Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Chinatown posted:

Here I sit at the Costco gas line. :munch:

Never have I seen so many people get into their car while leaving the gas pump fueling up by itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Nocheez posted:

Also, my daughter was born on the 1st. Everything went perfectly fine :)

Not going to let this go unnoticed, congratulations! Hopefully your baby will be baptized into the church with a cascade of yummy samples! Just dump em all in there.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

tangy yet delightful posted:

I think I'll be going to costco tomorrow (or another day this week anyway).

What section would I find the hatch 505 in?

And I'm gonna get some of these too, Foppen smoked salmon slices, but I assume they will probably be in the refrigerated deli meats area.

They sure are. The 505 is in with the salsa/hot sauce/canned goods aisle

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

Soul Dentist posted:

They sure are. The 505 is in with the salsa/hot sauce/canned goods aisle

Haven't seen them at either of my local Costcos. Shall have to try another one considering how much everyone swears by it.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Gaius Marius posted:

You guys know you can make your own 505 Salsa with some roasted peppers, water, and a blender right?

Please explain how I could possibly do this in any way easier/better than just giving Costco $5 for a giant jar of it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I guarantee you I will put less love into my homemade salsa than the lady operating the liquid pepper injector

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Fallom posted:

I guarantee you I will put less love into my homemade salsa than the lady operating the liquid pepper injector

Ok, this made me laugh… :same:

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
Are the chicken pot pies any good? Is the crust different than the pumpkin pie crust?

My girlfriend doesn't really like pot pie, and I was hoping it was high quality enough to sway her. Otherwise I can't justify buying a whole pot pie for myself.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I feel like I can make a tastier chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie, even if I use store-bought crust.

Can I make one that's like sixteen pounds, for :tenbux: ? No.

It's a huge step up from a frozen pot pie, but it's still a convenience food. Nothing wrong with that.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i like the pot pie. none of those prepared meals are going to knock your socks off but theyre generally a good deal for the money if you need to feed a bunch of people or want leftovers you can reheat for a few days. that said i think the pot pie is one of the better offerings there.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
My family really likes the meatloaf and mashed potatoes. The taters are magical. Leftovers are great.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Ordered the quickjack bundle for the new barn.

I'm excited AF.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

The best thing to do with the pot pie (unless you’re feeding enough people to eat it all in one sitting), is to freeze it halfway, cut it into usable pieces, and then freeze those pieces the rest of the way — when you do cook it, just make a little wall of tinfoil at the edges to prevent oozing.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

fischtick posted:

My family really likes the meatloaf and mashed potatoes. The taters are magical. Leftovers are great.

I feel like it could do with half a pound less glaze, but the potatoes are amazing. We always end up scraping most of the glaze off before cooking, it's just way too much.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I also think the pot pie is just okay. The crust is pretty much the same as the pumpkin pie and it's slightly better than a frozen pot pie, but it's not something that will convince a pot pie hater to change their mind.

The ravioli lasagna on the other hand...

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

All the deli food is bland as gently caress. Extra seasoning is highly recommended.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
The street tacos and teriyaki noodle thing are pretty good. The rest is basically hospital food.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Tremors posted:

The street tacos and teriyaki noodle thing are pretty good. The rest is basically hospital food.

Man, you have access to some pretty ritzy hospitals if the food even approaches mediocre costco fare.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Tremors posted:

We eat that little street taco kit they sell in the meat department like once a week. So tasty.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I went to a sam's club the other day. They sell the exact same taco kit.

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009
Chicken enchilada bake with 505 green chiles on top

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Gaius Marius posted:

All the deli food is bland as gently caress. Extra seasoning is highly recommended.

Yeah, I forgot to mention I doctor up the ravioli lasagna with extra Rao's sauce and pecorino. The pot pie I found to be too salty, to be honest.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

My toddler eats the heck out of the chicken alfredo bake for the three nights it lasts us so even though it’s not that spectacular I pick one up every time.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Chicken aldredo bake, mac cheese, spinach cannelloni, enchiladas. All good but I add copious amount of hot sauce to them.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

The street tacos are pretty bland and basic too... get your butts to a real Mexican place.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Chinatown posted:

Chicken aldredo bake, mac cheese, spinach cannelloni, enchiladas. All good but I add copious amount of hot sauce to them.

This is the way…

And the enchiladas are the best thing there IMO

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

sexy tiger boobs posted:

The street tacos are pretty bland and basic too... get your butts to a real Mexican place.

They are good lazy food if you dress them up with something extra like hot sauce or whatever. That's kind of how I feel about most of the deli stuff, it's good quality but bring your own flavors

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

sexy tiger boobs posted:

...... EL Costco?

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
The bulgogi packs in the meat section are fine, especially if you are doing a grill or camp out and have a nice cast iron skillet to get piping hot. My wife is Korean, so she thinks they are a solid deal. I don’t think she adds any extra sauce to them.

I haven’t been to the Co in a while, but a hot dog would be fine today.

My wife’s car needs new tires and we are going to think about giving the Co a shot at replacing them.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

bagmonkey posted:

They are good lazy food if you dress them up with something extra like hot sauce or whatever. That's kind of how I feel about most of the deli stuff, it's good quality but bring your own flavors

Yeah, I feel this way too.

I like the chicken pot pie because I like pot pies in general but I add a sriracha to it when I eat it. Also, I agree with pnumoman, pot pie is too salty.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Bring back almond poppy seed muffins, you cowards. Apple crumb is nothing in comparison.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

PBUC

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

durrneez posted:

Yeah, I feel this way too.

I like the chicken pot pie because I like pot pies in general but I add a sriracha to it when I eat it. Also, I agree with pnumoman, pot pie is too salty.

They didn't use to be as salty, they've changed in the last year or so.

We cook them for 15-20 minutes longer than the box says, and the top comes out better. They also come out better with convection mode on the oven instead of regular.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

This doesnt make sense. Price per each what? Each can would be 41 cents. Why is this bothering me so much?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

schreibs posted:

This doesnt make sense. Price per each what? Each can would be 41 cents. Why is this bothering me so much?

It's assuming the whole package is 12oz.

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

schreibs posted:

It's a manually changed sign. Some manager marked it down to get rid of it at that location and didn't correct that part of the sign when they changed the price.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Hutla posted:

Bring back almond poppy seed muffins, you cowards. Apple crumb is nothing in comparison.

I'll bet you they never do. Because nut allergies they'd have to clean the muffin depositer before and after they dropped them. Granted they're supposed to do that anyway but it never happens.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

schreibs posted:

Rang up as $10.20, so I'll take it. Hope it's just to get rid of labor day excess and not going away forever

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

the muffin depositer

This would be a great username, mods please I'm begging you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

RocketLunatic posted:

My wife’s car needs new tires and we are going to think about giving the Co a shot at replacing them.

I would look around before blindly committing to this. I have gotten tires at CostCo in the past but I won’t do it again. The tire department at my store is always utterly slammed so those rotation & balances would take forever. Discount Tire was the same price and far more convenient for me.