone. I do not know these voice actors.

Swan Boy is an exaggerated self-insert, down to the Greek last name (Reese is apparently some Ellis Island poo poo) and I'm glad he's voicing him.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I didn’t know “Boy” had Greek roots. Weird.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Warbird posted:

I didn’t know “Boy” had Greek roots. Weird.

it's unlikely but vaguely possible:

https://www.etymonline.com/word/boy

but that's not his last name :colbert:

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I've enjoyed my physical copy of Hell was Full, and I hope that Swan Boy will also eventually get a print run.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Deeters posted:

I've enjoyed my physical copy of Hell was Full, and I hope that Swan Boy will also eventually get a print run.

I feel like if this game was real Walter would always win because of his ability to shoot all the other characters.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

DoombatINC posted:

It's gotta be Flipcup, just Branson hollering like he's trying to alert a search party to where he's been buried alive

I don't think it'd be that, he's said that voice is hard as gently caress on his throat. His regular voice would work just fine I think.

Also, if you can't make it to the live New York show they're doing a stream of it as well.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

seaborgium posted:

Also, if you can't make it to the live New York show they're doing a stream of it as well.

Here's a link to where you can buy tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rude-tales-of-magic-live-tickets-161110849889

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There's more where that came from, fresh off the presses

edit: A lot more!

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 6, 2021

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Now let's see the best new star, Groomda

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

That Deli one is perfect.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I finished honey heist and man, Tim Platt has a real one of a kind brain

Also my itunes hosed up and I thought it stopped before the end of the episode but uhhh it basically didn't lol, i missed a lot less than i'd immediately assumed

There's a lot to love about that ep, but my lowkey favorite moment was Branson doing like a minutes-long monologue in which he dictated the actions of one of the NPCs and then remembered he wasn't the DM and quickly tacked on "...can I do that?" at the end

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

New episode dropped, also the live show is tonight!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Have they said whether people who buy digital tickets will have a window to watch the show like they did for their Zoom shows?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

According to some small text on the eventbrite page:

"Livestream will remain available after the show until 3:00 AM ET 9.16.21"

That's 5.5 hours after the show starts if you're not in the Eastern timezone

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Bellow had some really good moments in this latest episode.

Pulling Cordelia aside to reveal to her that he knows she's a...journalism major.

Also: After listing about a dozen names for Albee's sword that he had written down, "And the rest of the note I guess was about my feelings!"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Paper Tiger posted:

Also: After listing about a dozen names for Albee's sword that he had written down, "And the rest of the note I guess was about my feelings!"

I am amazed Carly didn't see that coming.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I am amazed Carly didn't see that coming.

Her response to it was incredible, now I really want the next episode.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Paper Tiger posted:

Bellow had some really good moments in this latest episode.

Pulling Cordelia aside to reveal to her that he knows she's a...journalism major.

The stunned silence after the reveal is one of my favourite moments from this whole show.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
That whole bit with Splish-Splash was absolutely wonderful. That shift from "Stirfry is loving around in a flying machine offscreen" to "Stirfry desperately tries to convince himself that his true love is standing in front of him while all his friends gently beg him to realize she's not real" - jesus! I was not expecting that level of genuine emotion from an episode that began with Jerry the Dog.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"you goatse it open"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"the DM who's not a BM"