Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I was kinda of disappointed that we never went to the moon after Mads dangled it out there in one of the BB visions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I'm excited for Hideo Kojima's coming masterpiece Death Stranding: Another Round in which Mads Mikkelsen portrays a drunk absentee father who tries to find his lost mojo by partying with his cameo celebrity buddies while Norman Reedus treks across the world to discover the meaning of video games and/or Christmas.

night slime
May 14, 2014
The stabilizer stuff from the trailer reminds me of moon jumps. Guessing some of the DLC is just stuff they're beta testing for the new game. I wonder why they keep telling Reedus to go blab immediately about whatever he just did, I guess it's one way of free PR

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

night slime posted:

The stabilizer stuff from the trailer reminds me of moon jumps. Guessing some of the DLC is just stuff they're beta testing for the new game. I wonder why they keep telling Reedus to go blab immediately about whatever he just did, I guess it's one way of free PR

Before we get too excited, the interview has been machine translated from Portuguese so it is possible that Reedus meant the Director's Cut and that's been mangled into a sequel somewhere along the line. Although that's out next month so saying it's "in negotiations" doesn't make much sense either.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

considering alan wake and control both live in the same universe i think kojima making more games in the death stranding could be very cool and interesting

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I hope he leans into it and makes us walk across an actual sized continent. Give it to me, Kojima!

rosenritter
Feb 22, 2014
I want to walk around Russia or Brazil.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Prequel set in Australia when?

G'day ya dog C*** Ive been flat out like a lizard drinking here's ya fkn medical supplies *throws a carton of great northern at Chris Hemsworth*

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Death Stranding: Amazon - Manage your sanity, and your bladder, in this thrilling cage match x delivery simulator. Will you find zen inside the box?

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Monster energy cans were replaced with a generic "Bridge Energy" drink. RIP Monster canteen?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

RIP sponsorship, probably

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sam's kidneys went on strike unless he got something else to drink.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

It still says Monster Energy if you select it in the d-pad inventory.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Midjack posted:

I'm really more a fan of the one and done these days. Reuse your technology in a new game but let the world, characters, and story stand on their own.

Kojima kept saying he wants to make a horror game next.
I doubt he's letting concepts from Silent Hills just stagnate in a vault.

I'm just picturing Death Stranding: Silent Hill.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

NeoSeeker posted:

Kojima kept saying he wants to make a horror game next.
I doubt he's letting concepts from Silent Hills just stagnate in a vault.

I'm just picturing Death Stranding: Silent Hill.

Silent Stranding

Death Hill

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
This felt on topic

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1433432309793890305

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Just like Yoji Shinkawa saying "at first I thought he was kidding, but I soon realised that Mr Kojima was serious" about MGS2

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Party Boat posted:

Just like Yoji Shinkawa saying "at first I thought he was kidding, but I soon realised that Mr Kojima was serious" about MGS2

"PRINCESS BEACH" he might be kidding, but he's also serious

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Here's where everyone who doubted Kojima goes

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
:hmmyes:

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

Nitevision posted:

– Cliff's last segment was the one really fulfilling part of the conclusion and was an inspired turn for that character, and the memory sequence where all of a sudden he's talking to Sam was good

Hot story take: the entire plot would have been better if Cliff was the main villain. He has a clear motivation about being a vengeful, insane spirit trying to get his kid back and retaliate against Bridges for it, and silly lines about being like a cliff aside, it was a neat twist and a good moment. I'm sure you could come up with some technobabble about how he was in control of all the apocalypse poo poo going down that wouldn't be any less incoherent than the EE stuff, without changing that much of the actual game. Having you deal with him in a different manner in the final encounter than just shooting at him would have been nice too.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
I got this game during this weekend's sale. Enjoying it a fair bit. Couple of questions..

Do I need to build the shelter outside the weather station? I don't remember if it was flagged as such

I just reconnected the timefall farm, is it scripted to rain until I leave afterwards or can I wait it out?

As a side note, the song on my way down from the weather station didn't play but it dropped all the ambient sounds which was a weird few minutes.

Think episode 3 is great compared to previous areas, varied biomes and terrain and highways to consider.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

I just reconnected the timefall farm, is it scripted to rain until I leave afterwards or can I wait it out?
Timefall doesn't really matter unless you're clumsy, it doesn't actually damage packages it just makes them take more damage if you bash them around.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Die Hardman tells you to build the shelter near the weather station and I think you have to, yes.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

But you can deconstruct it immediately afterwards

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
I did place the building but I need to pour a bunch of metal into it. For some reason they gave me a tonne of special alloy for it I think. I dragged all the alloy to the timefall farm, then all the way back to lake knot city. At this point I realised the materials were given to me for the shelter upgrade, but it appears to need metal, so i just recycled them.

I just finished the chiral artist portion and so far it hasn't been a problem, so maybe placing it is mandatory but upgrading it into a functioning private room isn't.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I have some time off and I'm debating going back and finishing this game. I played it a lot during lockdown, it was kind of the perfect game for it, but that was nearly a full year and 2 lockdowns ago lol.

It's on pc so my real hesitation is if/when the Director's cut stuff is coming...

Also if I go visit Heartman is that me locked into 5ish hours of endgame?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Nah, you've got lots of game left. Going to Heartman unlocks three more preppers. After visiting them you go into the endgame, but you choose when you want to start the endgame stuff. You can't cancel it once started, but after the game is finished and you've seen the credits you can go back into the world and do postgame stuff.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

The endgame is very clearly signposted with a prompt to go to an entirely new area and you may even get a "you might not be back for a while" cue. It's basically impossible to miss.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Shoehead posted:

I have some time off and I'm debating going back and finishing this game. I played it a lot during lockdown, it was kind of the perfect game for it, but that was nearly a full year and 2 lockdowns ago lol.

It's on pc so my real hesitation is if/when the Director's cut stuff is coming...

Also if I go visit Heartman is that me locked into 5ish hours of endgame?

PC version of director's cut hasn't even been announced. It's likely it'll be another timed exclusive thing for PS5 first for probably at least half a year. You got plenty of time.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

Party Boat posted:

The endgame is very clearly signposted with a prompt to go to an entirely new area and you may even get a "you might not be back for a while" cue. It's basically impossible to miss.

And don’t worry about being close to end at that point, there’s a good 20 hours of gameplay/cutscenes at that point. So do not think that that sign means “just rush it through tonight”

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Oh yeah learn from my mistake, don't hit that bit at 10pm and think you'll be done by bedtime

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

echoing that sentiment because it's so god drat true. when you think "okay, drat, probably about an hour left, maybe two" it's more like five or six

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

Party Boat posted:

Oh yeah learn from my mistake, don't hit that bit at 10pm and think you'll be done by bedtime

I was done by bedtime - bedtime just happened to be 10am next day.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

echoing that sentiment because it's so god drat true. when you think "okay, drat, probably about an hour left, maybe two" it's more like five or six

Kojima wins again

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I wish I could play DS for the first time all over again, I can't ever get the motivation to replay it.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I went to Heartman and had a talk. Kojima is very good at having people talk about horrible personal tragedy while also spouting the dumbest bullshit ever and I love it. 👍 👍

I immediately decided right after that my zipline network was not up to snuff and spent EIGHT HOURS expanding it. It was great

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I read the last 2 pages of this and the wikipedia article for death stranding and I didn't see the answer to my question: is it worth buying this on pc? I bought it on ps4 and loved it, and want the director's cut or whatever is coming out later this month, for pc. If I get the pc version (it's $16 on greenmangaming) will I be able to upgrade to the director's cut? Will that even come out on pc at all?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Shinmera posted:

PC version of director's cut hasn't even been announced. It's likely it'll be another timed exclusive thing for PS5 first for probably at least half a year. You got plenty of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Kojima wants you to know about a song he likes, so he made a video for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlLEmu8c-Vk