Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

From what I've seen there is no actual RCE at the moment (just people speculating about whether it's possible), just a client crash caused by sending invites to everyone in the ADV network. If you start the game with "+communities_enabled 0" it will remove you from all networks and avoid the crash, but it's probably risky to be playing multiplayer at all right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

so what you're saying is that BT is alive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4G5ktkLgdY

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
i get a huge massive ridiculolusly huge vibe that all of the titanfall/apex hacking is the same person (or small group) trying to play both sides

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Same and it's fuckin annoying, nerds need to get a job and let me play my robot video game in peace

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lol

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

That explanation of the hack is bull. There's so many reasons why things couldn't work that way, enough that I could fill five paragraphs about it.

This reeks of being fake and I bet any "demonstration" will be done via the same "RCE" stuff that was done for the other TF2 a year ago, which also ended up being a big nothingburger.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Sadly not much reason to have Titanfall2 installed regardless at the moment when you can't actually play it.

Got a friend the game just a couple weeks ago but it's ranged from multiple disconnects while trying to get into a game to completely unplayable at the moment.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 9, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

a sad fate for the best fps ever made

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
like afaict, a group/individual compromised the matchmaking server for titanfall 1 and it appears that the titanfall 2 matchmaking server is also compromised and that like 99% of the fuckery in both games that I've heard about is stuff that would trace back to someone maliciously abusing a compromised matchmaking server/system (particularly the targeting of streamers and the like). Then, surprise, someone compromises specifically the apex legends matchmaking server and nothing else apparently, but also claims to be different from the first people

like maybe they're all different, but the simplest explanation by far is just that it's the same people abusing the same vulnerability, except now they're interested in seeming like the good guys

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

edit: whoops someone already posted this

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

a sad fate for the best fps ever made

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1435793902536118276?s=20

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Only took how long? lol

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
Kind of a brilliant move to force the devs hand. Tons of articles popped up and now they have to actually do something.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Depends, Respawn may not fix the DoS exploit this time either. They acknowledged it months ago when Apex got owned but only fixed Apex.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

There was a TF2 server update at some point which I think fixed one or more of the exploits and things were working well for a bit but it seems like their poo poo is just riddled with holes so the hackers just switch to a new exploit whenever one gets fixed.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1436178903194906627

I played a few games last night, the player count was still pretty low so it took a few minutes to find games but I didn't run into any issues.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lmao

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Codeacious posted:

Depends, Respawn may not fix the DoS exploit this time either. They acknowledged it months ago when Apex got owned but only fixed Apex.

It's a shame but I kinda understand it. Judging by Twitch viewership it looks like Apex Legends has taken the Battle Royale crown and dethroned Fortnite finally, so I would imagine that Apex is Respawn's top priority and they have been doing a stellar job of supporting the game.

At the same time however, the studio has expanded significantly as far as I know and now has two separate teams? That they were so stubborn on sparing a little manpower for the Titanfall games for so long is really disappointing because the original game is what put them on the map. The first Titanfall was a stupidly huge success (I think it sold over 10 million?) and despite the sequel not performing as well, I'm still surprised that they seem to have no interest in continuing the franchise.

I remember an interview after Titanfall 2 launched and EA had screwed Respawn by keeping the BF game/announcement a secret from them (they thought their only competition was COD and were launching a week beforehand iirc) and Vince Zampella sounded really angry. The interviewer asked about the future of the Titanfall IP and apparently the EA representative chimed in to say the publisher is committed to it before Vince interjected with "Whatever the gently caress that means" which makes me wonder what's really going on at Respawn. Apex is obviously a stupidly huge success for them and currently one of the most popular games around, but I would have thought that would get them a free pass to make a new Titanfall game but instead it's taken them forever just to fix a bug that was crippling the online play in the games. I wonder if Vince will leave EA again (that's why they went to Activision to make COD in the first place) and try to go independent with all the Apex cash keeping them afloat? Then again, they're probably locked-in under a tight contract after what happened with Activision.

A new Titanfall game on the new console hardware would be incredible.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

I wonder if Vince will leave EA again

Doubt it. Vince is notorious for airing dirty laundry, and he was absolutely in the right on that occasion, but that was before EA nabbed Respawn...and before Vince was put on the EA board of directors. He's been in a position of power for a while and has overseen Respawn's progression from fledgling EA newbie to EA's premier 'fixer' studio, whether it's battle royale or trying to rescue the Star Wars license after the Dice MTX disaster. I'm absolutely convinced another TF game will emerge, but not until they've fulfilled other obligations, Zampella is too smart about internal corporate politics now to overreach. I expect 2023 is the year we'll see it.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 11, 2021

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I really hope we do, and that we see a return of the superb map design from the first game.

This may be a contentious wish, but I would really like to see a Titanfall game with some environment destruction as well. Not complete destruction - pilots obviously need significant combat spaces that are safe from titans, but having some aspects of the maps destructible either from heavy fire or titans knocking them down when dashing through? That would be really great to see.

I'd like some of the older gameplay elements that were abandoned in the sequel to make a return as well, like hackable turrets. They were a really cool feature and it would be great seeing that idea expanded upon for the importance of map control, as well as just ramping everything up in numbers because I love when Titanfall gets really chaotic :D

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Showed my friend the campaign, man, what a game. Looks like it came out yesterday. So polished all around. Story is surprisingly engaging, for being generic-ish sci-fi stuff. Still cracks me up that the 1st one didn't have a proper campaign, people complained, and they swung back with this.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

man, what a game

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Showed my friend the campaign, man, what a game. Looks like it came out yesterday. So polished all around. Story is surprisingly engaging, for being generic-ish sci-fi stuff. Still cracks me up that the 1st one didn't have a proper campaign, people complained, and they swung back with this.

On top of everything, whoever did the writing really nailed it, they knew exactly what the game was setting out to be and wove the story into it. Now that I think about it, part of why I place TF|2's campaign into a lineage with Half Life 2 is that they both got that an action game's story works a lot better when it emerges from developing relationships between characters versus a complicated, distracting plot that characters just deliver

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
If Titanfall 3 doesn’t have Cooper getting into BT and then BT getting into a cockpit for a Titan to control a Mega-Titan, I will be mildly disappointed.

Edit: WITH THE MEGA-TITAN THROWING BT TO SAVE HIM

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nitevision posted:

On top of everything, whoever did the writing really nailed it, they knew exactly what the game was setting out to be and wove the story into it. Now that I think about it, part of why I place TF|2's campaign into a lineage with Half Life 2 is that they both got that an action game's story works a lot better when it emerges from developing relationships between characters versus a complicated, distracting plot that characters just deliver

the voice acting is top notch, I was gonna peruse the imdb because surely there's some familiar voices-faces on there. I was surprised how good even the minor bosses voices were.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ringo Star Get posted:

If Titanfall 3 doesn’t have Cooper getting into BT and then BT getting into a cockpit for a Titan to control a Mega-Titan, I will be mildly disappointed.

Edit: WITH THE MEGA-TITAN THROWING BT TO SAVE HIM

Tengen toppa titanfall

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Titanfall 2 in SRW when?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
How are the servers lately? still disconnecting from DDoS?

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

How are the servers lately? still disconnecting from DDoS?

Matches are stable but you'll occasionally be dropped while waiting for the next match.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Titanfall 1 appears to be active on Xbox, it's an old game so the playerbase isn't huge but there's full lobbies working smoothly. I haven't checked the sequel.

Also, for anyone that has an Xbox Series X, Respawn released patches for both Titanfall games to boost the framerate to 120fps :D

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Give me a version of Boomtown where parts of the map are constantly re-configuring themselves like the sim dome in the campaign

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Someone got into the GeForce Now Database and found a placeholder for Titanfall 3 and a couple of other games.

Not saying it's real, but it would be nice!

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Respawn is working on 2 projects rn iirc. One of them is absolutely the sequel to their Jedi game and the other I think they started hiring for a couple months ago….don’t wanna get my hopes up on it being Titanfall though.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Tetrabor posted:

Someone got into the GeForce Now Database and found a placeholder for Titanfall 3 and a couple of other games.

Not saying it's real, but it would be nice!

It's listed as titanfall3_apex_legends in the actual leaked data, so it's just Apex rather than a proper TTF 3 :(

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Wilko posted:

It's listed as titanfall3_apex_legends in the actual leaked data, so it's just Apex rather than a proper TTF 3 :(

It could also be a double feature considering it's the same engine, and this could be the story (Fall of Gridiron) that links the Titanfall series to the events of Apex.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Apex Legends was literally the result of the tf3 development effort afaik

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

SUNKOS posted:

The first Titanfall was a stupidly huge success (I think it sold over 10 million?) and despite the sequel not performing as well, I'm still surprised that they seem to have no interest in continuing the franchise.

I am usually out of the loop on these things, but am surprised considering how good tf2 is. I played it a ton a few years ago and haven't been back in for a year or so, but I do own two ps4 copies and one pc copy so...

I'M DOING WHAT I CAN, MAN!!!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Then you probably haven't heard of the spy thriller that went on in titanfall 2 that has left it mostly unplayable for most of the year due to DDoS attacks, which is a shame because I was starting to get into it and get friends into it but they don't want to get dropped constantly trying to get a game.

Would a Titanfall 3 keep the gritty dark look of 2 or would it keep the colorful look of Apex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

TF1 was a huge success? It was xbox only right? or at least for a while? I didn't see it as a success because of that, and doing the whole no campaign thing early on. Obviously I didn't know numbers

god just give me TF3 gently caress

I got goosebumps again when BT gave me the thumbs up, forgot about that part