Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

That's a trailer that is really catering to people who have played and finished the game. Really going for the double dip consumers.

But nothing wrong with some Woodkid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMsbMK9Odoc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah that trailer is a good one.

But the most pressing question about the DSDC trailer is answered by the man himself

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1435560746591477766

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The sacrifice is you have to drink all the monster energy so your kidneys scream.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's BRIDGES energy drink now.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Philippe posted:

It's BRIDGES energy drink now.

This makes me sad. Kojima needs to get the Monster back!

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Maybe the sacrifice is just not pissing and making your bladder burst? Suddenly I'm wondering why there isn't a catheter item to let you carry extra urine around and mix with blood. Sam 'Pissbags' Bridges.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

:ssh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfXZKJ_XFTM

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Stare-Out posted:

Kojima wants you to know about a song he likes, so he made a video for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlLEmu8c-Vk

Surprising amount of spoilers in this trailer. If you haven't beaten the game avoid it!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm still working my way towards the ending but uh... So I'm in the snowy mountains a lot atm and I keep hearing sleighbells??

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Pretty sure the condition to get blood pee grenades is letting your max stamina drop at least to half. This only happens if you never rest and just keep going.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Shoehead posted:

I'm still working my way towards the ending but uh... So I'm in the snowy mountains a lot atm and I keep hearing sleighbells??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f-DI8blKX8

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Shoehead posted:

When you think about it Santa Claus is the ultimate porter

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Death stranding got a ps4 update.

You'll need to launch the ps4 client and use it to export your save so you can download it on the ps5 version.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I wonder how Santa Clause is handling the Death Stranding

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

WaltherFeng posted:

Pretty sure the condition to get blood pee grenades is letting your max stamina drop at least to half. This only happens if you never rest and just keep going.

Might also be to do with the bloody feet? Not wearing shoes was one thing I have never tried after about 90 hours.

night slime
May 14, 2014

WaltherFeng posted:

If you die a bunch it happens. Throw yourself off a cliff or shoot a grenade at your feet and respawn.

Typing that out made me reminded me that I always wondered if Heartman would have a different voice clip if you died more time than he did, but the game is encrypted apparently. It would take years like that MGSV event

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Why is there no radio call about how Sam still believes in Santa? I thought Hideo Kojima made this game

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Does he mean roads over the mountains?

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1435883859581628425

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

mycot posted:

When you think about it Santa Claus is the ultimate porter

:monocle:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I was trying to fingure out how to get more stars for Peter Englert when I looked him up, first bit of info I got was that he's named after Peter Higgs and I'm like, wait.... noooooo

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

F

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Shoehead posted:

I was trying to fingure out how to get more stars for Peter Englert when I looked him up, first bit of info I got was that he's named after Peter Higgs and I'm like, wait.... noooooo

I've always wondered if it's possible to get his 5 stars before the endgame. Would have shaved off quite some time If I had printed and stashed a bunch of lvl 5 assault rifles somewhere.
If you haven't already I highly recommend maxing Peter's level before the endgame prompt if it's possible.

Anyone else get to the postgame, change the color of your outfit, do a few deliveries, mess about with the game and its mechanics for a few hours then never touch it again? I think if they're trying to get people to double dip with the Director's Cut they should add more incentive to play the postgame. There are too many reasons why, at least a standard, Newgame+ option wouldn't be appealing.

Also what's this about zip-lines and floaters?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

NeoSeeker posted:

Also what's this about zip-lines and floaters?

I assumed it meant floating carriers can use zip lines

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

NeoSeeker posted:

I've always wondered if it's possible to get his 5 stars before the endgame. Would have shaved off quite some time If I had printed and stashed a bunch of lvl 5 assault rifles somewhere.
If you haven't already I highly recommend maxing Peter's level before the endgame prompt if it's possible.

I did that! You get an email going, "hey Sam this is who I am, please enjoy my bunker and my data, here's five stars for being a good boy", you can go into the bunker, and you get all the schematics and whatnot. I don't remember if you get a star or not.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I finally put Cyberpunk to bed because there's nothing left with the combat for me, and picked this up.

I'm, like, oddly enraptured by the simple idea of "Take boxes to places". Barely started the poo poo with the preppers but just hiking places is a real nice way to destress.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

FilthyImp posted:

I finally put Cyberpunk to bed because there's nothing left with the combat for me, and picked this up.

I'm, like, oddly enraptured by the simple idea of "Take boxes to places". Barely started the poo poo with the preppers but just hiking places is a real nice way to destress.

Find the musician on the first map and do a couple missions for him, you get a great item.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Philippe posted:

I did that! You get an email going, "hey Sam this is who I am, please enjoy my bunker and my data, here's five stars for being a good boy", you can go into the bunker, and you get all the schematics and whatnot. I don't remember if you get a star or not.

I'd be surprised by this game if that weren't true.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 17, 2021

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It's a bit more subtle than that, but yeah, here's the mail you get when Peter Englert's final delivery becomes available: https://deathstranding.fandom.com/wiki/A_Final_Request_for_Pizza

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Uh oh, Kojima has discovered S. Craig Zahler. Expect a lot of gory head stomping in Death Stranding 2.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Wondering if and how much the online components are segregated based on game progress and your player's rank.

Can my post-game Sam help out another player who's just started playing the game? And how much so?

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 18, 2021

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

You don't see structures and equipment from other players that you haven't unlocked in your own game yet.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Shoehead posted:

Unlike rain, snow doesn't make a sound, so sleighbells get to be the cue for timefall in snowy areas, I'm pretty sure. No Santa, sadly.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Someone wrote a two volume novelization of the game: https://www.amazon.com/Death-Stranding-Official-Novelization/dp/178909576X/

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Double post: the Best Buy near me accidentally broke street date on the DC, probably confused Deathloop and Death Stranding, but when I made it to checkout the cash register wouldn't let them sell it to me. :/

night slime
May 14, 2014
Go full diehard man and drop to your knees begging at the checkout

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Are there any RPG games that capture any of this games core traversal or weight mechanics? I'd really like the idea of having something like those in a game like Skyrim.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Only game I know of even trying to do DS traversal is some indie mountain climbing game coming out. Trailer didn't capture me though. It's cel shaded and cartoony whereas I feel you really need realistic graphics to capture every exhausting step. Kojima really got that right.

night slime
May 14, 2014

thechosenone posted:

Are there any RPG games that capture any of this games core traversal or weight mechanics? I'd really like the idea of having something like those in a game like Skyrim.

Metal Gear Survive...uhh you said RPG sorry.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Can't believe I'm staying up until midnight for the launch of Death Stranding for like the 3rd time in two years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Just did a quick 1-hour delivery to check out the DC. Seems like there are a lot of little quality of life changes, though I've not played the game in months now so I might be wrong about a few. I feel like some elements are now automated and things are quicker to access, plus you can move the 3D map with the right stick now too instead of twisting your arms with the gyro to see topography. I didn't encounter any MULEs to try out the new combat but the moves are hilarious, the body slam especially.

60fps is super nice and loading times are nuts, down to like 3 seconds from what, a minute and a half? If you import your PS4 save, you also get all your trophies again which is fun.