Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

YF-23 posted:

It looks too good, even. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a photograph that's been edited to look like a black and white drawing. gently caress, I hate this, I hate not giving people the benefit of the doubt and jumping to nasty conclusions like that, but there's just no goodwill left. :smith:

More than likely it's a cloud brush or filter of some kind. Using an edited photo is probably outside Mookie's range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Splat

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

'Squish' lol

is he actually sleeping with them or do they just kinda curl up like a bunch of ferrets together

If they were loving there’d be a much bigger focus on it happening.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
In two years Snout has learned so little about the Ink Witch's personality that the only names Mookie came up with are directly related to things she's done. Half of them are just things relating to ink. It's almost embarrassing how bad a job he's done giving her a character.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The second panel actually looks okay-ish. If the rest of the scenery shots looked like that I wouldn't have any complaints - it's nothing impressive, but it works. But instead this is an art style we've never, ever seen before, so it's pretty jarring, especially after the previous page and its depiction of water.

I'm pretty sure the second panel is just a photoshopped photo. It looks too realistic.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
This will be redeemed of he makes the inkwitch repulsed by his decision. Like "corpsemom gets a real name and you call me cuddler" anger

Of course he won't, since the soft boi can do no wrong.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Mx. posted:

jesus christ

are you loving kidding me with this

Two pages later, Snout makes an "Aha!" face and proudly underlines a name in his book. He goes off to show it to the Ink Witch. Her name is now Ink Witch. She hugs him. We all scream.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What would be the worst name he could realistically give her? I'd lean towards "Bussy"

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Where the gently caress does Daisy or Berry come from? Everything else is poo poo she's done or onomatopeia for wet ink.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
We only use names people give us so we can learn what they think about us. What will you name me? Cuddle Mommy? ... oh. ah. ok.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
'Fibber' because 'Gaslighter' or 'Liar' or 'Manipulative Monster' would be too on-the-nose.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm pretty sure the second panel is just a photoshopped photo. It looks too realistic.

Honestly I wouldn't be too bothered by that. Being able to draw clouds isn't an artistic ability I care much about - I'm sure many pro artists have used photos for backgrounds in subtle ways, and as long as it doesn't take away from the core of the image, who cares.

But the clashing with the previous minimalistic art style is very strange. He's NEVER had a background like this in the comic. Sure, some comics have sudden art style changes for artistic purposes, but that isn't an established thing in this comic, so it's just bizarre.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
Tag yourself, I'm Drip Fibber.

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Where the gently caress does Daisy or Berry come from? Everything else is poo poo she's done or onomatopeia for wet ink.

I think Berry is because Snout made ink out of berries at some point. Never mind that Berry or Daisy would have been more fitting names for Corpseaianda the literal plant-person.

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
He's probably going to pick Page which is just another stupid pun name that tells us nothing.

The fact that all of these weren't crossed out immediately is damning though.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Cloacamazing! posted:

Two pages later, Snout makes an "Aha!" face and proudly underlines a name in his book. He goes off to show it to the Ink Witch. Her name is now Ink Witch. She hugs him. We all scream.

One panel will be devoted to her making Good Boy bedroom eyes at him

I'm sorry, I will never get over the only other two main characters (both female) asking Snout to name them, while all the other male characters get names pretty much right away. Actual names of their own, at that.

It's just weird that it's happened twice now

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Dabir posted:

"Cuddler" is the loving nadir though so that's definitely what he'll go with

"Squish" is worse, it's short for "boob squish"

Of the options presented, she's most likely to wind up "Page" because it's the only thing on there that resembles a real name.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I assumed it was just a wet inky sound but you're probably right.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I didn't even notice Cuddler, loving hell that's cringe

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I’m just, like…I’m baffled. You ask literally any human being to come up with a list of nicknames, how is there one that provides that one? How is Mookie?

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Okay, that's a funny edit, now show me the real comic! ...Oh God no

The faintest praise I can give is that this feels consistent with what a guy named Snout might think are normal names. Kaianda got lucky she had a printed copy of babynames dot com with her or else she'd have probably been named Vines, Siren, or Punchyface. But then that begs the question, does she still have the name book? If she does, couldn't Snout borrow that for inspiration? Even if his name for the Ink Witch has to be a nickname, it's weird that a third of his names are just about how much he likes to cuddle with her. But like TheHan said, there's so little substance to her character that cuddling and flying (and crashing) planes is practically all Snout can work with.

I wonder if this is a setup to make her planned name more palatable. I suppose if he does reference back to the name book, there's always Dominque...

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
My guess is that Mookie is looking up the antonym of "redact" in a thesaurus

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Of all of those "Berry" is the only normal-sounding one so I think that's what he's gonna settle on.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tesseraction posted:

Names for the ink witch

Can’t be these are funny

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

YF-23 posted:

Of all of those "Berry" is the only normal-sounding one so I think that's what he's gonna settle on.

It'll probably be something else not on this list that Mookie thinks will be a heartwarming reveal

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

"Page" is cute and I would like it if it was attached to a better comic.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah that's like the one good name on that list, I'd actually be ok if he picked that (and it'd be confirmation Mookie is reading this thread, hi Mookie).

Also lol @ Fibber, is that a Freudian slip? Is is Mookie intentionally acknowledging how much of a liar she has been to Snout?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

RandomPauI posted:

What would be the worst name he could realistically give her? I'd lean towards "Bussy"

Pussy McGlomp

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Centerfold

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

RandomPauI posted:

There's no way of answering this since we don't know how many women Mookie met in college.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah that's like the one good name on that list, I'd actually be ok if he picked that (and it'd be confirmation Mookie is reading this thread, hi Mookie).

Also lol @ Fibber, is that a Freudian slip? Is is Mookie intentionally acknowledging how much of a liar she has been to Snout?

LMAO I didn't even notice Fibber in there, hmmm it seems like she lied to Snout so much it formed a core part of her identity! Surely we'll dive into this in-between their naked cuddle sessions and chaste hand holding

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Regalingualius posted:

Pussy McGlomp

Seriously, how the hell did Mookie miss Glomp, of all things? :glomp:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

YF-23 posted:

It looks too good, even. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a photograph that's been edited to look like a black and white drawing. gently caress, I hate this, I hate not giving people the benefit of the doubt and jumping to nasty conclusions like that, but there's just no goodwill left. :smith:
Mookie has burned up all benefit of the doubt a long time ago.

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

'Squish' lol

is he actually sleeping with them or do they just kinda curl up like a bunch of ferrets together
Sleeping with? Yes, we've seen that several times.

Sex? No we'd know, Mookie doesn't do subtlety.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I repeat.

Splat.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samovar posted:

I repeat.

Splat.

Squish

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
God, just... why is it all so dumb?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

uh-uh, Cicero?

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Happy Landfill posted:

Good Boy bedroom eyes at him

This is the most accurately and horribly the English language has been utilised to describe something

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

What is your ideal relationship:

"Platonic cuddles and the type of patronizing love you give a beloved pet."

"That's not creepy, right?"

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Lunatic Sledge posted:

uh-uh, Cicero?

Lipschitz.

Adbot