Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cael posted:

Also a very cool and good thing: all their tour shows venues will be requiring proof of vaccination. I'm not in that part of the country sadly, but I'm glad they're keeping the dates on while also adding that level of safety.

They're not actually safe, HTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Beyond Thunderdome could have used a rewrite or two.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
And now, for a very special massage :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hlvVpgQ9gg

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Ernie Hudson!!!! I met him at a con once and he’s a very sweet guy, also Grace and Frankie was such a good show

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

When did the prime show move away from Art19 hosting? Weird. I usually download the episode and catalog it ep number, genre, season etc etc etc.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Jiro posted:

When did the prime show move away from Art19 hosting? Weird. I usually download the episode and catalog it ep number, genre, season etc etc etc.

Just within the last few days. Last week's episode was on it.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
All the spicy ketchup and condiment chat made this week's ep an all-timer for me.

Can't wait for the guys to get progressively confused by the Resident Evil sequels if they do them. :allears: (Beyond the discussion of how difficult it is to figure out the order of them in this episode, that is.)

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

1 down, 5 to go. I really hope they cover the rest.

2 is a banger for content.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

This episode was absolute fire and an instant classic.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
The swinging neighbours who live next to the mansion cracked me up, good lord

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

The swinging neighbours who live next to the mansion cracked me up, good lord

I love them and I want more of the depraved Midwestern neighbors

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SilentChaz posted:

All the spicy ketchup and condiment chat made this week's ep an all-timer for me.

:same:

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
For some reason I skipped The Mummy 2 episode. Listening now, and the Abraham Zapruder: Birdwatcher bit is the dumbest/funniest thing I’ve heard in a while.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Well gently caress. Their Pittsburgh show is now "Date TBD." I'm guessing they didn't want to comply with the proof of vaccination request.

edit: Eric told me on Twitter it's not. Weird. Improv needs to fix their drat web site

Double edit: Now he said it might not happen. gently caress me. :sigh:

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 13, 2021

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Come to Cleveland! I'm sure chuds on here won't go and tickets will open up

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Hockles posted:

Come to Cleveland! I'm sure chuds on here won't go and tickets will open up

It's too long a drive for me.

And looking at the Improv site, WHM got bumped for a stand-up comedian :argh: so it might not be due to the vaccine requirement.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's too long a drive for me.

And looking at the Improv site, WHM got bumped for a stand-up comedian :argh: so it might not be due to the vaccine requirement.

They discovered the mailbag where the gang make fun of yinzers

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Andorra posted:

They discovered the mailbag where the gang make fun of yinzers

That has to be my favorite mailbag of all time. I will never stop laughing at the dude leaving the movie and not coming back when Bane blows up the stadium and the others yelling “CLEVELAND SUCKS” whenever he showed up again for no discernible reason.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Maybe it's the Kenny G in me, but I found their gaps of knowledge when it came to the Resident Evil games to be utterly confounding, considering they've made pinpoint perfect references to it in past episodes (you do spend a lot of times pushing statues and frittering away your time in a library)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I hope they keep on with the Resident Evil franchise, they get better the further they are from attempting to be actual movies and the closer they are to being collections of bizarrely staged hyperviolent set pieces

The first movie mills around grey corridors leading to grey rooms for most of the run time and packs some action into a couple scenes near the end, meanwhile the second film opens with this dumb poo poo and never really lets up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c32U3A5r0RE

They're bad and get progressively worse, but in a fun and engaging way

Also I'm just going to scream this into the ether: the Lifetime movie Soccer Mom Madam is deeply out of control, like take the phone off the hook kinda bad

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The second Resident Evil movie is by far the worst one...by like, a lot. but the 3rd one stops giving a poo poo about the video game story line and just starts doing it's own thing with characters from the games (without caring at all about their relationships or role in the game), and then they sorta rule in a junk food movie kind of way.

I re-watched them all last year, but I still cannot tell you the order of the movies, since their titles all sucks so much.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

enigmahfc posted:

I re-watched them all last year, but I still cannot tell you the order of the movies, since their titles all sucks so much.
I was initially iffy on Steve's sequel naming legislation, but I've slowly coming around to it being one of the few things that can save America, or even the world.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Green Room this afternoon!

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1438136255984844809

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

enigmahfc posted:

The second Resident Evil movie is by far the worst one...by like, a lot.

How can you say that about a movie that gave us Nemesis on the silver screen saying his beloved catchphrase, "...stars"

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Late post, but the Green Room is currently going. Only Andrew and Eric, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZPT9F3ZiDI

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Is there something up with their RSS feed? I tried to go back and listen to some of the old mail bags but I can't get any of them to load on Pocket Casts or their website.

Tac Dibar
Apr 7, 2009

Just listened to the Goldfinger episode and really enjoyed how Tom Holland’s James Bond sounds like Eric Cartman and keeps asking for backup from Tony Stark. Just a really dumb bit that I liked.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I thought he sounded just like their impressions of Donald Duck's nephews in the DuckTales AD eps, which was also hilarious to me.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

AceOfFlames posted:

I thought he sounded just like their impressions of Donald Duck's nephews in the DuckTales AD eps, which was also hilarious to me.

Which is also Danny from the Shining, as well

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

How did the gang not know about the option to watch Momento in chronological order from the DVD? It is like peak 2000s DVD menu stuff.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Fyi the entire gang is on the newest TJ Hooker ep

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Hockles posted:

Which is also Danny from the Shining, as well

Tony actually, the boy who lives in Danny's mouth

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Tony actually, the boy who lives in Danny's mouth

Right. Thanks for reminding me.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I can't help but wonder if them hawking boner pills, hair loss prevention pills and mental help services is because of the hellworld we live in or because people who need boner pills, hair loss prevention pills and mental help services are their market.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Calaveron posted:

I can't help but wonder if them hawking boner pills, hair loss prevention pills and mental help services is because of the hellworld we live in or because people who need boner pills, hair loss prevention pills and mental help services are their market.

I don't know what it says about me or the podcasts I listen to, but I think products and services are just for the podcast market in general.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Calaveron posted:

I only get their ads for upscale menswear, fine wines, and boner pills. Didn't even know they had any others.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Boner pills and counseling services are 2021’s version of Stamps.com.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GrandpaPants posted:

I don't know what it says about me or the podcasts I listen to, but I think products and services are just for the podcast market in general.

Yeah, Better Help is definitely shotgunning it's presence across all the podcasts it can

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

What's the cost a typical ad that's gonna run on a podcast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Calaveron posted:

Let's face it, 30-49 white guys are WHM's bread and butter, and hair loss and weak dick are gonna be things hitting people. Start popping blue chews 24/7 babi~

If you listen to 4-5 podcasts on one Network, they will all have the same ads, and there is basically just one company that provides ads for podcasts so that also narrows down what shows up.

Unless you're a podcast that got a direct relationship with a company from Twitter DMs, that's it.