Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rarity posted:

All Stuxes Are Bastards

ASAB? Doesn't sound right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Can you ignore all that and use your power for petty gain

Somewhat, yeah

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I made a thin stux line flag in gimp but then idk where it saved it so you can all imagine how good it was while I go look for a photoshop torrent

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Larryb posted:

Somewhat, yeah

How petty are we talking here

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

RBA Starblade posted:

Tom

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Not really anything too significant as you’re still railroaded by the plot but you can use your powers to affect your relationships with others, make certain later events easier to deal with, and in some cases you can even get a few characters permanently killed.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Heartbreaking

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sticks and Stux may break my bucks but posts will never hurt me

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
if the denizens of this thread vote for me as your new Stux, and my word becomes law, I will say only one thing:

"RTS is back on top"

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PugcxQYJGjs

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Someone mocked me when I mentioned this before but I loved LIS 1 and stopped playing LIS 2 because someone threatened to call ICE on someone else and I was like, yeah I just don't think this is fun any more.

VideoGames posted:

Returnal feels so good to play, so much fun when building a powerful character and the daily runs are excellent. I know I blitzed through it very fast, but it was great the whole time :D

I don't have a PS5 but I really wanted to play this until a friend said he gave up and youtube'd the ending because it was too hard. How hard is it? Like celeste/super meat boy hard, or like, dark souls hard?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I made a thin stux line flag in gimp but then idk where it saved it so you can all imagine how good it was while I go look for a photoshop torrent

Here's the official stux flag

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

if the denizens of this thread vote for me as your new Stux, and my word becomes law, I will say only one thing:

"RTS is back on top"

If you being the word of law gets rts back and further boomer shooter development I'm for it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

redreader posted:

I don't have a PS5 but I really wanted to play this until a friend said he gave up and youtube'd the ending because it was too hard. How hard is it? Like celeste/super meat boy hard, or like, dark souls hard?

It borrows heavily from bullet hell arcade games (despite being a third person shooter) so closer to the Celeste/meat boy end of the scale. You need good twitch reflexes as well as a good run of pickups to make headway.

Really it’s not too different from Housemarque’s other games besides being in third person

haveblue fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 7, 2021

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Here's the official stux flag

thank you for respecting the lore

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

the lore of the fiend

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

stux is my friend

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Returnal doesn’t have any cool mutators or interesting combos so exploring only gave you guns, some limited use special items, or more health. so each run felt mostly the same once you found the gun you liked. Really liked it and beat it but it couldn’t really hold my attention like other games in the genre do.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Help Im Alive posted:

I've been playing Sonic Colours today (the first release in the september colours duology) and the soundtrack is pretty good

What are you playing it on and how are you finding the quality of the port?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

wuggles posted:

What are you playing it on and how are you finding the quality of the port?

I never played the original on Wii but I'm playing Ultimate on a PS5 and I didn't run into any bugs in the 4 or 5 worlds I played/I guess it's probably running at 60fps but I'm terrible at telling the difference with that stuff idk

I heard the switch port is kind of a mess though

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Small indie company CD Projekt Red launched a KS
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/witcherronin/the-witcher-ronin-a-hard-copy-collectors-edition-manga

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

They broke BotW again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UulNOmVi-jo

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Help Im Alive posted:

I never played the original on Wii but I'm playing Ultimate on a PS5 and I didn't run into any bugs in the 4 or 5 worlds I played/I guess it's probably running at 60fps but I'm terrible at telling the difference with that stuff idk

Hm I’ve been thinking about playing on PS5. Hm…

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/WillWiles/status/1435322919522013188?s=19

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

fairy bread

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Help Im Alive posted:

A lot of the more wild visual glitches going around turned out to have been played on emulators which might explain a few things.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Amazing what Zero Northern Hemisphere will do to a MF

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Buncha non-Vegemite eating drongos ITT

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

A lot of the more wild visual glitches going around turned out to have been played on emulators which might explain a few things.

thaht was one guy, they happen on real hardware too

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

:hmmyes:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Airy Read

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

is there fairy bread but instead of sprinkles u put like choco chipz or smth instead

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Booky posted:

is there fairy bread but instead of sprinkles u put like choco chipz or smth instead

that's goblin bread

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Relax Or DIE posted:

that's goblin bread

that's Pumpernickel

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Booky posted:

It's called a Chocolate Swiss Roll

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Booky posted:

Actually, yes - it's a Dutch thing called Hagelslag

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I cannot think of a less appealing name for food than hagelslag

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Apropos of nothing, I just had an Arma 2 video I made eleven years ago pulled from YouTube. It was auto-flagged for hate speech.

It used a WW2 mod, ergo German soldiers, ergo Nazis, ergo I'm a racist and the video must go.

Oh Google

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

I cannot think of a less appealing name for food than hagelslag

Hákarl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Former Human posted:

Apropos of nothing, I just had an Arma 2 video I made eleven years ago pulled from YouTube. It was auto-flagged for hate speech.

It used a WW2 mod, ergo German soldiers, ergo Nazis, ergo I'm a racist and the video must go.

Oh Google

Well, I certainly hope you learned your lesson.