Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Rumors of Tarantino making sure to work his foot fetish into his movies

How is it a rumor? It's really obvious when you watch the movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Groovelord Neato posted:

How is it a rumor? It's really obvious when you watch the movies.

This is the first time you see Uma Thurman's character on screen, and it's right after she's been using a kinda deep sexy voice over an intercom to guide John Travolta around the house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXzSQom87NA

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Yeah what a pervert, like come on, could you be any more obvious!?!

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Well, there is this scene from Death Proof, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee6jqUkxkZs

Not so subtle.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't have a problem with it, it's not like Uma Thurman didn't know exactly what was being filmed at that moment and it's not like Tarantino was holding her dream movie hostage like Weinstein did with with Hayek and Frida

The Kill Bill stunt that almost killed her is closer to that type of situation. But you have to read interviews and stuff to know about that, versus just watch a very popular movie.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Also Thurman and he are supposedly close friends now, he publicly apologized several times and she’s come out in defense of him since then.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He also went into the archives and dug out the footage for her even though it doesn’t make him look good.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

CelticPredator posted:

He also went into the archives and dug out the footage for her even though it doesn’t make him look good.

I'm not trying to stan when I say that I sincerely believe that Quentin Tarantino legit doesn't give a single gently caress what anybody thinks of him

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Probably not. But he still did that. Like Uma was the one who said he did it. And he did do a tiny blurb for an interview about it after the fact.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Probably not. But he still did that. Like Uma was the one who said he did it. And he did do a tiny blurb for an interview about it after the fact.

I know, we're not disagreeing.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
From Dusk til Dawn was directed by Robert Rodriguez, but it does have Tarantino sucking whiskey from Selma Hayek's toes.
Skip to 3:08.
https://youtu.be/Naq2DF5aRdM

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Bust Rodd posted:

Tarantino is also no stranger to near constant accusations of sexual perversion, it’s really easy to imagine someone like that not wanting to draw attention to it

I read one interview where he was talking about how he likes that we now have camera phones because people would wake up when he'd use a Polaroid camera to photograph people with dildos if they fell asleep on his set.

deoju posted:

From Dusk til Dawn was directed by Robert Rodriguez, but it does have Tarantino sucking whiskey from Selma Hayek's toes.
Skip to 3:08.
https://youtu.be/Naq2DF5aRdM

Guess who wrote the screenplay for that movie!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok, so if that’s how you feel about Tarantino and feet, what do you think of James Cameron and blue cat people?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok, so if that’s how you feel about Tarantino and feet, what do you think of James Cameron and blue cat people?

I mean, he sounds like an rear end in a top hat director but maybe not a molestor.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Whereas writing yourself into a scene where you suck an actress's foot is pretty bad.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

OK so maybe not RUMORS AND HEARSAY

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Cameron is into feet too. Just not sexually.
Aliens has lots of shots of feet. Off the top of my head; the first shot of a space marine on the planet is a boot stomping in a puddle, the cocooned colonists shoe, acid dripping on to Bishop's foot, the reveal of the power loader, the queen grabbing Ripley's shoe while getting sucked into space. I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.

Also in Terminator there's a skull stomped by a metal foot. And in T2 there's a slo mo shot of Arnie treading on a rose from the bouquet he hid his shot gun in.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I mean, he sounds like an rear end in a top hat director but maybe not a molestor.

The stunt coordinator for True Lies did rape Eliza Dushku during the filming.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jan/15/eliza-dushku-accuses-true-lies-crew-member-of-sexually-assaulting-her-aged-12

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

deoju posted:

Aliens has lots of shots of feet. Off the top of my head; the first shot of a space marine on the planet is a boot stomping in a puddle, the cocooned colonists shoe, acid dripping on to Bishop's foot, the reveal of the power loader, the queen grabbing Ripley's shoe while getting sucked into space. I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.

Also in Terminator there's a skull stomped by a metal foot. And in T2 there's a slo mo shot of Arnie treading on a rose from the bouquet he hid his shot gun in.

Feet are a pretty common motif generally, how many times are we introduced to a character feet-first and panning up to reveal their face?

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah it’s not just about being free, it’s about getting justice for being literally enslaved for a decade

It's amazing anyone is even questioning this, though seems to go with how much people just love to hate Britney for absolutely no reason. I tell ya, the early 00s was just frothing misogyny (among other things) suddenly pushed as mainstream and omnipresent.

Jamie strikes me as doing what most abusive parents do when they realise they're actually getting called out; wildly backpedal and go 'Aw shucks, well it's all good now, see?'

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Didn't expect to come out of the last 2 pages with a new appreciation for Edward Norton, but here we are.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

well why not posted:

Didn't expect to come out of the last 2 pages with a new appreciation for Edward Norton, but here we are.

I always thought that the guy was a raging egomaniac (well, he probably still is) so him doing a rewrite with no benefit to him personally and potentially risking Weinstein’s wrath was a shock to me.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Whereas writing yourself into a scene where you suck an actress's foot is pretty bad.

A lot of this comes down to the supposed deviancy of the fetish rather than it being somehow abnormal for directors to include sexually suggestive content in movies though. If we were talking about a movie that highlighted a woman's breasts, or body in general, we'd be describing like 90% of hollywood movies.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

AceOfFlames posted:

I always thought that the guy was a raging egomaniac (well, he probably still is) so him doing a rewrite with no benefit to him personally and potentially risking Weinstein’s wrath was a shock to me.

Well, at least he's using his powers for good this time.

enki42 posted:

A lot of this comes down to the supposed deviancy of the fetish rather than it being somehow abnormal for directors to include sexually suggestive content in movies though. If we were talking about a movie that highlighted a woman's breasts, or body in general, we'd be describing like 90% of hollywood movies.

Who is Hollywood's premiere rear end man?

Also, it explains a lot that gratuitous sexuality in movies is the result of horny and/or spiteful producers who just have to objectify women if they're going to be featured at all.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Foot guys are deranged so yeah people are gonna point it out. Still a far cry from being a Weinstein of course.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

deoju posted:

[citation needed]

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Well, at least he's using his powers for good this time.

Who is Hollywood's premiere rear end man?

Also, it explains a lot that gratuitous sexuality in movies is the result of horny and/or spiteful producers who just have to objectify women if they're going to be featured at all.

Michael Bay is well-known for his horny teen style of directing and framing women in his movies. He was super awful to Megan Fox on the Transformers sets.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Tarintino doesn’t come across as a particularly nice person. He mentioned recently that he doesn’t help out his mom financially because she told him not to be a filmmaker when he was a kid.

Like sure, you don’t want to poo poo on a kids dream but that’s solid advice as most people don’t make it.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Foot guys are deranged so yeah people are gonna point it out. Still a far cry from being a Weinstein of course.

lol being into feet is like the “I saw The Godfather, therefore I’m a cinephile” of kinks. Honestly, posts like this are way weirder and say way more about the person behind them than a filmmaker being upfront about a relatively commonplace paraphilia

Like the fact that you would even name it in the same breath as “being Harvey Weinstein” is really really bizarre but that’s a Groovelord Neato post for you. How do you feel about people who do BDSM?

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 9, 2021

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

sponges posted:

Tarintino doesn’t come across as a particularly nice person. He mentioned recently that he doesn’t help out his mom financially because she told him not to be a filmmaker when he was a kid.

Like sure, you don’t want to poo poo on a kids dream but that’s solid advice as most people don’t make it.

I think it's getting into a weird place to be judging him based on his relationship to his mum. We don't know anything substantial about that, or whether she needs his assistance; nor should we.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ok Comboomer posted:

lol being into feet is like the “I saw The Godfather, therefore I’m a cinephile” of kinks. Honestly, posts like this are way weirder and say way more about the person behind them than a filmmaker being upfront about a relatively commonplace paraphilia

Like the fact that you would even name it in the same breath as “being Harvey Weinstein” is really really bizarre but that’s a Groovelord Neato post for you. How do you feel about people who do BDSM?

I'm sorry you're into feet and my post hurt you so.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

KitConstantine posted:

Michael Bay is well-known for his horny teen style of directing and framing women in his movies. He was super awful to Megan Fox on the Transformers sets.

I think Megan Fox has refuted these claims, or at least the car washing bit.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBwkEQ0lc62/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I think it's getting into a weird place to be judging him based on his relationship to his mum. We don't know anything substantial about that, or whether she needs his assistance; nor should we.

He says in that interview he helped her with an IRS issue just hasn't bought her a house or car.

The foot conversation is getting a little weird and heading off topic.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I never hesitate to remind people that Megan Fox's character in those movies is Michaela Banes.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Or whether that's a pattern of something larger. While I get there's weird stuff going on with Tarantino, people seem really eager to stretch for any possible excuse to cancel him.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

I'm sorry you're into feet and my post hurt you so.

sorry you’re enough of a weirdo NEET that you got purged from D&D, and you posted this

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's nothing wrong with liking feet if whatever you're doing with feet is consensual and not harming anything. It's really weird how that's looked upon a lot as like the most depraved possible perversion compared to a lot of other stuff.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Someone doesn't have to be a Weinstein-style rapist to be a loving creep though.

Tarantino wrote a scene about his character engaging in his personal fetish in a very public setting. It doesn't matter how tame the fetish is, and the fact that foot stuff is pretty mild would make it easier for him to involve that kink in movies.

That doesn't necessarily hit the level of exiling him from Hollywood forever. But this whole thread is about powerful people, mostly men, using their position to indulge their sexual desires. Tarantino setting things up so that he got to suck Salma Hayek's toes fits as an example of that whether or not it's outright abusive.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
It's not really about the fact that he has a thing with feet, it's that he's bringing it into the workplace and using his position as a director to get women to participate in his fetish with him. It's unprofessional at best. The comparison to Weinstein is obviously off-base though.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

enki42 posted:

Not a lot of movies where the writer/director/director/whoever is in a scene sucking an actors tits tho

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Nobody chooses what gets them horny, that’s not how being horny works. If someone is into feet it has more to do with their brain chemistry and hormone levels than it has to do with them making the conscious decision to fetishize a particular part of someone’s body or a specific behavior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I'm, uh, way more willing to forgive Quentin Tarantino than, say, Dan Schneider.